Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a photographic memory, so I remember things very easily, but when it comes to my personal belongings, I constantly lose them or forget them. It's a big issue for me!
Am I alone? Is this an ENFJ thing? Do you have any idea(s) how to help?

Thanks a lot to those who will answer :happy:

·
Registered
89 Posts
oh, you're definitely not alone there. i mean, sheesh, sometimes i can't find a thing that i "put somewhere" half a minute ago! i think (at least in me) it could be connected with the fact that i'm too concentrated on organising and memorising non-material things, ideas, plans, relationships, so the material world can kind of.. get a bit distant. one way in which i try to cope with this (it's quite funny, so please don't laugh) is when i see that i have lost something again, i try to think of the thing as a, well, person, related to me in some kind of a more personal way than just "belonging", and try to remember/imagine where it could be in this manner. it's almost like, well, not really talking to the thing (though sometimes i do that, too, have to admit, eh), but trying to get in touch with it not through rational memory but some, umm, special connection you have with it..? i don't know if this is easy to understand, but that's what i do most of the time in such situations.
or just try to put things in some weird places where i am sure to run into them sooner or later, like on the doorknobs or on top of the computer where i wouldn't normally put anything, so that i'd notice them without even trying :) hope this gives you some ideas how to deal with the forgetfulness.
though i suggest you just don't worry about it too much, because for me it got better when i stopped worrying about having lost something again, the calm helped to focus on finding them, somehow.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Dunno if it's an ENFJ thing but definitely happens to me... I'll put something down and it'll just "go away" for a period of time without me even knowing... The longest I lost something like this was like 3 years--left something at a friends house and didn't even realize I'd lost it for a couple of weeks.... when I did figure it out, had no idea where it walked off to, so...

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Hmm. I can recall specific events including things that happened when I was two. However, I can ever find my stupid car keys. I don't get it.... Now what were you saying again? Lol:tongue:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hmm. I can recall specific events including things that happened when I was two. However, I can ever find my stupid car keys. I don't get it.... Now what were you saying again? Lol:tongue:
Heh, I experience something similar to this...I can perfectly recall, with almost photographic detail, many events from my past...but I have the hardest time remembering small details about daily life that I feel I should remember. It concerns me somewhat, because I feel like my mind isn't working as well as it should be.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Heh, I experience something similar to this...I can perfectly recall, with almost photographic detail, many events from my past...but I have the hardest time remembering small details about daily life that I feel I should remember. It concerns me somewhat, because I feel like my mind isn't working as well as it should be.
Umm .... that's called age. Just wait till things start to ache that used never ache. And hair growing in places that shouldn't instead of places where you do want hair. Dang.. I am reflecting

·
Registered
21 Posts
Umm .... that's called age. Just wait till things start to ache that used never ache. And hair growing in places that shouldn't instead of places where you do want hair. Dang.. I am reflecting
Awww, I'm only 27 :confused:

Guess I'm doooooomed :laughing:

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
i do have a photographic memory. but true, i do lose my keys...my wallet...favorite pair of jeans..phone...money...

i rarely lose my phone anymore, so i attached my keys to my phone because i still lose my keys. but now that they are attached to my phone i dont lose my keys anymore lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts