Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m 90% sure i’m a Fi-dom, but i’m not sure if my auxiliary is Se or Ne, basically because i’m struggling to understand Ne!!
Reasons why i think i use Ne: i need to have some project going on in my mind, it can be as trivial as “rewatch all disney classical movies on disney+”, but i have to have like a current passion, a current obsession. For exemple right now is mbti and i probably won’t stop reading about it until i’ll finally figure out my real type.
i want to learn new things just out of curiousity, i don’t care about the practical side of it, also usually as soon as i feel like there’s nothing more to discover about that topic i lose interest and i jump to the next “obsession”.
When i have an interest it completely absorbs me to the point that i almost forget about the external
world.
I feel more satisfied when i learn about something like the theories of a philosopher, than how to do something (i feel like that’s more Ne than Se), and also i am a little like Kierkegaard because i see so many options in life and i’m afraid that, if i choose just one, i will miss out so many things!!
My main goal is to find my place in the world, i want to be able to express myself in some meaningful way and try to make someone’s life better if possible.
BUT the reasons why i’m not sure i really use Ne:
1. I find it very hard to understand some abstract complicate concepts without having practical exemples, that’s why i’m finding really hard to understand Ne and Ni by reading Jung’s book!
2. I tend to rely on my experience a lot (i feel like in this sense i really use Si), like if you ask me “what would you do in situation x” i find it almost impossible to answer if i’m never been in that situation, while for some reason if you ask me “how would you FEEL if x happened” i can easily imagine that... idk if this makes any sense!!
3. I’m constantly stuck between wanting to explore and try new things and being afraid of stepping out of my comfort zone and breaking my routines...
I even thought that i might be an infp with a not so strong Ne, and that’s why my tertiary Si is quite strong, what do you guys think?

·
Registered
My vehicle is INFP, 9w8. Vroom vroom!!
1,592 Posts
Sounds like INFP to me, especially since you paired Fi with Si already. Also the jumping from one thing to another, just for the mental thrill.

Having Ne doesn't mean that you automatically understand unconventional philosophies and weird concepts. As for abstraction, time itself is abstract. No one truly understands the value of time, yet very concrete people seem to pay a lot of attention to their clocks and calendars and planners. What kind of sense does that make? Then take me—I don't set my clocks after the time change. I don't notice until I deem it too late to do anything. I have better things to do anyway.

Dominant Fi can keep you from trying to understand strange concepts if they seem unappealing at first. It is very stubborn. Ne-auxes still have to put in (a little) effort to keep an open mind, otherwise perceptions will be sculpted to fit what you already "know." And Ne perceptions can be sculpted because they aren't exactly rooted in physical evidence. A clear blue sky could make someone sad because blue is a sad color, I guess, so they feel like writing a book where the dog doesn't die in the end, just to spite cultural norms. Conveniently, they were on their way to the library, and they are motivated to find inspiration. But if an Se perception got sculpted—"I swear it looked like the red sign said GO, officer!!"—it's just bizarre.

·
Registered
39 Posts
1. I find it very hard to understand some abstract complicate concepts without having practical exemples, that’s why i’m finding really hard to understand Ne and Ni by reading Jung’s book!
2. I tend to rely on my experience a lot (i feel like in this sense i really use Si), like if you ask me “what would you do in situation x” i find it almost impossible to answer if i’m never been in that situation, while for some reason if you ask me “how would you FEEL if x happened” i can easily imagine that... idk if this makes any sense!!
3. I’m constantly stuck between wanting to explore and try new things and being afraid of stepping out of my comfort zone and breaking my routines...
I even thought that i might be an infp with a not so strong Ne, and that’s why my tertiary Si is quite strong, what do you guys think?
I agree with ButIHaveNoFear. if my girlfriend actually is an INFP like I believed for the last 5ish years, then these 3 points sound almost exactly like her. Although she seems to able to learn science stuff at an alarming rate when she wants to.
In regards to the other points, ESPECIALLY 3, it sounds like you're an INFP.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree with ButIHaveNoFear. if my girlfriend actually is an INFP like I believed for the last 5ish years, then these 3 points sound almost exactly like her. Although she seems to able to learn science stuff at an alarming rate when she wants to.
In regards to the other points, ESPECIALLY 3, it sounds like you're an INFP.
Thank you for your contribution!:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds like INFP to me, especially since you paired Fi with Si already. Also the jumping from one thing to another, just for the mental thrill.

Having Ne doesn't mean that you automatically understand unconventional philosophies and weird concepts. As for abstraction, time itself is abstract. No one truly understands the value of time, yet very concrete people seem to pay a lot of attention to their clocks and calendars and planners. What kind of sense does that make? Then take me—I don't set my clocks after the time change. I don't notice until I deem it too late to do anything. I have better things to do anyway.

Dominant Fi can keep you from trying to understand strange concepts if they seem unappealing at first. It is very stubborn. Ne-auxes still have to put in (a little) effort to keep an open mind, otherwise perceptions will be sculpted to fit what you already "know." And Ne perceptions can be sculpted because they aren't exactly rooted in physical evidence. A clear blue sky could make someone sad because blue is a sad color, I guess, so they feel like writing a book where the dog doesn't die in the end, just to spite cultural norms. Conveniently, they were on their way to the library, and they are motivated to find inspiration. But if an Se perception got sculpted—"I swear it looked like the red sign said GO, officer!!"—it's just bizarre.
This clarified my mind thank you! ❤

·
Registered
INFP 9w1
788 Posts
Hey, you sound a lot like an INFP to me.
You said you prefer studying concepts/theories instead of going out to experience or do things. That's Ne.
Relying on experience is Si, yes and point 3 is a perfect example of the tertiary Si an INFP has.

Well, yea, perfect example of an INFP. I like it when it's so obvious. Makes it easier. 😁

And don't wrory that you struggle to understand Ni. It's a very difficult function to understand, because it's the most abstract function. Most INFJs and INTJs are mistyped in the MBTI community, so that is another issue.
I suggest you this site to read up functions: Ni: Behaviorism & Mythology – Cognitive Typology

·
Administrator
INTP
11,559 Posts
You sound more like an infp than an isfp.

Regarding Ni and Ne, since you're interested in understanding Jungs definition.

Intuition is unconscious perception of (most simply explained) pattern impressions, rather than conscious sense impressions. It makes inferences over the sense impression, which can result in a different interpretation of a situation.

Ne recognises a pattern impression which the individual has previously observed (perhaps subliminally) which seems to match the current perception and presents it as the current perception.

Ni recognises a pattern impression which the individual has not (necessarily) previously observed and presents it as the current perception.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey, you sound a lot like an INFP to me.
You said you prefer studying concepts/theories instead of going out to experience or do things. That's Ne.
Relying on experience is Si, yes and point 3 is a perfect example of the tertiary Si an INFP has.

Well, yea, perfect example of an INFP. I like it when it's so obvious. Makes it easier. 😁

And don't wrory that you struggle to understand Ni. It's a very difficult function to understand, because it's the most abstract function. Most INFJs and INTJs are mistyped in the MBTI community, so that is another issue.
I suggest you this site to read up functions: Ni: Behaviorism & Mythology – Cognitive Typology
You are very nice thank you! I’ll check the site😊

1 - 10 of 10 Posts