Personality Cafe banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So some tests (including the one on this site) say that I am an INFP. Others say that I am an INTP with the T and P being close to the midpoint. Can anyone help me with this?

My INTP traits:
  • I am pretty messy.
  • I don't understand some people's feelings as they seem to be rather pointless. The typical word for that seems to be "irrational".
  • I analyze a lot indeed.
  • I'm a huge fan of logic and rationality.
  • I refuse to sympathize for people who are literally crying their eyes out over some thing completely unimportant and/or expected/predictable.
  • I show my feelings very rarely.
  • I seem to be bad at making people feel better, but I'm good at arguing and will stand for something I believe in until the argument becomes irrational and/or the opposition starts fighting back with things like "whatever". In which case I get pissed off, but don't show it.
  • I have trouble showing gentility physically whether I try or not.

My INFP traits:
  • I sympathize for every living organism (even plants). In fact, the only organisms that I might have trouble feeling bad for are humans because they often ask for what they get and are often the ones hurting themselves.
  • I'm artistic.
  • I'm very emotional on the inside, however never show it.
  • I trust my feelings often even though I also often doubt and reanalyze them.
  • I believe that feelings are important and am extremely sympathetic.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the responses Thrifty Walrus, L4NkYb, and Angel1412kaitou! :happy:

I'm sure that I'm an INXX. I see a lot of INTPs complaining about being apathetic. Do they mean that they can't feel at all, or do they just mean that they're unable to show their feelings? I seem to be somewhere in the middle of F/T and P/J.

I think that my T is just slightly overpowering the F, for I consider feelings important, yet I also consider that one should not show them in public as they're uncontrollable. I'm much more serious around different people, and I'm only comfortable around family. I'm never completely comfortable around others; as a result I come off as too serious, while I'm really not serious at all when I'm alone or around family.

That brings me to the J and P. I'm an extreme P when I'm alone and an extreme J when I'm around people. Does that mean that I'm really P? Because I can organize well when I think I should, but unless I'm at school, work, etc. I'm a pure P. If plans have to be made I become a J. I like to be in control of myself. So, which am I?

I think I use Fe.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Your description of Ne vs. Ni is good, but not detailed so I did some research (if you can call it that) and I've come to the conclusion that I am indeed an Ne. What's next?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.