Personality Cafe banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and gals! :)

So, lately I've been getting really frustrated with myself because I can't decide whether or not I'm introverted or extroverted. Even a few times, I score 50%-50% but I can't be two personality types. ;_; But types sound a LOT like me, but I just don't know...

My introverted side:
-I'm a shy and awkward at first
-I get worn out after hanging out with people
-I'd rather spend a night at home than go out and party
-I'm quiet around people I don't know
-I spend my time thinking a LOT
-I am a very good writer
-I write my emotions better than speaking
-I find it difficult to share my emotions such as sadness or embarrassment
-If I'm hurt by somebody I hide it

My extroverted side:
-I'm very outgoing and loud
-I feel comfortable being in the spotlight
-I talk more than listen (sometimes it depends who the person is though I guess...if they don't really listen to me)
-I'm very confident
-I stand out and I'm not afraid
-I'm very expressive
-I'm very LOL charming and charismatic
-I make friends easily
-I share my opinions openly

·
Registered
133 Posts
You know, when I've been in doubt about my dichotomy, it seems to help watch videos that explain the difference. They aren't always "right on", but if you watch enough of them, you'll see a pattern...and that pattern, helps define how you are. It's good to know the cognitive functions too.

ENFP vs INFP (And there's a lot of these kind of videos on youtube)

The Dominant and auxiliary descriptions
Understanding the Myers Briggs Type Indicator: The 8 Cognitive Functions

Oh, then there's this girl that explains them. But her personality is so distracting to me (attractive), I'm not sure.

Hope that helped

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
^ Ugh...that guy's videos are horrible - and not cuz of his personality. He's just so condescending when he talks about INFPs (we get it, we get it - he doesn't like INFPs). And he's talking about Socionics also (which defines the functions differently).... INFPs have a the demeanor of someone who has it together & is confident? Huh?! INFPs are straightforward with romantic feelings? What?! I feel like he's never even met an INFP.

I don't "not stand" ESTPs also. There's a meathead variety I don't like, but I've casually dated a few. I was business partners briefly with one, and I liked her until she screwed me over (butt heads over ethical matters). I generally get along with Se-dom actually. I like ESFPs better though. They can wear me out, but that's true of nearly every extrovert. Ne-dom can get tiresome to me also.

I have a much, much more antagonistic dynamic with ESTJs.... My arch nemeses in life have been ESTJs.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
On the upside, the E/I split is one that can happen frequently, since being E or I really just switches around the functions (instead of changing them altogether).

By that I mean ENFP uses Ne, Fi, Te, Si while INFP uses Fi, Ne, Si, Te (in order of descending strength).

What I've gathered from this theoretically (though I need more data) is that ENFPs have a harder time making decisions and tend to be less judgmental (because Fi is a judging function). My ENFP friend would tolerate people who were total jerkasses to her while I am very, very picky with my friendships. ENFPs are more prone to getting sick or neglecting to take care of themselves (Si gives awareness about how you physically feel). Also INFPs are theoretically more likely to be health food nuts because of Si. ENFPs probably have slightly tidier rooms than INFPs because of Te (at least my ENFP friend did. Slightly. And she was definitely more organized).

Statistically, ENFPs are more common. On the internet, though, I'm not sure.

You seem to lean toward INFP (at least you seem to prefer it), however, it is quite possible to be in between. Personality is never a hard and fast thing.

·
Registered
133 Posts
@OrangeAppled I know! ...lol I know. That guy, you can't take what he says seriously. He's like a stand up comedian mocking your height/weight/gender or race! He still makes me laugh because he doesn't understand. However, then he throws just enough insight in that nails us down to a "T" (and not a Ti or Te either). lol ...yes, pun intended. I don't know. I don't care. I don't take it personally, perhaps it's because I've been raised by my ENTIRE family that thinks as he does. Now, it just makes me smile and "Geezsh, you don't really get a clue, do you". :p But, he still has a shallow understanding of the base traits of an INFP and ENFP, and this is easy to pick up on.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I've had a hard time figuring out which one I am too, and I've come to the conclusion that I'm a shy ENFP. I love being around people I know well, but around people I don't know, I clam up. I want to be involved in conversation, but something holds me back. I can spend time alone without getting completely bored, but only if I have something to do. I'd rather get out of the house and do stuff with friends.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD

1 - 7 of 7 Posts