Personality Cafe banner

Am I an intj (not a try hard I swear!)

877 views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  winterskygrey 
#1 · (Edited)
I was wondering if some people could help me with my type.
In my previous post I apparently was trying too hard so I apologize for that. Ask me questions and I will answer as honestly as possible.
Once again I apologize for my grammar.

Some basic info (or core personality info)

I'm aspiring to be a scientist (and take it very srysly)

Three positive words to describe me are: tenacious, placid, and determined

I compulsively plan things without making much effort to do the things planned.

I use I too much

Some negative words to describe me are: obstinate, unforgiving, and procrastinator.

That is pretty much it for now.

My parents and friends say I am a blunt person.

OK here we go, I fear being too revealing
I internally screamed after I made the unwise decision to delete my unlegible answers to various questionnaires.

But as I recall I got
1 te
2 ni
Making entj a possibility.

I behave like I have a dominant ni, but it doesn't seem right.

I have one grand plan spanning a couple of years into the future I still need to refine it though ( did this before I knew about mbti!)

Everyone is a strategist in life so a made it a goal to be a better one (again before mbti!)

When I am stressed out I react with a tension headache I guess. I get extremely stressed out at school and I apparently look mad all the time.

I like science because it helps me understand the universe and the laws that govern it better

When I get frustrated I center myself and continue on

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

I don't know really its just a stupid feeling I have not really backed up by anything.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

I yearn for understanding of the things around me on a fundamental level.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

When I get a brilliant idea or when I am in a state of deep thought.

I felt like I was getting the most out of my life in those moments

4) What makes you feel inferior?

My lack of professional training in my field of science

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

Pro con's mostly weigh in on my decisions

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

When I work on a project the goal is my emphasis or the purpose.

Yes

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

I had a lot of fun collecting rocks a while back.

I don't know how my memory is really what do you mean? Could you elaborate?

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

To memorize

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?

Pretty organized I think

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

The first one

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

The second one

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

50\50 sometimes I do and sometimes I dont

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

I like to know where I am jumping before leaping

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

Watch the show who cares what they do?

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

I don't act really I kind of go comatose

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

When people won't just chill out

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

Yes, science what else? I bring it up all the time

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life

Hygiene *everyone reacts negatively in some way*

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

I can't really answer this question I have every had a conversation where they shared there perceptions of me.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing.

I always feel like I need to make steps towards my personal goals.

See less See more
#6 ·
Firstly, you don't need to make new posts to add additional information - you can just click the edit button on your post, then add more. You also don't need to make a new thread, just make a more in-depth post on the original.

Secondly, there are questionnaires you can fill out in the stickies (the top section of the Type Me forum). These can be helpful.

If you don't feel like doing those, try to write a bit more about things such as your reactions to stressful situations, how you feel about what you like/why you like it etc. Something which is revealing. Interests can be held by any type, so those aren't great indicators.

Have a go at writing a longer, more in-depth post and see what comes of it.

#8 ·
Your responses are not profound enough to accurately assess what may be going on inside your brain. You can't just type out a sentence and assume somebody can make some guesses about you.

You know yourself better than anybody. Do your best to think objectively.

Nonetheless, you seem like you're a Te-dom.

#10 · (Edited)
Based on some core aspects of the intp like wanting to understand knowledge for its own sake I have come to that conclusion. I'm not much of an extrovert but based on functions alone I would challenge my idea that I'm a intp.

Furthermore I would like to elaborate why I think I am an intp. I got a bunch of family members to choose a best fit type for me and they all (without any influence from me) came to choose intp based on the description hereThe Sixteen Personality Types - High-Level

Edit

It is honestly hard for me to write more than a couple of sentences about myself. I took the enneagram test and got 5w6 1w9 3w2. Um... I can't do it this will have to do for now

#11 ·
Based on some core aspects of the intp like wanting to understand knowledge for its own sake I have come to that conclusion. I'm not much of an extrovert but based on functions alone I would challenge my idea that I'm a intp.

Furthermore I would like to elaborate why I think I am an intp. I got a bunch of family members to choose a best fit type for me and they all (without any influence from me) came to choose intp based on the description hereThe Sixteen Personality Types - High-Level
Well considering you've made this decision on your own, that seems pretty Ji dominant. Maybe you are an INTP.

#14 · (Edited)
I would choose intj or entj, but having ni doesn't make sense to me. I make me connections all the time. Maybe I'm an estj with a very good ne function?

Edit
Nope definitely have a intuition above sensory function. What if I'm just an ambivert?

Edit you know te then ne

Edit
Definitely te Dom function wise but I am definitely an introvert. So purely functionally I'm an entj. How could that be though? Am I an intj then? Or just an entj who is introverted? Confused again :\

Edit
Unless you consider my plan a ti thing then I'm back to square one

Edit
Screw this I choose entj for my type.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.