Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The Social Contract as an ENTP

When I look back, it has almost been like a dream.

Deep inside of me, I have somehow always clinged to the idea that "normal" material laws do no apply to me. Like an invisible armor that protects me from the mundaine aspects of life. I have always been the meta-physicist who didnt care about the material realm. Financial health, maintaning relationships, building a coherent career path...what is that?!

Odly enough, I hate being material-deprived even in the slightest.

How can I even cheat myself into believing that I deserve something without even producing anything worthy in return? I do not know anyone as unresponsible as me at work. Literally, if something does not interest me, I just cannot do it. However, I still think I deserve the stuff I want. A comfortable and warm house, good relationships, good food etc.

Internally, I can ethically justify the currently unbalanced trade between me and society by envisioning my future feats and great acomplishments.

Now as a young adult, shit has alredy hit the fan more than twice, and find myself more concerned asking the why-question about my "blindness" rather than with the actual problems.

On the other hand side, I do not think of myself as an escapist. I am able to be brave and buthead problems, it is just that sometimes I am oblivious to "normal-life" problems apparently.

As as sign of frustration -I believe-, sometimes while dealing with shitty problems often engage in the fantasy of being born in a rich family, where ordinary needs and obligations are secondary.

Here comes the important part, the social contract:

I do not pretend to live this life avoiding responsabilities and behaving like a parasite ad infinitum, I do believe in social contract. But on my own terms.

I just believe I have a personality that develops slower than the majority, and I do demand from society the patience and resources to support me during that time. I do genuinly wish contributing with my ideas and inventions to human-kind, but mundane responsabilities are often too much draining and block my progress.

How can someone develop to its best potential while being attached to a job in order to cover basic needs? I know so many people would judge me and think of me as completely unresponsible and childish behavior. But you know what? I seriously think that ENTPs should be granted special goverment programs or something...After all, we are seriously Si handycapped.

Fellow ENTPs, am I just trying to disguise escapism as "blindness"? I would appreciate different points of view.

Cheers

·
Registered
7,033 Posts
Fellow ENTPs, am I just trying to disguise escapism as "blindness"?
Some people try to bring new solutions to the table to escape bullshit jobs ; some people try to find themselves a bullshit job to escape how many issues they bring to the table.

Everyone has something they want to escape, but who's escaping their duty? Who's being irresponsible?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Fellow ENTPs, am I just trying to disguise escapism as "blindness"? I would appreciate different points of view.
Well, if blindness = escapism, then yes, calling it by a different word doesn't change its meaning.

It seems to me that you are actively disengaging yourself from your work.

If you are being paid to do that work and you are not doing it, then you are breaking that agreement.

Also you need to be aware that although we didn't ask to be born into this world, adaptation or rejection of your surroundings is still your responsibility; whatever choice you make comes with consequences in your environment.

·
Banned
4,281 Posts
Use other people to put items into perspective that you can appreciate.

Have some kids. Get a gal (or guy). Prop your life up with other people.

Use them as a drive. They will care about the items you do not.

You will only be as good as the people you surround yourself with.

You know what you need to do. So do it. Or live in a hovel and have nothing.
I feel the same way as you do (less the self entitled bit), I use other people
to fill in my blind spots. It means you have to maintain those people
though. That is tough. Tougher than a job I can surmise.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts