Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always either test as an INFP, sometimes INFJ or rarely INTP. I can identify with all three. What's up with my high Ni? I read that Ni-Fi is not a healthy state to be in...

·
MOTM August 2012
3,467 Posts
Well maybe the definitions of those functions that the test is measuring are off, for starters. But assuming they're at least sort of right, strong Ni+Low Se would put you in the INFJ camp.

I suspect Fi and Fe are probably being mixed up for one another (or perhaps as an introvert you think you are more Fi than you really are).

·
Registered
874 Posts
@MelaineM

Your cog. functions look like you're an INFJ.

Don't be surprised by strong Fi/Fe. Introverted feelers seem to be quite developed in both since we spend a lot of time reflecting on them.

Your enneagram would also make me think INFJ, since I believe xNFJs to be 6s more often than INFPs, who tend to be 4, 5, or 9.

Only you really know, however.

·
Banned
2,458 Posts
I always either test as an INFP, sometimes INFJ or rarely INTP. I can identify with all three. What's up with my high Ni? I read that Ni-Fi is not a healthy state to be in...
This thread. How type 6 of you ;p

@MelanieM , if you disclose a little about the way you see the world / think / make decisions or even better fill out the what's my type questionnaire with those 3 things in mind we could help you figure out which cognitive functions you prefer using / are most comfortable with.

(What you read is referring to Ni-Fi cognitive loops. Any type of cognitive loops are unhealthy but you'd know you're unhealthy if you were stuck in one)

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm the type 6 poster child

Your Cognitive Functions:
Introverted Intuition (Ni) ||||||||||||||||||||||||| 11.945
Introverted Feeling (Fi) ||||||||||||||||||| 8.85
Extroverted Feeling (Fe) ||||||||||||||||| 7.61
Introverted Sensation (Si) |||||||||||| 5.47
Extroverted Intuition (Ne) |||||||||| 4.245
Introverted Thinking (Ti) |||||||| 3.45
Extroverted Thinking (Te) |||||| 2.24
Extroverted Sensation (Se) || -1.43

Your Introverted Intuition (Ni) is very developed.
Your Extroverted Intuition (Ne) is moderate.
Your Introverted Sensation (Si) is moderate.
Your Introverted Thinking (Ti) is moderate.
Your Extroverted Thinking (Te) is moderate.
Your Extroverted Feeling (Fe) is moderate.
Your Introverted Feeling (Fi) is moderate.
Your Extroverted Sensation (Se) is poorly developed.

Here were my results, I deleted them from my sig bc my husband took the quiz and his was so far off base it was hilarious. I ttook the cog quiz on the website under the spilled beeker. I do have really bad Se, it was the Ni that surprised me.

·
Banned
2,198 Posts
Well, since your Ni result is the highest with Se being the lowest, I'd say you're most probably an INFJ. Don't get too attached to tests, though (I was. Not a good idea); observe yourself and try to discover how you think and feel.

Reactions: Yomotsu Risouka

·
Registered
444 Posts
observe yourself and try to discover how you think and feel.
This really is the most important thing.

Online tests can really only make unnecessarily vague descriptions of behaviors and allow you to judge them. The answers you give are highly subjective, and it'd be inaccurate even if they weren't.

Only through examining your own thoughts and feelings can you really determine which functions are at work.

·
Registered
874 Posts
I'm the type 6 poster child

Your Cognitive Functions:
Introverted Intuition (Ni) ||||||||||||||||||||||||| 11.945
Introverted Feeling (Fi) ||||||||||||||||||| 8.85
Extroverted Feeling (Fe) ||||||||||||||||| 7.61
Introverted Sensation (Si) |||||||||||| 5.47
Extroverted Intuition (Ne) |||||||||| 4.245
Introverted Thinking (Ti) |||||||| 3.45
Extroverted Thinking (Te) |||||| 2.24
Extroverted Sensation (Se) || -1.43

Your Introverted Intuition (Ni) is very developed.
Your Extroverted Intuition (Ne) is moderate.
Your Introverted Sensation (Si) is moderate.
Your Introverted Thinking (Ti) is moderate.
Your Extroverted Thinking (Te) is moderate.
Your Extroverted Feeling (Fe) is moderate.
Your Introverted Feeling (Fi) is moderate.
Your Extroverted Sensation (Se) is poorly developed.

Here were my results, I deleted them from my sig bc my husband took the quiz and his was so far off base it was hilarious. I ttook the cog quiz on the website under the spilled beeker. I do have really bad Se, it was the Ni that surprised me.
I just think your Ne is far too low to be INFP.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I think Fi+Ne can look like Ni sometimes, so this could explain the test results.

Or maybe you are just a socionics INFp...what do you guys think?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts