Personality Cafe banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I'm an ENFP, but I'm just making sure.

• I know that I'm extraverted. I do nothing but talk to people and surround myself with people all day long. In fact, I hate to be by myself.
  • I'm sure that I'm intuitive. In fact my mind goes into an imaginary state whenever I have time alone or not doing anything. This is good and bad; when I imagine good things, my mind will just wonder all day and I'll think of creative ideas, theories, and you name it. However, when I imagine bad things, my mind will think of all of these horrible things that can happen, and it sometimes leads to anxiety attacks.
  • I'm quite the feeling person as well. I can literally feel other people's emotions in an almost psychic way, and I really don't like to hurt people.
  • I'm obsessed with people and how they work. I absolutely love psychology. I have actually considered a career in psychology because I can practically read people like books. I have also considered a career as a nurse as well as marketing (due to my extremely good people skills).
  • I also enjoy helping people as well and am quite sensitive.
  • I have a reputation for being very entertaining and would be a good actor/comedian.
Here's where my question is though, am I a J or a P?

• I am very disorganized. I organized nothing, and anytime someone tries to organize something, it pisses me off.
  • I do plan some activities with friends though, and am very punctual and always on time when I say that I will meet them.
  • I'll take some risks, but I don't really like to. I'd rather stay safe.
  • I am a hedonistic person. I love pleasure seeking.
  • Sometimes I like to try new things and sometimes I like to stick with the same old thing; it depends.
  • I am not that committed in a relationship. I hate the feeling of being tied down to one person. I always want to get with more and more women.
  • I don't like the feeling of being tied down or obligated, and I hate rules.
So do you a guys think I'm an ENFP or ENFJ? Personally, I think I'm an ENFP.

Reactions: SarahSams and Grey

·
MOTM Nov 2009
4,132 Posts
If you're not wondering about the other dynamics and just want a short answer, I would say ENFP. I would recommend, however, that you not base being J or P on organization or doing old things v. new things. Those are not good indicators of the J and P spectrum. Another thing that may help you to decide is a functional approach, as ENFJs and ENFPs naturally use different functions.

·
Premium Member
10,519 Posts
I'm going to have to go for ENFP since I can relate to many of the things you listed.

Reactions: Grey

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How do you feel about deciding things?
That's wierd. I sometimes plan things, but in an abstract way. I'll have a general idea of what I'm going to do, but not an exact one. For example, when I hang out with friends, I'll have a couple options in mind of what I'm going to do, but just kind of wing it and just let things happen. I am not the kind of guy that says, "At 1:00pm I'll go surfing. At 2:00 I'll eat a meal. At 3:00 I'll meet my friends, etc. I just kind of see what happens and adapt to it. If I meet a person, I'll tell them a general time to show up, and if they are just a little late, I'll understand. However, if they show up like an hour or two late, it will infuriate me.

Also with some decision making, I try to plan things out, but it doesn't work so well, because when I take the time to think about things, one thought leads to another which leads to another, and then I get nothing accomplished because I'll spend all day thinking. So instead I just do things without really thinking about them, so that my mind doesn't go all philosophical on me and I don't lose all track of time. It's quite hard to explain.

Does this help you guys to understand me?

·
Registered
442 Posts
Here's where my question is though, am I a J or a P?

• I am very disorganized. I organized nothing, and anytime someone tries to organize something, it pisses me off.
  • I am a hedonistic person. I love pleasure seeking.
  • I am not that committed in a relationship. I hate the feeling of being tied down to one person. I always want to get with more and more women.
  • I don't like the feeling of being tied down or obligated, and I hate rules.
So do you a guys think I'm an ENFP or ENFJ? Personally, I think I'm an ENFP.
The points above place you firmly into ENFP territory, from my experience.

·
Registered
188 Posts
you seem above all enneagram 7. i'm going with ENFP. but ENFJs can be E7 and then they score borderline on P/J because 7 is very P. Better look into functions. Fi vs. Fe, and Ne vs. Ni.

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
you seem above all enneagram 7. i'm going with ENFP. but ENFJs can be E7 and then they score borderline on P/J because 7 is very P. Better look into functions. Fi vs. Fe, and Ne vs. Ni.
I'm a 3 with a wing of 7.

Reactions: Grey

·
MOTM Nov 2009
4,132 Posts
Do you subscribe to a specific theory of the Enneagram? Most theories don't allow for a wing other than the two types bordering your own.

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, I'm seem to be enfp. A couple more facts about me are...

• I hate doing the same thing, everyday. I like to try different things, and meet new people.
  • I am a very physical person.
  • I am a very sexual person
  • It's very difficult for me to finish a project to completion. I will start the project when I say that I'm going to start it, but almost never finish it. I'll almost always find something else to preocuppy myself with. It takes extreme effort on my part to complete a project.
  • I have horrible anxiety, and not that high of a self esteem.
  • My anxiety often keeps me from trying new things, but I often say "To hell with it" and try them anyway.
  • I'm quite the unique person.

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
Well, I'm seem to be enfp. A couple more facts about me are...

• I hate doing the same thing, everyday. I like to try different things, and meet new people.
  • I am a very physical person.
  • I am a very sexual person
  • It's very difficult for me to finish a project to completion. I will start the project when I say that I'm going to start it, but almost never finish it. I'll almost always find something else to preocuppy myself with. It takes extreme effort on my part to complete a project.
  • I have horrible anxiety, and not that high of a self esteem.
  • My anxiety often keeps me from trying new things, but I often say "To hell with it" and try them anyway.
  • I'm quite the unique person.
I'd definitely say ENFP...every one of those lol

·
Registered
188 Posts
I'm a 3 with a wing of 7.
you cant be 3w7, you're either 3 or 7.. look into descriptions especially core fixations.

3 and 7 can appear similar, but have completely different undergoing issues for their behaviour, motivations

3 are image triad, they are identified with their image and dont have access to their feelings. they feel good if they have good image. if other see them as successful. so they fear failure of not being successful

7s are thrill seekers and avoid pain by being always positive and always enthusiastic. they ignore black part of life.

so, completely different

·
Registered
358 Posts
You sound like an ENFP to me I can relate a lot to your points aside from one XD (it was the relationship one I've been in such a fun and lovely relationship for four years now!)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts