Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently became interested in personality types and took 3 personality tests. 2 of them described me as an INTJ; one as an ISTJ. However I can't identify with either of these. I feel I identify more with the INTP criteria than anything else.

INTJ's are apparently are supposed to be very determined and confident. However I am neither, I suppose I could be but I am so lazy. With ISTJ I think I misunderstood the questions. When the questionnaire asked me about making lists and being organized; I guess I answered yes because I would like to make lists and be more organized. However I am the most un-organized person in the world. I have an amazing plan in my head as to what I want my room to look like, I would like sticky labels over everything and colour code my closet but I am so lazy. Also I am constantly shaping my plans on organizing my room; and always keep thinking better ways to do it. I don't want to stick to a particular plan because I know I will eventually have a much better plan the next day :dry: or so I like to tell myself.

Recently my Christian studies teacher asked us a question ,would you shoot a plane carrying 100 passengers to save an entire city. When he asked me I started to counter question him like if the plane hits the city how many people would be killed? What are the chances of passengers surviving if the plane does crash? Is there any other way to divert the plane and stop the crash? He told me I was being a time waster. But I don't understand how I am expected to make a full decision without knowing all the details. Nonetheless I feel this is an ISTJ trait since aren't they interested in concrete facts?

Also my friend got offended at me when somehow we arrived at a discussion on artificial wombs. She was joking about how in the future babies might be grown in plastic bottles. I told her it was infeasible; but then I started to speculate various ideas about how babies might be grown in plastic bottles. And she told me I should be ashamed of thinking this but I wasn't even trying to offend. I thought INTP's like to think hence this is an INTP trait.

Sometimes I feel I have either Aspergers, ADHD or Schizoid disorder Could it be that I am just an INTP

·
Registered
217 Posts
I recently became interested in personality types and took 3 personality tests. 2 of them described me as an INTJ; one as an ISTJ. However I can't identify with either of these. I feel I identify more with the INTP criteria than anything else.
Take the cognitive functions test Keys 2 Cognition - Cognitive Processes

MBTI is far more than 4 letters, if you truly want to understand, do a bit of research. Understanding the 8 Jungian Cognitive Processes (8 Functions)

INTJ's are apparently are supposed to be very determined and confident. However I am neither, I suppose I could be but I am so lazy. With ISTJ I think I misunderstood the questions. When the questionnaire asked me about making lists and being organized; I guess I answered yes because I would like to make lists and be more organized. However I am the most un-organized person in the world.
It's better to answer as you are, not as you want to be. Otherwise your test results will be nothing more than an idealized version of yourself, not your actual self. Figure out your actual type then work on developing into what you want to be from there.

I have an amazing plan in my head as to what I want my room to look like, I would like sticky labels over everything and colour code my closet but I am so lazy. Also I am constantly shaping my plans on organizing my room; and always keep thinking better ways to do it. I don't want to stick to a particular plan because I know I will eventually have a much better plan the next day :dry: or so I like to tell myself.
This paragraph is very INTP-ish.

Recently my Christian studies teacher asked us a question ,would you shoot a plane carrying 100 passengers to save an entire city. When he asked me I started to counter question him like if the plane hits the city how many people would be killed? What are the chances of passengers surviving if the plane does crash? Is there any other way to divert the plane and stop the crash? He told me I was being a time waster.
I'm becoming more and more convinced that you're an INTP.

Also my friend got offended at me when somehow we arrived at a discussion on artificial wombs. She was joking about how in the future babies might be grown in plastic bottles. I told her it was infeasible; but then I started to speculate various ideas about how babies might be grown in plastic bottles. And she told me I should be ashamed of thinking this but I wasn't even trying to offend. I thought INTP's like to think hence this is an INTP trait.
I think ISTJ is out the window now, they are very concerned with remaining 'appropriate' and defer to traditional standards of thought and action. I certainly think you're an NT at this point, leaning most towards INTP.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why haven't you considered ISTP?
There is something about them that doesn't resonate with me. The ability to follow through tasks, enjoying physical things. That's not me. I enjoy thinking about things; I am a procrastinator. I suck at crisis situations. I hate risks. I enjoy discussing things like principles behind stuff, even philosophical issues; which apparently they don't.

Also I am apparently not the most loyal kind of person. I suck at personal relationships which again apparently they don't.

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
From what you have said so far, I would say that you are most likely INTP. But if you want to know for sure, follow @seiei's advice and study up on the cognitive functions. This will give you a better idea of where you sit on the MBTI scale.

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
You do sound more INTP

Recently my Christian studies teacher asked us a question ,would you shoot a plane carrying 100 passengers to save an entire city. When he asked me I started to counter question him like if the plane hits the city how many people would be killed? What are the chances of passengers surviving if the plane does crash? Is there any other way to divert the plane and stop the crash? He told me I was being a time waster. But I don't understand how I am expected to make a full decision without knowing all the details. Nonetheless I feel this is an ISTJ trait since aren't they interested in concrete facts?
For me this is an easy decision. Shooting the plane down minimizes the loss of life so it's the right decision. Chances are they won't survive the crash. Nobody survived the crashes on 9/11 because they were done at high-speed for maximum destruction.

Now actually pulling the trigger is another matter! Still ethically and logically it seems clear.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Yea, you seem INTP. But learn about the cognitive functions and see which ones you identify with. The tests fail hard sometimes, self-analysis is the best way. ISTJ are Si dominants, INTJ are Ni dominants and INTP are Ti dominants.

·
Banned
1,958 Posts
You also need to realize that not every INTP is the same.

For example, I am an INTP with abnormally developed Se. Sometimes its better than my Si is. My Ti is still my dom and my Ne is still very apparent.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts