Personality Cafe banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a very dark sense of humor... it scares me at times. Like something sad will make me laugh sometimes, and I like to lightly tease a lot and sometimes it goes too far.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Schadenfreude! =D
It makes you feel stronger plus it releases oxytocin.... that kinda explains it.

Well nice people can be powerful, if they aren't pushovers.

·
Registered
174 Posts
In my opinion, you're AtheistGuy. You're you:happy:

·
Banned
5,026 Posts
This is abnormal how???

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have a very dark sense of humor... it scares me at times. Like something sad will make me laugh sometimes, and I like to lightly tease a lot and sometimes it goes too far.
your very normal... whatever that is :tongue:

im the same way.. some days i think how easy it would be to.... :: looks off into the distance::
i do some consulting for a government agency and they always tell me how their glad im on "their side" lol
i scare myself sometimes too.. i just laugh it off, we infj's aren't as "pure" as we're made out to be..
mwahahahahahahaha

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
I actually find this pretty funny, heh heh heh

This is abnormal how???
for feelers our feeling function tells us it is wrong to laugh as stuff like death, people getting hurt or dismembered or falling into a misfortune of some kind, or sad things - it just doesn't feel right

·
Registered
59 Posts
My guess is that you laugh because you want to cry, but you are reluctant to cry because you are a man (I believe you kind of said or implied that on another post). So laughing can be an alternative form of emotional release. So, no, I don't think you are abnormal, just suppressing your true feelings. And you'd be better off if you learned to express them and not suppress them.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
My guess is that you laugh because you want to cry, but you are reluctant to cry because you are a man (I believe you kind of said or implied that on another post). So laughing can be an alternative form of emotional release. So, no, I don't think you are abnormal, just suppressing your true feelings. And you'd be better off if you learned to express them and not suppress them.
To think I underestimated the INFJs. Well put. The dark sense of humor is a preference though, just don't take it too seriously and you'll be fine.

·
Banned
5,026 Posts
for feelers our feeling function tells us it is wrong to laugh as stuff like death, people getting hurt or dismembered or falling into a misfortune of some kind, or sad things - it just doesn't feel right
"Wrong" doesn't equal abnormal.

Really, there is a difference between laughing at something, and feeling glad it happened. Laughter can be a "no really, it's ok" thing, so at base it is a recognition of the unpleasantness as much as tears/quiet/etc. are. Kind of a self-comfort self-protection thing. And so far as I have observed, it's pretty common.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I do think that I might be doing to feel stronger. I'll start expressing emotions from the Fe and not trying to look better.

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
"Wrong" doesn't equal abnormal.

Really, there is a difference between laughing at something, and feeling glad it happened. Laughter can be a "no really, it's ok" thing, so at base it is a recognition of the unpleasantness as much as tears/quiet/etc. are. Kind of a self-comfort self-protection thing. And so far as I have observed, it's pretty common.
Fe is actually a function that pings what is normal by external moral standards. Anything deemed abnormal by these standards simply feels wrong to the Fe bearer. And by external standards humor is usually associated with being in a good mood, so then there arises a dissonance - how can you experience joy upon hearing something sad? Of course if one stops and analyzes what humor really is and why people have ability to laugh in the first place it becomes clear that laughing does not mean that you are in a happy, joyful mood at all.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
To society its called abnormal.

Everyone has dark humor in their own way.

·
Banned
5,026 Posts
Fe is actually a function that pings what is normal by external moral standards. Anything deemed abnormal by these standards simply feels wrong to the Fe bearer. And by external standards humor is usually associated with being in a good mood, so then there arises a dissonance - how can you experience joy upon hearing something sad? Of course if one stops and analyzes what humor really is and why people have ability to laugh in the first place it becomes clear that laughing does not mean that you are in a happy, joyful mood at all.
Hm. I guess I was using more Te to define normal. Because statistically-speaking, it's pretty damn normal.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I'm not racist but I make (lightly) racist jokes

I feel that humor sometimes doesn't need boundaries

But then again, I'm probably worse off brain-wise than you are :/

1 - 17 of 17 Posts