Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have taken multiple personality tests online, and about two thirds of the time i score as an INTP, and the remaining third as an INFP. After reading descriptions on the two personality types, and differences between the two, i am still unsure as to which fits me best as I seem to possess traits of both. For instance, like INTPs, i love to argue and debate, and am convinced only by rational arguments. In order for me to accept an idea, it has to make logical sense. personal perception or emotions are not enough to lead me to accept something as i strive for the truth and what is actually possible. i have a tendency to explore different philosophical possibilities, and to view them objectively. i view my own feelings and opinions to be no more valid than those of anyone else in the world of reason. however, i hate math as i feel it lacks practical significance to me. like INFPs, I often take things personally and constantly struggle to define myself. i am conscious of the feelings of others, and yearn to use my objective reasoning and philosophical thoughts to settle conflict between people, among other things. i find that it is only logical to consider the emotions and ideas of others in order to do this. i also think alot about the human race and its direction and how it can be improved.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i dont know if this will help, but here is a list of some of my interests:
writing
reading (mostly science fiction)
politics
philosophy
music
psychology
drawing
geology

politically, i consider myself a libertarian, and religiously, an agnostic.

·
Registered
196 Posts
By your description, it seems likely that you're an INTP. Dominant Ti and inferior Fe seems to be present, but perhaps you could answer the twenty questions in the 'Type Me Form'-sticky and post them in this thread. It would give a better idea of your way of thinking. INTP's don't have to love or even like math. I know I don't. It's nothing but a tool to me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts