Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
INTJ - ILI - 8w9 - Grunt
22,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh gods, this is driving me nuts!

I test equally at 5 and 9 usually (I relate to 9 the best) and I have been thinking about it all as a mother....but it dawned on me to take the mother aspect away and try and figure my enneagram outside of that factor.

So I redid it....and got 5, 9 and 8 equally but came up with a surprising 8 as the main one....I still identify mostly with 9 but I recognise that I can be part dragon if stood on....so....here are my scores.....help please?

type score type behavior motivation
5 20 I must be knowledgable and independent to be happy.
8 20 I must be strong and in control to be happy.
9 20 I must maintian a peaceful and easygoing environment to be happy.
1 18 I must be perfect and good to be happy.
6 15 I must be secure and safe to be happy.
7 14 I must be high and entertained to be happy.
2 13 I must be helpful and caring to be happy.
3 9 I must be impressive and attractive to be happy.
4 3 I must be true to my emotions to be happy.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Reactions: beth x

·
Administrator
INTJ - ILI - 8w9 - Grunt
22,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what does that mean ?:confused:
Hah!

I do just about everything to control my own emotions which coincides with peace. I am very calm.....but as soon as someone impinges on what I see are my rights I have been known to unleash unmitigated fury.

For example....I was dancing once at a night club and there were 4-5 really bogan type girls who thought it would be funny to push me around in their formed circle from one to another......I put up with it for perhaps three pushes....the last one.....I turned around and punched her several times in the face and stood there and glared her and her friends down while they called the bouncers over. The bouncer came over. I was back to calm and explain what happened. The girls threatened to take it outside so I calmly went to the door and elaborately gestured at the door.....they never came and they never came near me again.

a few points that indicate the 9?

-I can be detached but I am not detached
-I am socialable and have kept friends for a long time and do have difficulty letting them go (like a 9).
-I can be a doormat for a limited time.
-I do unhealthy lazy 9 nine things for short spurts such as disappearing into land of lazy.
-I am told that I have a soothing effect on people.
-I am not passive but I have sacrificed myself and my goals in the past for the better good.

I am thinking that maybe a 9 still....a 9w dragon:tongue:

·
Administrator
INTJ - ILI - 8w9 - Grunt
22,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually....after reading the 9w8 I think it fits better. Thanks for the link babblingbrook.

It just seems weirdarsed that an INTJ is a 9....I have only come across 1 other.

·
Premium Member
6,856 Posts
I'm gonna go with 9w8. In the example, you only reacted out of necessity. Someone who leans more towards an 8 as their main personality would probably have taken on the bouncers, too. But I think the reaction you gave definitely hints at 8 tendencies.

Reactions: Sunn and beth x

·
Registered
871 Posts
5's are distant
8's have a powerful presence
9's are laid-back and relaxing

Sounds like 9w8 to me. I'm curious to know what you'd do in less antagonistic situations though. I think 9's have difficulty stirring things up without good reason, whereas 5's would stir things up just for the truth, and 8's... aren't usually the type people are inclined to push around. Though I only know one 8 in particular, and he's a big guy too.

·
Administrator
INTJ - ILI - 8w9 - Grunt
22,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Never will you catch me shouting at people out of frustration or from my own inner turmoil unless they draw first blood.

I don't look for trouble and find it upsetting when it lands on my doorstep. My home is a sanctuary for peace and people are welcome there unless they cause me to be upset. If someone shouts at me there it's not unlike me to tell them to GTFO. I defend my ideology for peace with a baseball bat so to speak:wink:

I am usually friendly and accommodating.
Friends say that I put them at ease and have a presence of calmness. I have often been the support who people call for when they are near suicidal. For some reason these people find me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts