Personality Cafe banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
I am/was in the same situation. But there is/was one question, which helped, so here it goes:

Why are you no INFP, in your opinion?

·
Registered
265 Posts
First thanks for the reply haha. And well it's mostly because people have said to not trust the tests and I don't know the functions really well enough to identify myself. And I also think I'm not very good at writing and it seems like almost every other INFP is. I also feel like I'm mean sometimes and that is also another non-INFP trait.
1. Tests: Yeah, some are good, some are bad. One test means almost nothing, because it is based on your answers about yourself. But when you take a lot of tests on different days over a lot of other days...there should be some pattern, which is quite a good starting place.
2. Writing: You could be young and still improving? Or perhaps there is one INFP in the world, who is not good at writing...who knows? Wonders happen! :wink:
3. Mean: Yeah, INFPs can't be mean, because they are angels, not men (or women). Oh...no, that wasn't right...i think! :laughing:

The truth is: It's not so easy. You certainly could be an INFP. Or an INTP. Perhaps also ISFP or ISTP. You seem introverted, when your answers are correct. But i think to be sure you have to analyze yourself, read about the functions and than decide. If you really are interested in this, it's the only way, i think.

·
Registered
265 Posts
1. Introverted Feeling (Fi): An inner castle of morals that causes the user to react to any word or action that would strike its boundaries. This causes the user to be very aware of his or her own feelings regarding an ethical or moral issue. FPs tend to "champion" a cause or belief they are close to very strongly and can go to great sacrifices in fighting for it.

2. Extroverted Feeling (Fe): Fe users are more likely to conform to the social norms and etiquette of a group that they care about. Fe is very aware of the emotional atmosphere in a room and can feel the emotional "auras" that others may exude.
- I relate to the latter very well and can literally feel someone else's emotions most of the time.
For now, i think i am a Fi-User (INFP). But i relate to your Fe-description more than to your Fi.

Perhaps i am mistyped. :wink:

But if not...i would say, that your description is to much about the "crusader". Perhaps Fi COULD act as a crusader. But it's only one possibility and i personally can't relate at all to this.

For me, Fi is more about identification. Fi-User reflect and understand situations, which they already lived through, personal or in their head. They look out for these situations and people to which they establish something of an inner bond.

For example: A Fi-User was beeing mobbed by some older kids. He/she knows it's some terrible experience. So in the future he can identify with people who get mobbed and perhaps one day this Fi-User will prevent such mobbing OR "crusade" against mobbers. But often Fi-User have an live-and-let-live-attitude and don't like confrontation. Fi is INNER Feeling, which is almost always hidden. They know that everybody isn't the same and other people have other feelings. So the crusader-thing is something of an extreme option (perhaps some problems with inferior-Te too?) and not "normal".

Another example would be identifying with a fictional figure in TV/video games. I noticed that i ONLY like shows/games, when i've got somebody i relate to (identify) or am attracted to. I quite doubt that this is normal for everybody out there. :tongue:

Fe, i think, is much more general, to a lot of people (mostly everybody) and about conventions. "Everybody should..."

1 - 3 of 3 Posts