Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
His Majesty
12,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why is it that every SP I meet ALWAYS have money for their projects (i.e. car parts, instruments, camera parts) but then when it comes to having money for daily things (food, gas etc.) they are broke! Why is that?! Can someone explain this to me?

·
Registered
267 Posts
At least we save up our money for investments. Actually, my dad (an ISTP) buys too much random stuff that are useful to him while he's first excited. After that, his stuff lays around the house and collects dust for the next 3+ years. is this what you mean by spending stuff on projects more than necessities?

I skip lunch from time to time because I'm too lazy to eat/make it or because I want to save money. Compromising/struggling to pursue an interest? Like struggling to pursue a dream/goal. I don't see anything wrong with that. Though spending and not reserving extra money for emergencies is an issue. I tend to under predict what I actually need when I go on trips. Poor judgement?

·
His Majesty
12,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Of course I don't mean to say "ALL" SPs do this. I didn't mean to paint you all with such a broad brush. I apologize. But as for projects (personal ones) some seem to be broke but always have money for a engine part (shocks, turbo, body kit, transmission, sound system etc) especially for their hobby. This is what I'm referring to.

·
Banned
14,801 Posts
Of course I don't mean to say "ALL" SPs do this. I didn't mean to paint you all with such a broad brush. I apologize. But as for projects (personal ones) some seem to be broke but always have money for a engine part (shocks, turbo, body kit, transmission, sound system etc) especially for their hobby. This is what I'm referring to.
Some useful tips for your SP friends: recycling for cash, selling plasma, donating sperm, topless dancing, independent contract work, using their skills to assist private interests (i.e. I can fix cars/cook great food/repair your plumbing for a little less than calling a mechanic/caterer/plumber) in a pinch.

·
His Majesty
12,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Some useful tips for your SP friends: recycling for cash, selling plasma, donating sperm, topless dancing, independent contract work, using their skills to assist private interests (i.e. I can fix cars/cook great food/repair your plumbing for a little less than calling a mechanic/caterer/plumber) in a pinch.
Wow.... those are some "creative" ways..... LOL

·
His Majesty
12,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm not an SP but I am often like this. Why should I waste money on food or gas? I'd much rather buy stuff I really want.
Like the world!

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Yeah, guilty.

I work two part time jobs but my ten-year-old sister always has more money than me. I buy things! Isn't that what money's for?

·
Registered
404 Posts
Why is it that every SP I meet ALWAYS have money for their projects (i.e. car parts, instruments, camera parts) but then when it comes to having money for daily things (food, gas etc.) they are broke! Why is that?! Can someone explain this to me?
I'm very much like that.

This is why:

Projects = fun
Fun = Important to me

·
Registered
404 Posts
Carpe diem huh?
Hell yeah!

What is the point of doing stuff you don't like, so that you can continue to do stuff you don't like?

Better to live a short and blissful life full of things you love, than a long miserable one.

·
His Majesty
12,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hell yeah!

What is the point of doing stuff you don't like, so that you can continue to do stuff you don't like?

Better to live a short and blissful life full of things you love, than a long miserable one.
At least I know who to come to when I want to have a great time. LOL

For a "good" time call 509 664 2701 ask for @Marac! LOL

*it's just a fake random number*

·
Rebel without a cause
2,725 Posts
wow... Good question, really! When I was on nicotine I shouldn't have been able to manage that with the small amount of money that I had, but I did somehow. Calculating on it now makes it make even less sense how I could afford it.

Always broke, and still I manage to find money for my hobbies, yes... I too do wonder!

·
His Majesty
12,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
wow... Good question, really! When I was on nicotine I shouldn't have been able to manage that with the small amount of money that I had, but I did somehow. Calculating on it now makes it make even less sense how I could afford it.

Always broke, and still I manage to find money for my hobbies, yes... I too do wonder!
Can this be answered through cognitive functions?

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
When we spend money on projects and pleasures it's an investment into our mental health. The healthier we are, the more able we are to earn more money. Being doers and creators of various kinds, we require raw materials and tools to climb toward self-actualization, we can't just sit in our heads.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts