Personality Cafe banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How would you describe your alter ego?

In real life outside the internet I am actually someone very reserved and conservative. I purposefully put myself in the background except if I'm around people I'm comfortable with and I can be over cautious of my values. (Heh I showed someone here pictures of me when I'm socially awkward in crowds)

On the internet my alter ego comes out. It kind of springs out in the form of my other self; manipulative, dramatic and overly feisty. This happens whenever I'm frustrated with something or I feel like I'm going through major changes in my life.

When I further think about the connection between who I really am and that alter ego, I conclude that for now I am still INFP at the core. This is because these things remain intact about me whichever side I'm assuming; I'm still idealistic, I love dealing with the abstract world, I'm an over rational cynic about human nature underneath the rose colored view to the world, I place value on even subtle emotions, my secret goals are people oriented and deep down inside, I much prefer an introverted lifestyle to an extroverted lifestyle.

So what's your alter ego and true self, and how are you still INFP with that?

Don't pretend you don't have a dark side :dry:

·
Registered
188 Posts
I'm still an INFP because that's pretty much the description of an INFP. Just let yourself grow with maturity. Things just make more sense as you get older. I love how there are so many teens on here having mature discussions about this stuff but we still have to remember we have a lot more to learn about ourselves, and that learning can only come with age, the more you see, the more you know.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I have 2 alter ego's. We'll call them Happy and Grumpy... like the 7 dwarves.

Grumpy comes out to play if I'm stressed out or hit that go-go-go mode (this happens when I'm at work [think really super detail focused ISTJ]). Suffice to say if you're in the way of my accomplishment we're going to have an issue. Don't get me wrong I'm still capable of being nice and smiling but the gameface is on. (this one's made an appearance on the forum, sorry folks :blushed:)

Happy comes out when I'm with friends and/or when i'm hyper/bored. At this point think Jim Belushi a la Blues Brothers or Animal House. Immature to the extreme, loud (if drinking) and finally extremely friendly.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
I don't really have alter egos. I just have different aspects of my personality, which each would be seen as a different personality in itself to the outside world (because the outside world deals mainly in archetypes, which aren't actually fully developed as personalities). Furthermore, I am constantly absorbing more personalities based on traits I pick up from others, and mixing and matching traits from existing personalities... how I present myself each day... is complicated... which is why I utterly confuse many people.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
I think on the internet, I'm more... freer.

In real life, honestly... I'm shy and reserved. Don't strike up conversations with strangers when outside. I actually hate looking at people in the eye for too long... *shudders*

I'm more calmer IRL. XD

·
MOTM Dec 2012
12,239 Posts
my alter ego has suicidal tendencies, is neurotic, worry-prone, depressed...it's a miracle i survived so far. sometimes being an INFP makes me want to cry :crying:

·
Registered
752 Posts
My "alter ego" will go and kick ass if it comes out for whatever reason when it comes out. My "alter ego" is also noticeably darker and is much more blunt than I am normally. It can also be completely inconsiderate at times.

...That really doesn't change when it comes out in real life. Like Rowingeden, it's apart of who I am, but it always has its reasons for appearing. Always.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm 6 personalities in 1.

Simply put they'd be:

sensitive/cuddly me
Tease/Flirtatious/innuendo-ey me
'Thinking/Rational me'
Super Depressed me
Rough and ready to rock me
Calm, Wise(r), socially reserved, Zen-like me.

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
I have a BUNCH of different aspects to myself,i think everyone does...

I can be like a child really adventurous and just ready to explore everything around me.
I can be really sad and quiet I just turn inside myself and lay back for ahwile.
I can overly flirtatious and charming.
I can be really bitchy and be witty and sarcastic in the meanest way possible.
I can be really sweet and do whatever it is you want me to do.
I can be really anxious and scared and unsure about every little thing.
I can be really laid-back and chill.
I can be really crazy and ready to party and have fun.
I can be really romantic and loving.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I like to make people happy so I guess I cover myself up with humor a lot of times, sometimes even a false arrogance it all depends on how I'm feeling at that moment though and how my relationships with people are going. Sometimes I look back at the last week and think how inconsistent I am since my whole personality feels like it's constantly being built upon in different directions...Even though I feel real comfortable with who I am, even though I don't know who I am, but I'm comfortable with that? but always I got that chiming in my head behind it all... stupid Fi

·
Registered
915 Posts
Im hot and cold, very rarely luke warm. My curiosity cant be appeased. I think pretty hard about things. Im also an explorer.

I guess Ill put it on a spectrum...

A romantic and feminist
Conservative yet liberal
Sweet yet Sour
Quiet and loud
Feeler and thinker
Rule follower yet challenger of rules
Merciful yet justice seeking
Well behaved and wild
Peace maker and rabble rouser
Heart on my sleeve and bluffer
Trusting yet distrustful
Artistic yet intellectual
Religious and athiest
Scattered and collected
Eloquent and sloppy

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Like rowingineden said, any alter egos are really me, they just happen to be different aspects of my personality. It's all similar type thinking and processing and all that, but just different... filters, or gels for any of you with a history in theater. The light (my personality) is always the same, but can appear to be all sorts of colors depending on which gel (filter) I decide to use. Often times there are several filters being used at once for a given situation because each filter is a "pure" filter and honestly don't usually work well by themselves in the real world.

It does lead to a lot of confusion with people though. I've been told multiple times that I'm a completely different person at work compared to when I hang out with people, and even more so in a one-on-one sort of situation. If I compare how I am when I'm by myself to how I am when interacting with my roommates, I'm still a different person... ish. The most obvious difference is that when I'm by myself, I'm much more open and obvious about my feelings and all that, but as soon as I'm interacting with someone else, they're much more difficult to see or interpret. An INFJ friend of mine commented on that once, how I was one of most emotionally inhibited people she knew as far as displaying my emotions to the outside world, but everything she felt from me was so much more intense than for any of her other friends/acquaintances. Irony much?

Reactions: rowingineden

·
Registered
576 Posts
Plain and simple, it's like the bad side to me, but still not really bad just rougher. Like I don't fight people or anything, but this side does care less. Sometimes I sit back and I just feel like rampaging, maybe I am a bad person. It goes deeper but don't feel like explaining it because I don't even fully understand it yet.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts