Personality Cafe banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now I'm almost positive that the first two of my tritype are 7w6 (six is counterphobic) Sp/So and 3w2, and that the third is probably a 1. What I'm not as sure about is what wing that my 1 uses.

1. What drives you in life? What do you look for?
I'm driven by my desire for personal success and to make a difference in the world and to be perfectly honest, I want to look good doing it. I don't think that means that I have selfish motives, but I do care about my image and want to be liked, or at least respected.
My number one priority though, is to have a good time living. Even if those first few things fall through, this is completely necessary. I need to be able to support the kind of lifestyle I want for myself.

2. What do you hope to accomplish in your life?
See above.

3. What do you hope to avoid doing or being? What values are important to you?
I hope to avoid being dead weight. I want to contribute just as much as I take. I think it's the job of each of us to do something to better the world or the people around us. I think kindness is just as important as being "moral" if not more so. But I also think the that the ends tend to justify the means. I don't like how often ambition seems to be vilified.
4. What are your biggest fears (not including phobias)? Why?
Feeling useless is probably my biggest fear. Dead weight, like I said above. I don't know why I fear it, I just do. Being ignored or abandoned is another one. Being considered boring is a big one, although I rarely seem to have trouble with that. Most of all, I'm afraid of my inner world. I hide in the external world to avoid that. I'll deal with my external problems in a heartbeat, but I never know what to do about my fears, anxieties, or worries and tend to drown them out by partying or physical activities or video games or watching a movie or anything that will keep me from being alone with my thoughts. It apparently works because no one seems to have any idea how anxious I can actually be and gives a lot of fun times, gets you a lot of friends, and a lot of stories to tell later. But to be honest, if I were to be deprived of my ability to do this, I have no idea what I'd do.

5. How do you want others to see you? How do you see yourself?
I want other people to see me as competent, first and foremost. I care more about that than I do about being liked, although I do want people to like me. Than I'd like to be well liked as a fun person to be around, and someone who can be depended on to do the right thing for the people I care about.
6. What makes you feel your best? What makes you feel your worst?
I'm at my best when I'm with a group of people doing something fun. Accomplishment also makes me feel good. I also get a good feeling if people describe me as a good person, or a helpful person, or a responsible person. I'm at my worst when I mess up. Any kind of screw ups in a professional or more serious situation. Anything that can make me feel substandard. I want to be top dog, I want to be the best at what I choose to do, I don't want to realize that I have no idea how to close the shades properly.

7. Describe how you experience each of: a) anger; b) shame; c) anxiety.
A. Eliminate the cause of anger
B. Usually try to laugh it off with a joke. That's social embarrassment. Actual shame is harder to get rid of and I try to make amends, make up to whoever I did wrong by. If that's not possible, I try to push it to the back of my mind and move on. C. I'm on medication for anxiety. Usually being around other people helps.

8. Describe how you respond to each of: a) stress; b) unexpected change; c) conflict.
A. Again, being around other people or outside stimulus helps. Just don't leave me alone with my thoughts or my fears and we're good to go. B. I might be mildly annoyed, but as long as it doesn't inconvenience me, it's all good. No use sweating the small stuff. If it really bothers me, I'll try and get whatever changed back. C. This is where I do best. I thrive with external conflict, at least to a certain degree. I can be a very assertive, even aggressive individual with difficulty backing down. Usually I'm friendly, but I find conflict exciting. Avoidance bothers me and I can think of few traits that I hate more. Avoidance is cowardice in my personal opinion.

9. Describe your orientation to: a) authority; b) power. How do you respond to these?
I respond find to authority provided they know what they're doing, because authority is necessary for anything to run smoothly. But they still have to earn my respect, they need to be fit for the level of power or command that they are given. Power is appealing, what I control can't hurt me. But I think power is a means to an end, not the end itself. I think you owe it to everyone else to do something with that power. But I respond fine to these things, but if the authority is an idiot, there is a real possibility of being involved in a power play with me, which I have a long tradition of going back to a middle school group project.

10. What is your overall outlook on life and humanity?
I'm generally a positive person. I think humanity has a ton of potential and I would like to see it utilized. I would like to help it be utilized. I also think that there a lot of morons out there who need to be discouraged, and a lot of people out there who need their butts kicked. I prefer justice over mercy, but I do think that mercy is an important quality.

I'm tired, and I don't know how precise or coherent I am here. Let me know if anything needs to be cleared up.

·
Registered
ILI
5,652 Posts
just skimming through, you are a textbook Self Preservation 7w6, and I see a lot of 1 in your post as well, but not sure which wing
I agree. My thoughts as well.

I would think 9 wing due to answer #4. (7w6, 1w9)

Reactions: Swordsman of Mana
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.