Personality Cafe banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure about my other fixes for most part (however if that is a possible mistype let me know), but need some help in deciding between these 2 types for myself, since I can see a bit of myself in both. So like a 6, I can be suspicious of people and their intentions or so, and I can be loyal to them once they are in my inner circle. However I also like to test for their loyality in return.

Similar to 5, I am typically withdrawn and you can say, I do tend to gather information to gain confidence to cope up with the world, which causes quite a lot of inaction from me. Also I have some insecurity in dealing with the world due to me having an opinion of it being a dangerous place if you don't know about it and how it works. So I tend to withdraw and just keep myself to observing stuff before forming an opinion. I also don't like to rely on others and want to be as independent as possible, so due to that I usually refuse external help and maintain minimalistic relationship with others.

Anyone have any tests to decide between the 2? Also if anyone is okay with typing or need more details, I have filled 2 different questionnaires from this forum.

·
Premium Member
INFJ 4w3 sp/sx
1,523 Posts
Some tips:

1 - Most core 6s actually come across as likeable people who easily make connections with others when they want to. This is because they are in the Attachment triad (unlike 5s) and don't find it hard to adapt to the outer environment. Besides being in the Attachment triad, 6s are in the Reactive triad as well (with 4s and 8s) so 6s are actually affected easily by minor things in their daily lives. Are you the type of person who reacts emotionally because of things that bother you daily or weekly? When things get rough in your life, do you become more Reactive (nervous, trying to act in the outer world) or more Withdrawn (simply detaching as much as you can)?

2 - Average 5s have a hard time connecting with others, making friends or expressing themselves emotionally. They are stubborn and tough-minded, whereas averages 6s are more fluid and full of doubts (unless we are talking about a very counterphobic 6). If you feel you are more open to the input others give because of your doubts, you're likely a 6. If you think you are the only one who can come up with accurate answers based on your "intelligence" and observations, you're likely a 5.

3 - 6s have often this "charm" or "charismatic" aura about them because they are so relatable. 5s aren't relatable at all and in unhealthy or even average levels, will push people away.

4 - 5s prefer to see themselves as completely independent. Core 6s (even with a 5 wing) like to see themselves cooperating with others, or like to see themselves as part of a community/group.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Some tips:

1 - Most core 6s actually come across as likeable people who easily make connections with others when they want to. This is because they are in the Attachment triad (unlike 5s) and don't find it hard to adapt to the outer environment. Besides being in the Attachment triad, 6s are in the Reactive triad as well (with 4s and 8s) so 6s are actually affected easily by minor things in their daily lives. Are you the type of person who reacts emotionally because of things that bother you daily or weekly? When things get rough in your life, do you become more Reactive (nervous, trying to act in the outer world) or more Withdrawn (simply detaching as much as you can)?

2 - Average 5s have a hard time connecting with others, making friends or expressing themselves emotionally. They are stubborn and tough-minded, whereas averages 6s are more fluid and full of doubts (unless we are talking about a very counterphobic 6). If you feel you are more open to the input others give because of your doubts, you're likely a 6. If you think you are the only one who can come up with accurate answers based on your "intelligence" and observations, you're likely a 5.

3 - 6s have often this "charm" or "charismatic" aura about them because they are so relatable. 5s aren't relatable at all and in unhealthy or even average levels, 5s tend to push people off.

4 - 5s prefer to see themselves as completely independent. Core 6s (even with a 5 wing) like to see themselves cooperating with others, or like to see themselves as part of a community/group.
Well for one part, I definitely don't come across as charismatic. Rather my friends have told me that I have a rather bored, arrogant, lost in thought, over thinking and unapproachable vibe before they knew me well enough.

Now for the rest, I can certainly be bothered by minor issues, however that is when I feel that I am being taken advantage of or something like that. However I tend to keep my emotional reactions inside unless it becomes no longer bearable, if I don't let it out. Usually I tend to withdraw due to that when a problem arises.

About being open to input of others, usually I do actually like a good discussion, maybe they think about stuff from angles which I haven't considered when I am alone. So considering all that, it can be useful to discuss ideas with others whom you consider smart. For other kind of people, I am either silently disagreeing with them or perhaps get argumentative. But for me to accept others opinions needs me to verify or analyse them for myself. This year for a change, I have tried to rely on others to get more social. But most of the time they did make careless errors. So I again think that I should rather not rely much on others, except perhaps for some minor chores or such kinds of help.

·
Beer Guardian
ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE Honorary INTJ
15,809 Posts
I am sure about my other fixes for most part (however if that is a possible mistype let me know), but need some help in deciding between these 2 types for myself, since I can see a bit of myself in both. So like a 6, I can be suspicious of people and their intentions or so, and I can be loyal to them once they are in my inner circle. However I also like to test for their loyality in return.

Similar to 5, I am typically withdrawn and you can say, I do tend to gather information to gain confidence to cope up with the world, which causes quite a lot of inaction from me. Also I have some insecurity in dealing with the world due to me having an opinion of it being a dangerous place if you don't know about it and how it works. So I tend to withdraw and just keep myself to observing stuff before forming an opinion. I also don't like to rely on others and want to be as independent as possible, so due to that I usually refuse external help and maintain minimalistic relationship with others.

Anyone have any tests to decide between the 2? Also if anyone is okay with typing or need more details, I have filled 2 different questionnaires from this forum.
What are you afraid of most?

·
Beer Guardian
15,809 Posts
About being unable to deal with stuff, being not so smart, failure and stuff like that. In relationship tho, I am afraid of betrayal.
You understand your fears. You don't hide them. Along with your feelings of inadequacy and concerns about betrayal, this all points to core 6 type.

5s don't like to admit they have feelings at all, let alone fears (but they most certainly do have them). 5s see emotions as messy and overwhelming so they tend to try and suppress them.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You understand your fears. You don't hide them. Along with your feelings of inadequacy and concerns about betrayal, this all points to core 6 type.

5s don't like to admit they have feelings at all, let alone fears (but they most certainly do have them). 5s see emotions as messy and overwhelming so they tend to try and suppress them.
Well, few years before I did used to hide them(still do with it irl against unfamiliar people), however over time I have learned that it is better to know your weakness to improve yourself, besides we are online. Btw irl I do suppress my emotions, or at least according to people I know.

·
Beer Guardian
15,809 Posts
Well, few years before I did used to hide them(still do with it irl against unfamiliar people), however over time I have learned that it is better to know your weakness to improve yourself, besides we are online. Btw irl I do suppress my emotions, or at least according to people I know.
Ultimately, it is your call. You know you better than anyone else, or at least you should. If 5 resonates with you more than go with that.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ultimately, it is your call. You know you better than anyone else, or at least you should. If 5 resonates with you more than go with that.
Here's what I thought when I answered previous question. I assumed that answering them truthfully can let me know of my answer with more accuracy, so therefore, there is no need to hide basic fears, as doing so can hinder with the accuracy of the opinion of others. Usually I have seen some people try to use those information to type others through questionnaire. This is in reality contrast to how I am with others. Usually I tend to withdraw and enjoy thinking about stuff on my own. That's a pretty ENTP approach tho, I didn't expect that tbh.

·
Beer Guardian
15,809 Posts
I'm not afraid of much (or at least that's what I tell myself). I was in the Navy, so I was trained to just run on "automatic" in a crisis and do what I was trained to do (I'll fall apart afterwards whenever the adrenaline wears off).
As a 5w6 8w7 4w5 So/Sx ENTP, I tend to be pretty bold for a 5. I'm also not always a hermit. I like being out and about, but I also find it hard to be around larger crowds. Too much stimulation.

Reactions: Reginer

·
Premium Member
INFJ 4w3 sp/sx
1,523 Posts
@Reginer I agree with tanstaafl that ultimately your self-typing is your call, but if you are open to some observations...

I do think you strike me more as a 6 or even a 9 than a 5. Any type in the Attachment triad. My superficial impression of you is that you don't have the same kind of strong detachment and distancing from the world 5s do.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
@Reginer I agree with tanstaafl that ultimately your self-typing is your call, but if you are open to some observations...

I do think you strike me more as a 6 or even a 9 than a 5. Any type in the Attachment triad. My superficial impression of you is that you don't have the same kind of strong detachment and distancing from the world 5s do.
I can see an argument being made for 9, since I am definitely avoidant when the situation goes bad or if there is a conflict or at least it can be argued to be one of my fixes besides 1. Anyways as for withdrawn stuff, that is usually what people accuse me of. I generally don't involve myself in most of the activities of the world, rather just observe them from distance.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm not afraid of much (or at least that's what I tell myself). I was in the Navy, so I was trained to just run on "automatic" in a crisis and do what I was trained to do (I'll fall apart afterwards whenever the adrenaline wears off).
As a 5w6 8w7 4w5 So/Sx ENTP, I tend to be pretty bold for a 5. I'm also not always a hermit. I like being out and about, but I also find it hard to be around larger crowds. Too much stimulation.
That's probably due to you being ENTP and having 8 as 2nd fix. As for telling myself, I am not afraid or so, I can relate to that but that doesn't really mean you aren't afraid of stuff. I generally do too much of that hermit thing.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Anyways here are questionnaires which I had tried. In one of the threads I got typed as 5w6 and 531 tritype.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Well, part of your '5' description also applies to 6's, so I'm guessing you're a 6w5. Please take this with a solar mass of salt; it's likely not very meaningful.

Reactions: Reginer

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
One more thing, I would like to know. Are 6s usually security and stability focused on everything they want to do? I generally don't care about those things, in fact I have taken some calculated risks. Except for maybe betrayal, however that is only for human relationship.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts