Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have taken the mtbi test numerous times now and each time I keep getting infp. I have read the discription of an infp and I have been reading infp blogs and reading all the posts on the infp board and I realy can relate to almost everything about infps. So iv have been thinking I must be an infp the only reason I'm skeptical is because one of the main things that it seems that most infps have in commin is that they tend to have elaborate daydreams and nfs in general seem to be very creative. The thing is I hardly daydream at all and I never felt I was ever very creative though I love art in all forms I love music, movies, paintings, poetry, books I have just never been good at creating them. This is why I find it weird because I can relate to everything about an infp except the one thing it seems almost every infp has in common. Now I know the daydreaming comes from being intuitve and when I take the test I usualy get a low n (one time I actualy got 50/50 n/s) so I thought I might be an isfp but the description dosnt fit me at all and I looked at some of the posts on the isfp boards and I can't relate to them as much as the infp posts. So can I be an infp even though I don't daydream.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
From the MBTI ethical guidelines: (http://personalitycafe.com/articles/33440-mbti-ethical-guildlines-use.html)

Stress that type does not imply excellence, competence, or natural ability, only what is preferred.

Explain how people sometimes act in ways contrary to their preferences because of pressure from family, relationships, job environment, or culture. Consistent forced use of non preferences can cause stress.
So being an INFP is about your preferences. What skills you have is dependent on a combination of preference and your social and educational environment growing up. So if you are comfortable with being typed as INFP, then don't worry about not being good enough at it.

As for the daydreaming: (again from the ethical guidelines)

Present type preferences as tendencies, preferences, or inclinations, rather than absolutes.

Never imply that all people of a certain type behave in the same way; type should not encourage stereotyping or be used to put people in rigid categories.
btw, have you read this: http://personalitycafe.com/infp-articles/3138-infps-infps.html#post76300

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
It sounds like you're an INFP but you just daydream less. Also you may be underestimating your creative contributions in life. May be your occupation doesn't easily lend to it. I know one INFP who works in a dental office - guess how much music, paintings, and poetry she gets to create working in such setting :p

1 - 3 of 3 Posts