Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm confused.

I thought that perhaps I'm a Type 4 with a 5 wing, but reading the thread about Type 4 and it's wings, I'm starting to think that maybe I have a 3 wing. I said this because despite my tendencies to look withdrawn from people in the real world, I can also be quite social once I get to know these people. I read that the type 4's with the 5 wing are VERY withdrawn, but I am not hard to get to know of; When people ask me anything about me, I give them all the information and more about me without hesitation. I'm very open. I like to talk to people, both online and offline... I just need some time for myself, you know? I like to catch up with people... I like to be connected with people emotionally and mentally. I'm very sensitive to others needs. However, I like to be casual and fun with others and make everyone laugh. I like to explore the unknown... Whenever I walk out, I would walk around and discover new places, bonus points if with another friend by my side. :tongue:

What do you guys think? :mellow:

·
Registered
437 Posts
that sounds like a 3 wing to me, cause i'm hard to get to know and i'm a 5 wing.
i don't like meeting new people and i'm impossible to really get to know, there are exceptions however but they're rare.
i like to go places and talk to people , as long as they initiate the conversation and as long as i don't have to reveal much about myself.
in conversations i usually redirect question back to them to get to know them instead of them getting to know me.
then... months after having consistent conversation, i'll start revealing if i trust them enough.
if that helps

4,757 Posts
I find that interesting because based on your description and what is assumed to be the basic difference between 4w3 and 4w5, I would have to be a 4w3.

I've thought about this - and maybe I'm wrong - but I think I'm a 4w5 based on the idea that I think that I'm fundamentally unknowable. It's interesting because, like you, I think I'm really open - I talk and talk and talk to try and understand myself and to get others to understand me. The problem is that no matter how much I try, I can never get there. There's something almost inherently inexpressible about myself.

I'm not sure that's at the heart of being a 4w5 compare to being a 4w3, but it certainly resonates the most with me

Reactions: MrAdder

·
Registered
716 Posts
I'm 4w5. I really, really, really want people to know me, but I can't open up enough. And when I do (rarely), people don't understand what I'm trying to tell them. Not even my type 4 ENFP friend (I'm INFP) understands or knows me. No one on these forums do. Heck, even I don't :sad:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Im a 4 wing 5 I think . Ive read about 5s and can sometimes relate more so Id be a 5 wing 4. Other times I test as a 6 though not convinced of that, Maybe Im a 9 they can have trouble by relating to all the types. 4 wing 5 social variant seems to fit best at moment and most of the tests i do indicate type4.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It's interesting because, like you, I think I'm really open - I talk and talk and talk to try and understand myself and to get others to understand me. The problem is that no matter how much I try, I can never get there. There's something almost inherently inexpressible about myself.
You just summarized in two short sentences by far my biggest challenge when it comes to socializing and connecting with others! o_O I can talk til I'm blue in the face :mellow:, but for some reason, I can never REALLY express the real me. I have yet to figure out a way to really "show" myself to the people I care about and it frustrates the hell out of me b/c I WANT to express myself. Ugh! :dry:

I'm a type 4 with 5 wing (4w5)...

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm confused.

I thought that perhaps I'm a Type 4 with a 5 wing, but reading the thread about Type 4 and it's wings, I'm starting to think that maybe I have a 3 wing. I said this because despite my tendencies to look withdrawn from people in the real world, I can also be quite social once I get to know these people. I read that the type 4's with the 5 wing are VERY withdrawn, but I am not hard to get to know of; When people ask me anything about me, I give them all the information and more about me without hesitation. I'm very open. I like to talk to people, both online and offline... I just need some time for myself, you know? I like to catch up with people... I like to be connected with people emotionally and mentally. I'm very sensitive to others needs. However, I like to be casual and fun with others and make everyone laugh. I like to explore the unknown... Whenever I walk out, I would walk around and discover new places, bonus points if with another friend by my side. :tongue:

What do you guys think? :mellow:
I can very well relate to what you say, and this is why I am still uncertain regarding my wing.
I remember having read (can't remember where though) that the type is more like a "sector" than a "point", so you can find yourself at any point of the sector, being closer to one of the wings or closer to the middle; so actually you can oscillate, maybe in different times of your life or in different occasions.
Regarding myself, I find traits of both wings, I like to talk about myself, I am extremely attentive to the way I appear (physically too) to the external world and enjoy social interactions if I am in a confortable environment; in the same time I am quite withdrawn, meeting new people is always tiring for me, with a lot of anxieties etc., I am extremely confortable by myself or with the very few people I know well and that know me well, social interactions are never very easy or spontaneous for me, even though once I start and the atmosphere is fine I enjoy them.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I've thought about this - and maybe I'm wrong - but I think I'm a 4w5 based on the idea that I think that I'm fundamentally unknowable. It's interesting because, like you, I think I'm really open - I talk and talk and talk to try and understand myself and to get others to understand me. The problem is that no matter how much I try, I can never get there. There's something almost inherently inexpressible about myself.
Don't we all believe that we are ineffable at our core? The type 4 is just more intimate with this concept, however there is nothing about the 5 or 3 that indicates that they are inclined to be more self aware than the other; the 5 is disconnected, while the 3 is striving away from their current state. The only types that would seem more prone to wrestle with this concept would be the 6 and 9, which are too remote from the 4, if you believe that the order of the types is sacred.

Maybe we put too much emphasis on this wing theory; you could write a profile for every combination and make it believable. type 4w8 is passionate about their inner values and emotions and seeks to assert them in their immediate environment, type 4w2 uses their understanding of people's inner world to aid them in an tremendously intuitive way...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts