Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I was younger I always thought there was something wrong with me because whenever anything slightly out of the ordinary happened, I'd start shaking, my teeth would start chattering, and my heart would beat at the speed of a hunting cheetah. It still happens now and even at the littlest things- if I'm talking about my future or telling someone a creative idea I'm working on (I write books, music, tv shows, movies, and am working to become an animator and a painter) or even if I'm talking to a stranger, I feel it happening. Is this common for ENFPs, to be filled with this much adrenaline all the time?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Well, it certainly is for me. I get excited, and I'm addicted to the rush. If it's not by the ways you've described (which happens often) then I'm doing something thrilling and probably a bit dangerous to shake things up. Last week my ENTP friend and I decided it would be a good idea to plank on top of a 10 foot high set of double doors while waiting for guests at a baby shower, just because someone had the idea and we couldn't leave it untested. If you didn't know, most other women don't react well to this sort of risk taking... which made it even more hilarious to see their reactions.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Isn't adrenaline more of an "Se" thing? I think of dopamine as the primary driver for Ne....because it's about the mind getting excited into overthinking.....hence the trouble sleeping, the racing of ideas....I am almost never hyperactive on the outside unless I make a conscious effort to be that way. I am not at all danger seeking, and that stuff neither scares me nor appeals to me. So I'm not danger averse either, I just don't seek it out. It would have to be the testing of an idea that just happened to be dangerous as well, and in that case I might engage in danger....but that is rare, since generally I want my ideas to be practical...I want them to have a lasting impression on society, something improving the way society works and functions. So the risks are usually financial rather than physical, and that's only because money makes the world go 'round.

So I have to ask, is it possible you are "Se" dominant? Lots of sites do suggest alot of thrill seeking behavior, but if you read Jung it paints a different picture....I like the "personality junkie" portrayals the best, they seem the most logical. They also don't make sensors sound like idiots or just way too simplistic, which I believe is the main reason why so many people mistype (who wants to think of themselves as an idiot?).

Jung described the Ne dominant as security seeking (since each type unconsciously seeks the inferior, and Ne is inferior Si), and mostly risk and movement averse when it comes to physical exertion. The Ne energy goes all to the mind (which is why ENFP/ENTP are considered the most introverted extroverts - excessive time spent in our heads).

I don't know about other Ne dominants, but I hate things like gambling or other risk intensive activities just for kicks... I would only do it if I thought I had conjured a way to beat the system (which certainly could happen). I also hate dice in general, or anything that I can't accurately hypothesize a way to predict the outcome ahead of time or severely mitigate risk, or at least believe that I can.

Se dominants have Ni inferior, which means that they might be hit by sudden "ideas" as well. But these ideas are generally always geared towards something of an Se end, since Ni is a slave to the dominant Se. In other words, the Ni thinks up ideas to put into physical actions, "Jackass" show style in the case of Se/Ti or Ti/Se, while the Se/Fi users would enjoy more romantic endeavors or something moral and hands on, like humanitarian work and helping the disadvantaged with menial tasks (while the NP types would seek to help but in a more global sense, which is why NFPs are more attracted to journalism and writing - it hits a larger audience and is more thought based than hands on).

Thoughts?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm definitely an ENFP...maybe I just have really bad nerves? Are anxiety problems common in ENFPs?
Thank you for the in depth answer by the way :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts