Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you been accused of always smiling?

I have.

I think it happens when I imagine (Ne) the scenarios such as getting filthy rich, simulating death onto a specific someone, doing something I want, etc. I've been labeled "smiley" as when I was a boy and recently,
some stranger had to point it out while I was walking down a hallway that I was smiling (something that did annoy me).

A generalized idea is that jokers and tricksters always had this smirk or smile (evil streak?) and ENTPs are stereotyped as them.

Are you a "smiler"!?

·
Registered
733 Posts
YESSS!!! My sister gets embarrassed in public because she thinks I look like a loon. I just shoot back with a "what?! I'm not aloud to be happy?!"

My best friend thinks I'm making fun of him in my head. He's spot on about that one. I just let it out and start bagging on him when he calls me out.

But most people see it as a smirk and believe I'm up to some sort of prank.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Oh, spot on. Some people including my roommate would go like, "Why are you smiling?" In my head all sorts of things are going on that made that smile pop up. Sometimes it's quite random. Other times it's just things I can just keep inside my head or else it'd actually be troublesome, relating to the happenings around me. But basically, I love it - happiness come to me always!

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
definitely, but this also encompasses laughing. I'll laugh about something that reminded me of something that reminded me of something funny that happened 3 years ago. And then how all the people I see on the sidewalk somehow started floating and...
what? YES, I'm smiling. No, you wouldn't understand what about....

·
Registered
297 Posts
When I met someone new at collage and I told him that I am usually happy, a friend pointed out that I'm always smiling. That sometimes it is even irrititing. :laughing:

·
Registered
722 Posts
Have you been accused of always smiling?

I have.

I think it happens when I imagine (Ne) the scenarios such as getting filthy rich, simulating death onto a specific someone, doing something I want, etc. I've been labeled "smiley" as when I was a boy and recently,
some stranger had to point it out while I was walking down a hallway that I was smiling (something that did annoy me).

A generalized idea is that jokers and tricksters always had this smirk or smile (evil streak?) and ENTPs are stereotyped as them.

Are you a "smiler"!?
In high school I did alot. I think alot of it came from Fe because when I was by myself I generally displayed a blank expression and at times even would suffer from depression but the second people came around I was happy go lucky and liked to smile and joke around constantly.

·
Registered
273 Posts
All the time! Whenever I am not smiling people ask if I'm okay it's like I'm never allowed to not smile. I guess people just got used to smiley me :)

·
Registered
ESFJ
642 Posts
I frequently smile at strangers, smile when happy, and smile when nervous. Otherwise I have that blank expression that makes people ask, "why are you so angry??" o_O

1 - 12 of 12 Posts