Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been trying to figure this out for years and years.

Alright, I 100% of the time score an INFP on the test, but I Find i am too different from my introverted friends and questioning this. Here are some key things about me.

1. I always want to go out(hiking, swimming, for a walk, to a cafe, to a group meetup, etc.), i hate staying in a quiet room(it makes me feel like i am dead inside). But i hate bars, clubs, and really loud music. I get upset when my introverted friends don't want to go somewhere(i can go anywhere! just take a walk with me!), but i also want to please others, so i will very rarely ask them to go anywhere because i know they don't want to.

2. I would rather be with others than alone and i often feel like something is missing when i am alone.

3. I never turn down a friend or acquaintance when they invite me out(unless it's a guy that i know likes me).

4. I Love hugs and when i was little, i would hug EVERYONE. I only stopped hugging people because when in 4th grade, my bus driver told me to stop hugging everyone because i am getting older now. started hugging people again years later though. I especially love to hug cute and petite girls, it just gets me excited(but not sexually, i am asexual, it is more like seeing a puppy and wanting to pet it incredibly badly).

5.I hate it when people can't accept me, hate it so much that i tend to only socialize with people who can accept me and are non-judgmental. Key point here though, i will never change myself, instead i change the people around me. I simply hang out with groups that are somewhat similar to me.

6. I am very stubborn with my morals and no one can break them.

7. I will almost never engage in conversation. I love to be around people and can carry on a conversation, but when meeting new people, i will rarely go up to them. This might just be more of an issue with learning to break out of my shell, i am not sure yet.

8. I hate arguing and i will avoid it at all costs. I will usually try to coax people to calm down if they get angry, or will give them space and time to calm down.

9. I can get passionate in a debate, so i just try to avoid debates in all and will change the subject if it starts to go there. If someone has completely different morals than me and is also super passionate, i tend to not be friends with them. In High school, I was passionate about getting people to recycle, lessening meat consumption, not wasting food, etc. I stopped trying to talk to people later on and now i avoid those topics completely, just trying to live as an example instead.

10. I often start new projects and tend not to finish them. I Have too many ideas for art, but am a super procrastinator when it comes to finishing the pieces. I will often try to develop other skill-sets, like woodcarving, learning a new language, writing, etc. and although I do progress slightly with some of the skills, and i try not to give up, i just have a lack of motivation or something and it's like i am staring at the skills rather than actually developing them XD. I stick with art since i have been doing it my whole life and the skill is there.

11. I intuitively like making random noises, like weird singing tunes or weird little sounds because it relieves my anxiety and i will often dance calmly in place.

12. People often ask if i am high or on something, but i don't do drugs XD.

13. I often change my topic mid-conversation, forget what i was going to say, and will randomly talk about something completely unrelated to what everyone else is talking about, even though i am paying attention.

14. I won't talk about my beliefs, past, or personal things unless the person i am talking to is a very close friend, and even then, i am not easy to get to open up about myself because i know everyone is different and i dislike negative feelings and conflict.

15. I would rather not be in the spotlight, I do not like unnecessary attention. I can get really shy and anxious if put in the spotlight, but i am trying to learn to get over it if possible(i just did karaoke for the first time the other day!)

16. I enjoy dressing up(though not excessively) to have my clothes reflect my personality, even if it draws unnecessary attention and makes me a little anxious. XD. But i am not girly and tend to avoid girly things that draw unnecessary sexual attraction.

17. I also am very lazy and don't like to do things i find unnecessary, following a very simple daily routine: brush my teeth morning and night, exercise, shower... can't think of anything else XD. Very clean, but very simple person, hate bad smells.

18. I have a lot of friends and know a lot of people, but very few are incredibly good friends that i will come back to see(i move around a lot). I tend to forget people easily and cannot remember names well.

someone told me before that i could just be an ENFP with social anxiety. lol
Alright, i hope all of that was relevant XD. Feel free to ask for more.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dam... i'm too impatient for this. Alright i'm just going to say i'm an INFP that hates being alone and enjoys exciting events that kids would like. XD Alright i'm done. moving on.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm an INFP type 7 on enneagram, which is why i am always seeking adventure and exciting things and also can't sit and listen to other people's problems because i avoid topics or anything relating to pain or negative emotions. Like others have said, the MBTI is just a general idea, or base idea of your personality, so it makes sense. I apologize for all of these stupid short replies D:< It won't let me edit my replies or posts for some reason.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts