Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

A couple years ago i discovered enneagram and was typed as 8. I have since spent a bunch of time on teh forums, watching videos, etc.... I believe I am an 8. My enneagram teacher though, is now saying she thinks im a 3.

I've read a few articles, watched some videos no comparison between 3 and 8. I am still more or less convinced I am an 8, but because i acknowledge my teachers expertise, i have to consider it a possibility that i am in fact a 3.

Anything in particular you guys can share or get out of me that would determine? I tried this in the 8 forum a while back but I think it may be useful to try over here as well.

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
Tell me about yourself and I'll try to help. 8 is tricky tbh, I think most people have a fair bit of 8 traits. An assertive rebel, many people who aren't even 8s fit that. So I see why it's such a common mistype. 3 is pretty stereotypical though, I feel like if you were a 3 you'd know. You might even be a different type altogether.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm, where to start!? Lol. I'm a male ESTP, 36 years old.

So i discovered this article about SP/3's - http://personalitycafe.com/type-3-forum-achiever/345178-self-preservation-threes-according-beatrice-chestnut.html

This is the most i've ever related to a 3. It actually screams a really good friend of mine who is an ISFP.

The first couple paragraphs about security/resources dont line up with my past, but the anti-vanity, anti-weakness, anti-showoff, anti-bragging, anti-vulnerability, desire for practicality and usefulness...

is there anything specifically here which is different from an 8?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts