Personality Cafe banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you guys also find yourselves always working on some type of self-improvement project? I realize that I have been doing this for YEARS. It's only recently when I became very conscious of this, because I started setting more reasonable, time-specific projects. Example, "By next year, same time, I will be more physically in shape and I will be more actively working on my art/music." Anyway, just curious if any other INFJs found themselves doing this... :) And if so, what kind of 'projects' you've had.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ptarmigan:

By less-reasonable/non-time-specific projects, I am referring to goals such as, "I will become a virtuoso musician," "I will completely master this set of 12 difficult songs on the piano in 6 months" or other idealistic goals like that.

By more reasonable/time-specific projects, I am referring to goals such as, "By the end of this year, I will be a better musician by further mastering these 2 songs" or "By the end of next year, I will be more physically fit and be regularly active." My goals are more specific (in that they narrow down certain steps I need to take to reach the next level) but I also use qualitative statements such as "more" or "further," because I realize that it is more reasonable. In the past, I was wayyy too idealistic and hard on myself. But now I take these baby steps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.