Personality Cafe banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

I'm pretty sure I have anxiety, but I haven't been diagnosed. I'm also just starting college. I am a girl and right now I am actually pretty content with everything. I don't want to put my exact age, but I under 20 years old.

2. What type(s) do you usually score as on tests?

INFP and I once got INTP and ISFP.

3. Click on this link: Flickr Choose 2 photos and look at each for as long as you feel that you need. Copy and paste the photos here (or write the link like example: www[dot]flickr[dot]com/photos/jacoboson/8697480741/in/explore-2013-05-01), and write your impression of each of them.

I am not able to post links yet sorry.

4. You are on the clock to fix something, a friend of yours sits beside you and gives a lot of interesting ideas, none of them actually help or are related to your situation, but they are still something you find interesting. What is your reaction? What do you say? What do you do? What's your train of thought?

I would acknowledge what they said and maybe try to respond to what they said since it was interesting. In my mind I would still be thinking of a way to fix whatever I'm trying to fix, and I'd probably zone in and out when they respond to what I say, but I'd try my best to not ignore them.

5a. What are some of your most important values?

I strongly value honesty especially in relationships. I hate when people cheat or use others. I also strongly value being yourself and not doing what others think you should do. I also think everyone should be treated with respect.

5b. Can they change? What would be the reason if they changed?

I don't think any of those values could change.

6. You are in a car with some other people, the people in the car are talking. Someone makes a claim that you see as immoral/rude/cruel. What is your inward reaction? What do you think? What do you say?

Inside I would be really annoyed and I would probably from then on not really associate with that person. I probably wouldn't say anything though I don't like conflict.

7. a) What activities energizes you the most? Why?

Being with one of my close friends doing pretty much anything. I can be myself around them and it relieves stress. Playing video games or reading also does because I forget about any stress or problems I have and a lot of times what I play or read inspires me to be better.

7. b) What activities drains you the most? Why?

Hanging out with people I'm not close with or going to school. I'm constantly aware of everything move I make and being on guard like that is tiring. And I have to fake my personality, which I don't like doing so it adds stress.

8. Do you believe you are introverted or extraverted? Why do you believe that? (Please be as detailed as possible)

Introverted. I've always gotten it on every test I've ever taken. I keep to myself most of the time. I don't like talking unless there is something that needs to be said. I'm only really open around my 2 close friends and family.

9. Please describe yourself, what do you see as your greatest strengths and what do you see as your greatest weaknesses?

I always try to do my best and I always try to be caring to others. My weaknesses are that I'm bad at expressing how I feel in words, I'm bad at making friends, and I procrastinate all the time.

10. Please describe yourself when you are feeling stressed. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.

I am very irritable and mean. But on the inside I'm very sad and I don't like being so mean to others, but it's almost uncontrollable. I also get a lot more quiet and I go on the internet a lot more.

11. What is your "soft spot" (the area that makes you upset if people mess with)?

When people are inconsiderate of my feelings. Or when people keep trying to argue with me even after I tell them they're right.

12. What are most of the ideas/thoughts you get generally centered around (try to expand your answers as much as possible)?

I think a lot about how I can improve myself and different issues in society and the world. I also think a lot about the future and what I hope I can accomplish. I also just think of many random things throughout the day such as books I've read lately or video games I'm playing.

13. What's your opinion of getting frequent feedback on what you do? (Someone pointing out what is good, what is bad, what and how to improve) Is there a limit to how often you want feedback? If so, what is the limit?

I think it is alright if the person is qualified to give feedback. Maybe only once a week because too much at once would be overwhelming.

14. Anything beyond what has been discussed that you would like to add?

I feel like I sound very unhappy in all of my answers, but I am actually in a good mood that is just how I sound sorry haha. I'm also sorry for not giving long answers, it's just hard for me to put certain things into words. And thank you for answering this I really appreciate your time.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I am/was in the same situation. But there is/was one question, which helped, so here it goes:

Why are you no INFP, in your opinion?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First thanks for the reply haha. And well it's mostly because people have said to not trust the tests and I don't know the functions really well enough to identify myself. And I also think I'm not very good at writing and it seems like almost every other INFP is. I also feel like I'm mean sometimes and that is also another non-INFP trait.

·
Registered
265 Posts
First thanks for the reply haha. And well it's mostly because people have said to not trust the tests and I don't know the functions really well enough to identify myself. And I also think I'm not very good at writing and it seems like almost every other INFP is. I also feel like I'm mean sometimes and that is also another non-INFP trait.
1. Tests: Yeah, some are good, some are bad. One test means almost nothing, because it is based on your answers about yourself. But when you take a lot of tests on different days over a lot of other days...there should be some pattern, which is quite a good starting place.
2. Writing: You could be young and still improving? Or perhaps there is one INFP in the world, who is not good at writing...who knows? Wonders happen! :wink:
3. Mean: Yeah, INFPs can't be mean, because they are angels, not men (or women). Oh...no, that wasn't right...i think! :laughing:

The truth is: It's not so easy. You certainly could be an INFP. Or an INTP. Perhaps also ISFP or ISTP. You seem introverted, when your answers are correct. But i think to be sure you have to analyze yourself, read about the functions and than decide. If you really are interested in this, it's the only way, i think.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Almost everyone starting out in something as complicated and abstract as personality typing can be confused. We have all been there. lol

Looking at your post, you come across as an Fe user. Let me give you a brief description of four key functions here:

1. Introverted Feeling (Fi): An inner castle of morals that causes the user to react to any word or action that would strike its boundaries. This causes the user to be very aware of his or her own feelings regarding an ethical or moral issue. FPs tend to "champion" a cause or belief they are close to very strongly and can go to great sacrifices in fighting for it.

2. Extroverted Feeling (Fe): Fe users are more likely to conform to the social norms and etiquette of a group that they care about. Fe is very aware of the emotional atmosphere in a room and can feel the emotional "auras" that others may exude.
- I relate to the latter very well and can literally feel someone else's emotions most of the time.

3. Extroverted Sensing (Se): Objectively seeing what is directly in front of you for what it really is. A broom is a broom and nothing more. This doesn't mean that SPs are incapable of being creative, but rather that they see reality for how it presents itself and they therefore live in it as it is now. That is why Se is always related to the "here-and-now" perception on life.

4. Extroverted Intuition (Ne): Objectively seeing what is NOT directly in front of you and what is possible. A broom can also be a lightsaber, a wig that has a cartoon character-like bump on the head once put on, a torch, and further on. Ne is the most open-minded function and tends to make its users very scatter-brained since it is perceiving so many possibilities at once. That is why ENPs are usually associated with ADHD: it is difficult for them to focus on one of their ideas when they have so many more flooding their minds.

Hope that helps. Please let me know what you think.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the information wow haha. I strongly relate to the description of Ne and not at all with the description of Se. When it cones to Fi or Fe though I'm very confused. I feel I relate to both pretty equally. But I guess I just need to read into it more. Thanks again.

·
Registered
265 Posts
1. Introverted Feeling (Fi): An inner castle of morals that causes the user to react to any word or action that would strike its boundaries. This causes the user to be very aware of his or her own feelings regarding an ethical or moral issue. FPs tend to "champion" a cause or belief they are close to very strongly and can go to great sacrifices in fighting for it.

2. Extroverted Feeling (Fe): Fe users are more likely to conform to the social norms and etiquette of a group that they care about. Fe is very aware of the emotional atmosphere in a room and can feel the emotional "auras" that others may exude.
- I relate to the latter very well and can literally feel someone else's emotions most of the time.
For now, i think i am a Fi-User (INFP). But i relate to your Fe-description more than to your Fi.

Perhaps i am mistyped. :wink:

But if not...i would say, that your description is to much about the "crusader". Perhaps Fi COULD act as a crusader. But it's only one possibility and i personally can't relate at all to this.

For me, Fi is more about identification. Fi-User reflect and understand situations, which they already lived through, personal or in their head. They look out for these situations and people to which they establish something of an inner bond.

For example: A Fi-User was beeing mobbed by some older kids. He/she knows it's some terrible experience. So in the future he can identify with people who get mobbed and perhaps one day this Fi-User will prevent such mobbing OR "crusade" against mobbers. But often Fi-User have an live-and-let-live-attitude and don't like confrontation. Fi is INNER Feeling, which is almost always hidden. They know that everybody isn't the same and other people have other feelings. So the crusader-thing is something of an extreme option (perhaps some problems with inferior-Te too?) and not "normal".

Another example would be identifying with a fictional figure in TV/video games. I noticed that i ONLY like shows/games, when i've got somebody i relate to (identify) or am attracted to. I quite doubt that this is normal for everybody out there. :tongue:

Fe, i think, is much more general, to a lot of people (mostly everybody) and about conventions. "Everybody should..."

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.