Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't just start making judgements. Can any of you help me determine whether I am one? Asking me questions and let me give me my thoughts. It would be much appreciated. I'm not getting responses on my thread for determining my type. Thank you. I'll try to be myself without thinking about what I say.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Don't just start making judgements. Can any of you help me determine whether I am one?
Sometimes it's more fun to go the other way. What makes you think you *are not* an INFP? :3

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sometimes it's more fun to go the other way. What makes you think you *are not* an INFP? :3
I didn't say I wasn't one or I wouldn't be asking. Also, if people just start jumping from conclusions that I'm this or that I get nervous and don't say what's directly came into my mind. You are or you aren't. I know this sounded mean....UHHHH maybe I'm not this serious in reality though,,, uh. So hard to find my personality......

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
I didn't say I wasn't one or I wouldn't be asking. Also, if people just start jumping from conclusions that I'm this or that I get nervous and don't say what's directly came into my mind. You are or you aren't. I know this sounded mean....UHHHH maybe I'm not this serious in reality though,,, uh. So hard to find my personality......
Heh, no worries ^^ I'm just asking because maybe you have some reasons to believe you aren't or can't be INFP. :3

Yes, I don't know why it's hard to be myself whenever I'm being judged. Like when I'm talking to an INTJ I start to get sharper toned and when I'm talking to like INFPs I start getting soft... xx"
I think INFJ is definitely plausible because of that. It sounds like mirroring behavior to ascertain some sense of harmony; Fe. Fi would be more likely to *not* change the way you talk, sticking with principles of the self.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Heh, no worries ^^ I'm just asking because maybe you have some reasons to believe you aren't or can't be INFP. :3

I think INFJ is definitely plausible because of that. It sounds like mirroring behavior to ascertain some sense of harmony; Fe. Fi would be more likely to *not* change the way you talk, sticking with principles of the self.
Oh, well there are reasons I think I am. Can't think of any now though. Well, I have to see that things make sense. And that my view of sense is correct. I'm almsot never completely aimless. Unless I'm talking to someone who intimidates me.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Oh, well there are reasons I think I am. Can't think of any now though.
Ni. xD

I'm almsot never completely aimless. Unless I'm talking to someone who intimidates me.
I didn't say you're aimless: mirroring does have an aim, whether one is conscious of it or not. ^^

·
Registered
2,390 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh thanks. The reason I suspect I am an INxP though is because, well. I don't see myself as organized (but maybe my standards are to high?) I'm also a perfectionist and if I don't feel like I can have something exactly as I want it I give up. Like if I don't think I can stay organized I get messy and stay upset and disorganized........... I don't know if what I just said is accurate about me. Also, I don't know why I'm afraid to JUST TALK. Like let everything out so someone can help me figure out my type. Like I feel jumbled up. I have to say everything that I planned needed to be included in my posts and stuff..... Don't know how to explain. Like I can't just forget about what happened. Everything matters. What I thought before matters even if what is being said now it adequate. I don't want to lost anything that might have had some meaning and may lead to another possibility.

The other thing is aren't INFJs very.....feely?? Like the most feelings types often find me too harsh. When I talk to others I am too harsh if I have a goal in mind. If I have a goal in mind, I cut straight through and disregard anything and depending on how feeling the person is, the more they get hurt. Sometimes I just get like a small sad face but the person stays helpful.....I don't know how to describe how they act....... It's just hard to believe I'm a feeler! Tell me how you identify feelers. I will tell you what is alike between me and them and the differences. I can't think of anything now!!! By the way. This may be too much to ask but can you access my threads and judge me a bit based on those??

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Because your really nice? See?!!! I don't like complimenting......feel awkward..... XX

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm pretty sure from your style of writing that you are not an INFP. You sound much more like an INTJ, as the tests have suggested. Typically an INFP wouldn't start a thread with a command: "Don't do this or that.". Even starting a message with "share the links." INFPs don't usually talk like that, and you seem to do it naturally. So the tone of how you write doesn't seem very INFPish at all. As someone else said, "confused INTJ" sounds about right.

Having a thinking preference doesn't mean that you can't have feelings or a soft side, or feel bad when you accidentally hurt other peoples feelings. It's more about what your default way of thinking is, and clearly you're looking for objective information to help you decide right now, for example, and not peoples thoughts or opinions, for example.

Or knowing something and then having to find more info to confirm it. That's sounds more like Ni. An INFP is more likely to be indecisive, doing all kinds of research to help themself decide and make some decision. You say you will never learn about something if there is no chance of using the knowledge to your advantage, whereas INFPs are often interested in all kinds of arcane and abstract things that do not have immediate practical uses. The INFP's extroverted intuition likes sifting through information looking for patterns and things, which is kind of the opposite of your preference, it seems.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
THEN WHY DO PEOPLE KEEP DENYING THAT I AM ONE? I'm not sure how naturally or unnaturally I said anything at this point. I think naturally I was always more of a thinker, something made me believe I was a thinker this year and it has fogged up everything for me. A few different people entered my life. Don't INTJs not care about what other people say or their business? I get into it! And don't think I'm stereotyping over one thing. There are so many. Something is just holding me back from thinking I am a TJ. Ok forget thinker. What makes me a judger. Yes, I don't go my people's thought or feelings much. I take that info and analyze it. But isn't this an INTP quality as well somewhat? In fact I have a greater purpose for doing the INTJ to begin with. I do a lot of indescisive research though. But not as quite as you described it though. When I put my personality type as INTJ, I kept getting accused of being too bubbly to be one. But I think I was trying to be sweeter and "nicer" because I had just gotten on to the site too.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Is it normal to start acting like a feeler when I'm around people who intimidate me because I want don't want to get on their wrong side?

http://personalitycafe.com/intj-forum-scientists/86887-intj-2.html

http://personalitycafe.com/myers-briggs-forum/87088-am-i-intj-intp-2.html

http://personalitycafe.com/whats-my-personality-type/87702-t-f.html

eeeeek this one was really bad.
http://personalitycafe.com/intj-forum-scientists/87499-intp-intj.html

The thing is most INTJs seem to look for information about some things so fiercely that they don't really consider much else. (in which case they easily become too harsh) I do this too, but not as much. It's so much easier to make so slow down and think about how I've affected others than the other INTJs. But then again, I have yet to find something I'm THAT interested in. MAYBE. We adapt to how others are? Like if I'm talking to feelers I generally would get more considerate about others feelings? Well that happens sometimes. But often times I feel like nobody is competing with each other there and I'm not too scared to use my thinker abilities. Where as I tend to get scared of posting on the INTJ forum where there's other thinkers. I read some of the posts and sometimes I feel like I'm more prone to attack. Of course I've met very nice INTJs too.

I feel so embarrassed while reading these forums from a few months ago. Why have I changed so much. Know so much more. Wow, I said some HUMILIATING things.....

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
http://personalitycafe.com/intp-forum-thinkers/93161-argumentative.html

made me feel INFJ

So you don't think I'm an INTP huh? I can relate to them a lot though you know. Apparently I'm far more judging than I thought. MY thought process tends to be organized in general. Unless I get freaked out. But sometimes I just act so INTP-ish what the INTP supposedly acts like under stress sounds like me =="

Why do I relate to INxx types all? It's kind of annoying at this point because I have limited time and energy. I can only function at night almost.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Oh sorry, I don't know why I assumed you had already done this questionnaire

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
Those are the responses I was talking about. It's not fool proof but a decent starting point.

(If you have and I'm failing to see it, apologies, I'm in a bit of a hurry)

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
This year, I've changed a lot. And it's probably because I felt like exploring during my second year of High school (I'm really not good at expressing myself by the way so you may not get exactly what I mean). [...] But that's only because of things that happened this year.
Like I feel jumbled up. I have to say everything that I planned needed to be included in my posts and stuff..... Don't know how to explain. Like I can't just forget about what happened. Everything matters. What I thought before matters even if what is being said now it adequate. I don't want to lost anything that might have had some meaning and may lead to another possibility.
I think naturally I was always more of a thinker, something made me believe I was a thinker this year and it has fogged up everything for me. A few different people entered my life.
I feel so embarrassed while reading these forums from a few months ago. Why have I changed so much. Know so much more. Wow, I said some HUMILIATING things.....
Whatever happened to you this year seems to have a big impact on you. I think it's good to try to figure out how much - if you think it's transcient, then maybe you should wait a little and get back to typing yourself when your unrest is gone. If it's not transcient, same story, but then you'll probably have to work on it to clear your mind. Once you have that peace of mind, it will probably be easier to get your type nailed down. It may also be important to include your experiences and memories from before this year in your search for your type.

I'm not sure if you mentioned it already, but have you talked with someone yet about the things that happened this year and how you've changed? You're probably best off discussing this with someone who knows you from before this period.

Reactions: Elika

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Whatever happened to you this year seems to have a big impact on you. I think it's good to try to figure out how much - if you think it's transcient, then maybe you should wait a little and get back to typing yourself when your unrest is gone. If it's not transcient, same story, but then you'll probably have to work on it to clear your mind. Once you have that peace of mind, it will probably be easier to get your type nailed down. It may also be important to include your experiences and memories from before this year in your search for your type.

I'm not sure if you mentioned it already, but have you talked with someone yet about the things that happened this year and how you've changed? You're probably best off discussing this with someone who knows you from before this period.
Yeah but.... I don't want to wait! It might to a lot of help to help me find out who I am. Make it easier to make certain decisions which I know are coming. This is a critical time in my life. Not that it isn't exciting of course!

·
Registered
NiTe 549
5,321 Posts
@LilyAskar :

I've been reading through this thing with you trying to find out your type.

You seem stressed. If the stress is what's causing you to consider alternate possibilities and bounce around between them uncomfortably, it might be an eruption of inferior Ne. Inferior Ne points to dominant Si.

I'm not sure I've seen anything particularly negative about the actual possibilities you're considering, though, so I could be wrong.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm a little stressed. There were a lot of reasons for it and some of them are still going on. I just don't know them at the top of my head. I feel shameful now. Not sure why either.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts