Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay, I have always been confused as to the difference between the function orders of Ti-Ne and Ne-Ti. This has lead to confusion about my type. A few things about me real quick.

1. I am quite because I am always thinking of the things I see and how I can improve them, usually in regards to technology.

2. I read constantly, mostly books on Economics, Physics (mostly Quantum Mechanics), Math (mostly Linear math, my favorite math),Psychology/Neuroscience and political science.

3. I constantly invent theories to explain the people around me, and how they behave, If I see a group of people behaving a certain way I invent a theory to explain it.

4. I hate rules, and constantly try to get around them. I will spend hours attempting to get around some rule.

5. Whenever I see something I think of everything that is associated with it.

6. I behave like Bill Maher in my style of comedy, which mostly serves as a way to make the fastest comeback possible to throw off my opponent.

7. My hobbies change constantly, right now my hobbies are astrobiology, playing the bongo drums, sculpting and rebuilding a 1984 Apple computer.

8. I hate people because they never listen to me, and thus screw up their lives.

9. I am constantly trying to start a company so that I can build the products I want to use.

10. I always wanted to be a Cal-Tech Physicist.

11. I never go to class, I go to the Math library and read

12. I like to go to raves and parties

13. I never study, yet have a 3.4 gpa

14. I majored in English but hate it because the teachers want me to rehash what they have all ready said.I also majored in Physics, and Computer Science but got bored. I skip class to go to classes I "audit".

15. I say things for shock value, I once without realizing it brought two glasses of milk back to my table of friends, one chocholate and one white, somebody said way to not be racist and I said that if I mix the two it will go on to be president. (I know its terrible but I lack a filter)

16. I feel board when I am not learning.

17. While writing this I realized I have been listing to the same song for the last 15 minutes without realizing it.

18. My life philosophy has always been that I want to know a lot about a lot of things and a little about everything.

19. The biblical character of Solomon asked God for wisdom, I would ask for knowledge about literally everything in the universe.

20. I am socially awkward with people I don't care for, but generally I have an inner circle of close friends followed by good acquaintances then everybody else.

21. I refuse to be bad at anything, I am naturally bad at sports but I force myself to be better than everybody on the court, even my teammates.

22. I am obsessed with watching the news and discussing world events. I want to change the world through the things I build.

23. I need to be thinking, I never stop thinking about anything.

24. "What if" could be my catch phrase.

25. People compare me to Steve Jobs in my approach to life, and life philosophy.

26. My parents are INFJ (mother) and ISTP (father)

Taking what I wrote in to account, do I have more Ti-Ne or Ne-Ti or even Ni-Te (INTJ)?

·
黐線 ~Chiseen~
5,241 Posts
26 points only? INTP. Definitely. ENTP's list would've been longer.

*Yep, most definitely.*

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
I say ENTP.

I like to go to parties, but a rave sounds terrifying to me.

I think an INTP would have settled for a nice round number when listing points. 26 just seems so random that it has to be ENTP. Actually, this doesn't make sense. Scratch it.

Also, if you calculatingly stopped at 26 in order to avoid the 27 club (Kurt Cobain, Janis Joplin,Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison, Amy Winehouse) then perhaps you might be an INTP. Actually, scratch that. Doesn't make any sense either.

Also, I think ENTPs would be more prone to want to see their ideas in tangible form more than INTPs. I'm referring to your compulsion to start companies.

I tend to say tactless things like you, though, especially around people who want to give the impression that they are prim and proper.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have an INTJ friend who I write screenplays with, but he actually writes after I start the project for him, I know another INTJ I argue with non-stop about everything, I argue with him over Quantum Physics because he hates that field of physics, so I don't know if I could be an INTJ.
I guess what I'm stuck on is how do INTPs use Ne?

·
Registered
466 Posts
It would have been so much longer, but I thought no one would want to read much more than 20 points.
They wouldn't have. *Correction: I wouldn't have.*

You have many different hobbies which might suggest a higher Ne positioning.

I want to change the world through the things I build
I would say this might suggest a higher Fe/Te positioning.

Right now I would go with ENTP. Have you looked at the different descriptions of the types or cognitive functions? Do you know which ones you relate to the most?

Oh and P.S. you spelled quiet 'quite', bored 'board', listening 'listing', and chocolate 'chocholate'. That last one isn't even a word.;)

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
Hey, I have a lot of hobbies and I am not ENTP. We cannot place a label on that alone. Then again, this list still does not strike me as INTP, but I cannot pinpoint why that is and where he should instead be placed. As for your reading hobbies, you have me beat. :p I am just now picking back up a book in like forever and it is over Damn Small Linux configuration (don't judge me, my last few weeks have been studying for a damn large CCNA exam which is coming up).

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
ENTP-- Although I can identify with much of what you wrote, things like this:

* I am obsessed with watching the news and discussing world events. I want to change the world through the things I build.

Wanting to change the world is more indicitive of tertiary Fe, inferior Fe feels more powerless in this regard

* I am constantly trying to start a company so that I can build the products I want to use.

INTPs have more trouble getting their ideas off the ground.

* 6. I behave like Bill Maher in my style of comedy, which mostly serves as a way to make the fastest comeback possible to throw off my opponent.

Fastest possible implies dominant Ne.. I can do this sometimes, but too often there is a delay of like 5-10 minutes before I come up with what I could have said.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts