Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you guys also find yourselves always working on some type of self-improvement project? I realize that I have been doing this for YEARS. It's only recently when I became very conscious of this, because I started setting more reasonable, time-specific projects. Example, "By next year, same time, I will be more physically in shape and I will be more actively working on my art/music." Anyway, just curious if any other INFJs found themselves doing this... :) And if so, what kind of 'projects' you've had.

·
Registered
543 Posts
One of my projects has been the 'Get healthy, Gain weight' project. I wanted to start eating natural things, superfoods, greenfoods and what not.

Another project would be my 'Return to Innocence' project :cool:

Another, 'Finish my novel' project

At first it seems like i'm making progress after making all these plans...but i tend to loose steam. I've started so many things i can't seem to finish. This is one part of me i seriously dislike, and i've started a project to deal with this...........kidding! :sad:

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
Each day I think about what I could do to improve myself. Currently I am working as a chef in a high class restaurant and I learn new shit every day. Outside of work, I try to improve my body through working out. I also try to improve my bad attitudes around people I can't stand. I guess the usual shit.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Lol @ the troll.

Anyhoo. Mine currently happens to be to survive work until December, then move halfway across the country

Not sure what to do after that other than launch my webcomic series

·
Registered
100 Posts
I've started so many things i can't seem to finish. This is one part of me i seriously dislike, and i've started a project to deal with this...........kidding! :sad:
:crazy:

I say yes to improvement.
Both on the in - and outside.
I believe one can improve, if one understands.
So I try to understand

My 'projects' used to have a deadline.
But by now I see improvement bigger,
which means my deadline will be my death.

Reactions: Zomboy

·
Registered
402 Posts
I am always building myself, this alternates between consciously becoming of what is true of myself.... but when I am to be around others my wishes become less of that (more external)... but overall, together, they bring a vast effect and enable me to view more of my layers.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Do you guys also find yourselves always working on some type of self-improvement project? I realize that I have been doing this for YEARS. It's only recently when I became very conscious of this, because I started setting more reasonable, time-specific projects.
If you don't mind my asking, what does a less reasonable non-time-specific project look like?

I'm constantly trying to be a better person, but the ways I go about this aren't very concrete, although working my way through the book, A Course In Miracles, a second time comes to mind as an exception. It is like the Bible to me, and I like to read a section each day if I can. I also like to write in my journal without absences longer than a few days if possible. I wish a lot that I meditated more, but it's uncommon that I convince myself to do it. I try to run a few miles every few days to keep at least somewhat fit.

... So just ongoing things without any real specific goals besides keeping healthy.

What would you say caused the change in you you speak of?

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ptarmigan:

By less-reasonable/non-time-specific projects, I am referring to goals such as, "I will become a virtuoso musician," "I will completely master this set of 12 difficult songs on the piano in 6 months" or other idealistic goals like that.

By more reasonable/time-specific projects, I am referring to goals such as, "By the end of this year, I will be a better musician by further mastering these 2 songs" or "By the end of next year, I will be more physically fit and be regularly active." My goals are more specific (in that they narrow down certain steps I need to take to reach the next level) but I also use qualitative statements such as "more" or "further," because I realize that it is more reasonable. In the past, I was wayyy too idealistic and hard on myself. But now I take these baby steps.

·
Banned
89 Posts
yes I'm always improving myself. Every day is part of one big self improvement project. My motto has always been: If we stop growing...what's the point?

·
Banned
49 Posts
I'm always trying to improve myself. I want to be able to help others however I can, so in order to be able to do that, I need to work on myself as well because if I don't grow, how would I expect to be able to help others grow?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Yes. Every few months I make a list of personal goals, dos and donts for myself, etc.
I always feel like there is room for improvement

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Yes I always think about what I should be doing.

The best thing I've accomplished over the past 4-5 years is probably working out and going from toothpick 120 to average 160 weight.

Actual difficult stuff like becoming more mature, well I definitely am but how much, I have no idea.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts