Personality Cafe banner

Which type do you think i am?

• Total voters
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I already posted this in the socionics forum but the people that were trying to give me an answer were unsure and were different types anyways so i thought that posting this on the INTJ and INTP forums would make more sense.

My cognitive functions test result:
Te (Extroverted Thinking) (75%)
Ti (Introverted Thinking) (95%)
Ne (Extroverted Intuition) (85%)
Ni (Introverted Intuition) (70%)
Se (Extroverted Sensing) (0%)
Si (Introverted Sensing) (50%)
Fe (Extroverted Feeling) (35%)
Fi (Introverted Feeling) (40%)

(the site listed me as INTP as a most possible type)

I know that the cognitive functions of both types really differ but i genuinely relate to both types to an extent. It might be because i have a lot of mental health issues and due to years of child abuse i was unconsciously forced to develop many different functions for the sake of survival. So typing me might be really hard but i always get an INTJ from Myers-Briggs tests and i relate to the description of an INTJ a little bit more, yet often get an INTP from cognitive functions tests because of my almost complete absence of Se. (and the fact that my Si is more developed)

Is it possible that I'm consciously blocking Se usage because of my trauma with sensory-related experiences (eating disorders, sexual assault, substance abuse) and not wanting to "live in the moment" because of fear that if i potentially let myself do that and not focus on my future instead I'd fail to succeed and therefore "not be in control" as far as my life and career path go just like i was forced to as a kid because of abusive authority figures that wouldn't let me be in control of my life and make my own decisions? Ergo also my high Te?

I like writing lyrics and they're always full of Ne and Fi. They read like an INFP's lyrics but i'm positive that i'm not one. I also rarely ever use Fi as far as decision-making goes and i'm definitely not a Ne-dom type. I guess i'm blocking out Fi usage in my daily life because of my mental health issues but when i write lyrics i like being in touch in my emotions. But if i'm a Ni-dom would my lyrics be so ridiculously random and abstract? There's tons of Ne and zero Ni in my writing.

It's genuinely hard for me to answer MBTI test/cognitive function test questions because despite being an incredibly opinionated person, after all these years of trauma i kind of feel identity-less and unsure of who i actually am and what i'm actually like. And yes, i know that INFJs are often the ones that have identity issues but i can't relate to INFJs at all and have never been typed as one. I apologize for making you guys guess and play armchair psychologist. I might be too unhealthy to type.

My Fi and Fe are almost on the same level according to the test too. Is it possible that my Fe is so high (a.k.a. sympathizing with people and trying to make them feel more comfortable in social situations) simply because i've been though way too much sh#t and can therefore sympathize with many people's terrible experiences since I've personally experienced them too and not because i'm usually super naturally inclined to help other people and always take their feelings into account (which definitely isn't the case)?

This would indicate my Fi being much higher than my Fe than what the test results show and that I'm blocking out more usage of Fi from my consciousness without realizing it (as in not spending too much time thinking about my moral values, how situations affect me, how i personally feel about things and what my beliefs are) because of way too much trauma. But this doesn't explain my high Ti and Ne.

All i know for sure is that i am an INTx of some sort. I cannot relate to the description of feeling and sensory types at all. As well as to types that have an extroverted function of some sort as their dominant function (and yes, i know that the difference between I/E often hardly has anything to do with introversion and extroversion as we know it).

ETA: I'm still in my late teens too. Having so many different functions developed most likely stems from abuse and learning how to adapt and cope for the sake of survival, not because i'm a matured adult that has developed functions that usually don't match their type. And yes, i'm older than 18 years old.

·
Registered
INTJ subs: entj, istj, infj
475 Posts
Cognitive function tests are not recommended for beginners. How can you use your Se to find other tests/methods more suitable?

·
Registered
475 Posts
The best tests are the ones who test you in flow state and when you don't feel stressed between two answers.

I agreed that cognitive function tests was discussed somewhere as unreliable for some (esp. if you use a foreign language) but I don't remember where. Try those tests instead in the spoiler.

Also
"– INTJs often mistype as INTPs or ENTJs"

Discover Your True Personality Type (Free Test Included!)

The most reliable test for beginner is personalitymax (200 questions)

My favourite is this one because it helps to determine subtypes

You can also determine your type with self study

Read This If You Can’t Figure Out Your MBTI

Authority belongs to those who can do. The experts from all the above links can do it, and esp. for beginners.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The best tests are the ones who test you in flow state and when you don't feel stressed between two answers.

I agreed that cognitive function tests was discussed somewhere as unreliable for some (esp. if you use a foreign language) but I don't remember where. Try those tests instead in the spoiler.

Also
"– INTJs often mistype as INTPs or ENTJs"

Discover Your True Personality Type (Free Test Included!)

The most reliable test for beginner is personalitymax (200 questions)

My favourite is this one because it helps to determine subtypes

You can also determine your type with self study

Read This If You Can’t Figure Out Your MBTI

Authority belongs to those who can do. The experts from all the above links can do it, and esp. for beginners.
I got an "Intellectual Advisor" (INTP) on the neojungiantypology test, an "INTP, Engineer, Intellectual, Introverted, Intuitive, Logical, Musical, Visual, Left-brained" on the Personality Max test and and an "INTJ strategist" from the psychologyjunkie test. And the psychologyjunkie one was the least detailed and the shortest.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I got an "Intellectual Advisor" (INTP) on the neojungiantypology test, an "INTP, Engineer, Intellectual, Introverted, Intuitive, Logical, Musical, Visual, Left-brained" on the Personality Max test and and an "INTJ strategist" from the psychologyjunkie test. And the psychologyjunkie one was the least detailed and the shortest.
Sounds like you are operating like a stereotypical INTP right now since Personality Max and Neojungian Typology are some of the most reliable tests. Personality Max being the most reliable I can think of.

Self studying your type is also important since unhealthiness might play a key role.

Mind you could also be an immature INTJ, I wonder if I wouldn't have typed INTP in my teens?

We'll keep you on this forum but we gona have to call you "in-for-the-kill" with this avatar, ie. La Roux is also INTP left-brain musical (a Phlegmatic-Choleric INTP):

La Roux - In For The Kill (Official Video)

Out of curiosity, how about Greek humour temperament, see below link?

Do you feel more Phlegmatic-Choleric / Phlegmatic-Melancholic or Melancholy-Choleric / Melancholy-Phlegmatic-Choleric?

INTP is typically Phlegmatic-Choleric or Phlegmatic-Melancholic
INTJ is typically Melancholy-Choleric and Melancholy-Phlegmatic-Choleric

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds like you are operating like a stereotypical INTP right now since Personality Max and Neojungian Typology are some of the most reliable tests. Personality Max being the most reliable I can think of.

Self studying your type is also important since unhealthiness might play a key role.

Mind you could also be an immature INTJ, I wonder if I wouldn't have typed INTP in my teens?

We'll keep you on this forum but we gona have to call you "in-for-the-kill" with this avatar, ie. La Roux is also INTP left-brain musical (a Phlegmatic-Choleric INTP):

La Roux - In For The Kill (Official Video)

Out of curiosity, how about Greek humour temperament, see below link?

Do you feel more Phlegmatic-Choleric / Phlegmatic-Melancholic or Melancholy-Choleric / Melancholy-Phlegmatic-Choleric?

INTP is typically Phlegmatic-Choleric or Phlegmatic-Melancholic
INTJ is typically Melancholy-Choleric and Melancholy-Phlegmatic-Choleric
I’d say Melancholy-Phlegmatic-Chloeric. But you said “typically”. I suppose being both an INTP and M-P-C is possible, just more rare? Maybe I’m an INTJ, I really don’t know. I relate to both types way too much.

·
Registered
475 Posts
You type as INTP but that's also the most '(Stereo)type You Think You Were In Your Teenage Phase' as reported on PDB:

The Melancholy-Phlegmatic-Chloeric is primarily Melancholy in temperament, see below link. I can be wrong but I do see the INTP as primarily Phlegmatic and the INTJ as primarily Melancholy in temperament.

For instance Candia Ridley and Annie Clark are Melancholy-Phlegmatic-Chloeric INTJs while Jodie Foster is Melancholy-Chloeric INTJ.

In the whole animal kingdom what are your 3 favourite animals in order of preferences? And why for each?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You type as INTP but that's also the most '(Stereo)type You Think You Were In Your Teenage Phase' as reported on PDB:

The Melancholy-Phlegmatic-Chloeric is primarily Melancholy in temperament, see below link. I can be wrong but I do see the INTP as primarily Phlegmatic and the INTJ as primarily Melancholy in temperament.

For instance Candia Ridley and Annie Clark are Melancholy-Phlegmatic-Chloeric INTJs while Jodie Foster is Melancholy-Chloeric INTJ.

In the whole animal kingdom what are your 3 favourite animals in order of preferences? And why for each?
1. Foxes - they mostly rely on their sharp mind to survive and garner resources.
2. Crows - they’re future-oriented, recognise human faces and they can actually communicate complex concepts with other crows.
3. Dolphins - they’re capable of social interaction and complex problem-solving. They have the ability to not only learn as individuals, but also pass their knowledge onto others.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts