Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

INFP First Post.

Did the MB test and then after lots of research came across this forum and hope to get a lot of info from you all.

I started off life as an investment banker , worked around the world then walked out one day to the amazement of my friends and co workers. Walked the earth. Did an Art Degree as a mature student ( Distinction). Worked in a factory ( Got the first employee of the month award ever haha!), studied photography (as an amateur have had work shown in a Museum, The Association of Photographers in London and also been in the best of show at the International Photography Awards in NY).

Do i have the traits of an INFP ? :)

Still struggling with what to do with my life ! I enjoy photography but dont know if i can do it as a career. Have all the traits of an INFP but unfortunately look like a Russian Hitman - so people take me as a tough loner rather than a sensitive soul.

Help!

·
Mr. CafeBot
13,103 Posts
Welcome to PersonalityCafe!

*You are hearing a robotic sounding voice coming towards you*

Greetings chang81 and welcome to PersonalityCafe!! My name is Mr. CafeBot. I am here to personally greet you and thank you for joining our humble little forum. No matter your type, you will surely experience a wonderful time with the members of this forum. We cater to all personality types so you will never feel alone or weird. Truth is this forum is full of weirdos!! Pleazeee hel.... *Ahem*I mean we have the nicest people you will ever meet. :)

If you need basic forum information our newbie guide link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/intro/2319-friendly-guide-newbies.html

To keep the forum entertaining and safe, our forum rules link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/announcements/540-personality-cafe-forum-rules.html

We have a facebook style chat that you can enable throughout the site... Just read on how to enable it here...
http://personalitycafe.com/support-suggestions/13046-personality-cafe-facebook-style-chat.html

If you need any help or have any suggestions, please let us know here...
http://personalitycafe.com/support-suggestions/

We will always be glad to help you!

Also don't forget to watch my music video...

Again, welcome to our forum chang81. We hope that your experience with us is tremendously benevolent!

P.S.

Please tip me 1 gold. I need to buy more coffee! @[email protected]

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Hello, welcome.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi Chang81,
I just joined this forum too and I can so relate to your situation! I am an INFJ who left the accounting profession after 16 years and got into fine art photography (I sell photography and digital art at art festivals now) because I just had to do something fun for a change. But making a living at it is extremely hard and quite frankly it becomes work and not fun anymore. A year ago I finally decided what I really want to be when I grow up - a psychologist/ career counselor. I figure I should do for others what I couldn't do for myself. :laughing: Seriously, it seems to be the perfect fit for me so far. I wish you the best of luck in finding your perfect fit!!!

·
Registered
435 Posts
welcome to the forum!

·
Banned
2,155 Posts
Hello and welcome. :happy:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hi Guys,

INFP First Post.

Did the MB test and then after lots of research came across this forum and hope to get a lot of info from you all.

I started off life as an investment banker , worked around the world then walked out one day to the amazement of my friends and co workers. Walked the earth. Did an Art Degree as a mature student ( Distinction). Worked in a factory ( Got the first employee of the month award ever haha!), studied photography (as an amateur have had work shown in a Museum, The Association of Photographers in London and also been in the best of show at the International Photography Awards in NY).

Do i have the traits of an INFP ? :)

Still struggling with what to do with my life ! I enjoy photography but dont know if i can do it as a career. Have all the traits of an INFP but unfortunately look like a Russian Hitman - so people take me as a tough loner rather than a sensitive soul.

Help!
Hi "Russian Hitman", I always believe passion is what determines success. If you really enjoy photography, then just do it as a career. How many of us are blessed to work in what we actually love to do! The passion, the drive is what powers you to ram through all obstacles in your way. In addition, you are having fun!

Personally, I'm a photography hobbyist too, and my friends and family are persuading me to take design for my degree. However, I love psychology even more, and aim to be a psychologist, which everyone is dissuading me, saying there is no market for it, its a lengthy journey with peanuts as rewards, but you know what, I don't care. I know I want to do psychology.

Know what you want to do, and just do it.

Cheers!:tongue:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts