Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
ѕιr вυѕтer n&#96
7,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I might actually be an INFJ who extroverts themselves to an unhealthy point and becomes muddled up with things and can't think clearly.

The main reason I think this is because my best inspiration and moments of connectivity come from the quietness of my unconscious mind.

It's kinda like Ni makes the observations and calculates them behind the scenes, then I come up with the answer and backtrack it show the process behind it and how it makes sense. Or the subtle clues/riddles lead me to the end product.

When I extrovert too much, I become scattered and confused. It's like I have lost my composure and guidance from being out in the world too long. Like the sand covering up the tracks and burying the trail of things.

I am a very visual person. I can visualize how things were and will be in a decent way when I focus. I have these little hints somewhere that I expand into a picture. Everything connects instantly, especially when I am writing. It all melds together into a big landscape.

I dream a lot and these dreams seem to be connected into the real world and have a lot of inspiration for my writing. Some things just happen after I think of them and fine tune the idea.

I could be even more sensitive to time, although I can have a decent grasp of it when I have to. I try my best to not be late. Early even. Plan events before they happen.

Am I just unhealty? Does anyone relate? Am I really virtually losing my marbles or what?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
193 Posts
I can't say one way or another, as I'm not all that well versed in type (I thought I was after running with the pros for a while; see 'Dunning-Kruger Effect') nor do I know you - but what I can say for sure is that the human psyche is incredibly fluid. It's all a bit of a balancing act. Push one way too hard and the opposite pushes back harder.

So long as you're mentally healthy, I wouldn't worry too much. Just be you.

[EDIT] Also, love the user name.

:>

·
Registered
235 Posts
Most ENFJ's I know need a little quiet reflection to be their best selves and can run themselves ragged. That said,my sister is an ENFJ, and she needs much less alone time than I do and she really cares much more than I do about how she comes across. Not to say that I'm prickly (people tell me I'm "warm," at least my exterior,) but she really would never dream of causing discomfort to someone else in a social situation whereas I will call people out if I have to. How prominent is your Fe? That would be the kicker in deciding between INFJ and ENFJ. An analysis of your cognitive function stack would probably be the best way to clarify your type.

·
ѕιr вυѕтer n&#96
7,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can't say one way or another, as I'm not all that well versed in type (I thought I was after running with the pros for a while; see 'Dunning-Kruger Effect') nor do I know you - but what I can say for sure is that the human psyche is incredibly fluid. It's all a bit of a balancing act. Push one way too hard and the opposite pushes back harder.

So long as you're mentally healthy, I wouldn't worry too much. Just be you.

[EDIT] Also, love the user name.

:>
Yeah, I guess you are definitely right in a sense. I enjoy vegging out (chilling out, watching TV, eating and doing nothing) but when I do it too much, everything becomes numb and my brain freezes. I am aimless. Everything becomes a panic in some extreme cases of being "trapped in the present moment", which is weird.

Eventually, I bring myself back to some sort of calmness by allowing my mind and thoughts to take back over and keep me occupied and focused on whatever it is that I need to solve/find answers for. If that makes sense?

Balance is important. Definitely. Without balance, you end up like some sort of drunk junkie running around life with nothing to live for. Or be a part of. Existing is as bad as death in some cases. When you are waiting for the clock to tick time away and bring your soul to another dimension. Life becomes a waiting room when you have nothing to live for. It sucks.

And thanks. I'm glad that you like my username. I like yours too. Makes me think of AI (in a strange way).

Most ENFJ's I know need a little quiet reflection to be their best selves and can run themselves ragged. That said,my sister is an ENFJ, and she needs much less alone time than I do and she really cares much more than I do about how she comes across. Not to say that I'm prickly (people tell me I'm "warm," at least my exterior,) but she really would never dream of causing discomfort to someone else in a social situation whereas I will call people out if I have to. How prominent is your Fe? That would be the kicker in deciding between INFJ and ENFJ. An analysis of your cognitive function stack would probably be the best way to clarify your type.
To be honest, I think your description of how you use Fe sounds more like how I use it. Again, it could be because of my enneagram type (which I am sure is either 478 or 458 sx/so in some ordet) making me come across as more of an introvert and thinker than I really "should" be according to the type theory.

And by analysis, do you mean one of those Dario Nardi function tests that a five-year old could doctor to get the results they want, or something more reliable to analyse functions? (Sorry, I have done these "function analysis tests" so many times that I know how to doctor them to get whatever result).

I know someone who came up with a simple system of scoring each person by functions based on 8-10 answers for each (e.g. if they scored high on Fe, Ni, Se and Te they would be an ENFJ on that system). It was like a more reliable version of K2G tests with more specific answers towards the functions and less generalisations, if you get me?

Unfortunately, I don't have the system on me but I don't do K2G if that's what you mean as a tool for analysis.

·
ѕιr вυѕтer n&#96
7,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You wanna know a funny story?

I pretty much picked my name before I realised it was a Jamiroquai song and every time I see my name, I think of the song.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Hmmm, I guess I wasn't thinking of any test. I think behavioral observation is typically accurate enough when it comes to clarifying the functions if you are familiar enough with them and their workings, at least to the point where you can rule some out and riddle out your best fit type. Since INFJ and ENFJ share the same functions in a different order, this is trickier, but we will be different enough to tell apart. The INFJ stack goes Ni, Fe, Ti, Se, and the ENFJ stack goes Fe, Ni, Se, Ti. You probably know all that already.

Typing can be hardest to do on yourself. Stereotypes are sometimes a decent place to start. Are you a good writer? ENFJ. Are you an above average writer almost without trying? INFJ. (Combine great writing with much poorer verbal communication skills and you've almost certainly got an INFJ.) Trip over your own feet all the time? INFJ. Only some of the time? ENFJ. ENFJ's are sunnier, INFJ's moodier. Interested and open to information? ENFJ. Devour information? INFJ. ENFJ's go a little stir crazy with too much alone time, and INFJ's have to meet a threshold to even function. In general, INFJ's are quirkier. Of course, socialization and individuality play a huge part in type expression, and we aren't all alike, but if we share cognitive functions, our preferences likely will create some similarities. If the functions fit, wear them! :)

·
Registered
193 Posts
You wanna know a funny story?

I pretty much picked my name before I realised it was a Jamiroquai song and every time I see my name, I think of the song.
I saw that you were Generation Z and therefore assumed that it may have been a tad before your time. Even I was pretty young back then.

*checks*

August 1996. Holy shit, yeah - I was just over a month away from my 11th birthday, ha!

·
ѕιr вυѕтer n&#96
7,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmmm, I guess I wasn't thinking of any test. I think behavioral observation is typically accurate enough when it comes to clarifying the functions if you are familiar enough with them and their workings, at least to the point where you can rule some out and riddle out your best fit type. Since INFJ and ENFJ share the same functions in a different order, this is trickier, but we will be different enough to tell apart. The INFJ stack goes Ni, Fe, Ti, Se, and the ENFJ stack goes Fe, Ni, Se, Ti. You probably know all that already.

Typing can be hardest to do on yourself. Stereotypes are sometimes a decent place to start. Are you a good writer? ENFJ. Are you an above average writer almost without trying? INFJ. (Combine great writing with much poorer verbal communication skills and you've almost certainly got an INFJ.) Trip over your own feet all the time? INFJ. Only some of the time? ENFJ. ENFJ's are sunnier, INFJ's moodier. Interested and open to information? ENFJ. Devour information? INFJ. ENFJ's go a little stir crazy with too much alone time, and INFJ's have to meet a threshold to even function. In general, INFJ's are quirkier. Of course, socialization and individuality play a huge part in type expression, and we aren't all alike, but if we share cognitive functions, our preferences likely will create some similarities. If the functions fit, wear them! :)
Going by those stereotypes, I am almost certainly an INFJ, but I don't always agree with using behaviour to type people. You get some batshit crazy, intuitive seeming people who are actually ESFJ and some insanely normal people who seem practical and turn out to be INTJ or something.

I agree with you on the functions. If they do fit, wear them. Functions are like Cinderella's shoe. Not all of them will fit and in that exact order sometimes, though they will generally give you a "best fit" type that can be rounded off to X MBTI type.

It's a pity that you can't make your official type xNFJ here :/

I saw that you were Generation Z and therefore assumed that it may have been a tad before your time. Even I was pretty young back then.

*checks*

August 1996. Holy shit, yeah - I was just over a month away from my 11th birthday, ha!
Yeah, I was young.

Like sucking my...

... thumb and drinking milk young. And not able to understand words young.

The 90s and early 00s was a good time for music but not as good as the 70s and 80s. Even the late 60s tbh.

Nowadays most mainstream music is just profitable noise and you have to go into the dark depths of YouTube to find anything listenable :/

1 - 9 of 9 Posts