Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey

I've taken many personality tests and it seems to vary between ISFP, INFP, ENFP and INTP. Although I have quite a few ISFP and INFP traits (some ENFP too), I don't think I relate to them as well as INTP's. My ennegram type is 5. If anything, I think that I tend to act like an ENFP because it's 'easier' (if you understand what I mean).

Here's some things about me:

- I'm always late (easily distracted).
- Incredibly disorganised (in every aspect).
- I have a sense of humour but I love to debate. I like to give my opinion as well as listen to other people's opinions (as long as their opinion has a basis).
- I dislike fiction but can read a lot of non-fiction "just for the sake of it".
- When it comes to studying, I procrastinate and do everything last minute.
- I'm always questioning everything.
- I hate poor grammar; I always feel a need to correct it.
- I dislike parties. I can go to a party and enjoy it but I want to be on my own after awhile.
- I'm outgoing around people I know well and am quite confident in situations I know well. However, with new people and new situations, I am nervous and tend to withdraw.
- I dislike working in groups. It's not that I dislike people, it's just that I like to work independently. I want to do it my way and my way only (although I am not a bossy person). If I have to work in a group, I usually assign myself a task and do it independently.
- I'm very impatient. I hate waiting for anything. When I want something, I want it now.
- I have no set goals. To me, there's too much in this world to just decide on one - or few - thing/s. I always find that there is something new to learn.
- I used to like drawing, painting and creating in general when I was younger and I even took art and design in highschool, but I disliked it as I grew older; I hate being told what to draw/paint/create, how to draw/paint/create it etc.
- I hate criticism. It makes me cry, lol
- I hate liars and people who are 'two faced'; I'm honest (usually too honest) and if I have something to say, I will say it.
- I plan my actions but cannot plan anything else, eg: keeping a calendar of dates etc. Even if I did plan anything, it wouldn't work out anyway.

Can't really think of anything else to put and I think it's already long [and boring] enough. :)
-

·
Registered
495 Posts
Woah. I'm actually the first visitor of this post besides you *feels special :3*

Anyway!
I recognize some INTP traits in you.
For example, the Chameleon effect of it being 'easier' to act like an ENFP; we INTP are great at acting like our peers to make life easier. A lot of the things you mentioned, though, seem to be P-type aspects; so they aren't very helpful in discerning whether you're an ISFP, INFP, ENFP or INTP.
Have you taken the cognitive functions test before? They are quite helpful, in my opinion.
I kinda sense you're T-dom, but I'm not sure (which is why those test might be helpful).

But yeah, I'm pretty bad at typing people, so don't take my word for it :).

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Woah. I'm actually the first visitor of this post besides you *feels special :3*

Anyway!
I recognize some INTP traits in you.
For example, the Chameleon effect of it being 'easier' to act like an ENFP; we INTP are great at acting like our peers to make life easier. A lot of the things you mentioned, though, seem to be P-type aspects; so they aren't very helpful in discerning whether you're an ISFP, INFP, ENFP or INTP.
Have you taken the cognitive functions test before? They are quite helpful, in my opinion.
I kinda sense you're T-dom, but I'm not sure (which is why those test might be helpful).

But yeah, I'm pretty bad at typing people, so don't take my word for it :).
Thanks for such a quick reply. :)

I took the cognitive test once and one of them (it says three different ones) was INTP but I can't remember the other two. I remember it saying that my extroverted sensing was 'poorly developed' :p

I'm going to retake it and post my results :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just re-took the cognitive test and I got stuck on the end question, "Are you an introvert or an extrovert?" It seems like I can be both but I think my inclination is to be an introvert.

My 2 results were:

ENTP
INTJ
INTP

INFP
INFJ
ENFP

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
I would say you're a:

P (disorganized and procrastinate)
I (prefer to work alone, be independent)
T (F's only tend to be extremely careful with grammar when they also have a J element, also your questioning and non-fiction reading.)

Your chosen PerC name suggests S to me.

It's possible you're young and still developing your personality. This might also account for your name. I could be wrong here, but I can't imagine any INTP willingly associating themselves with Barbie on any level. Barbie with a twist? Isn't that how her head comes off? :) I used to cut Barbie's hair into punk styles then leave the heads behind the furniture so I wouldn't get in trouble. Then I'd go about taking radios apart.

I think you're an ISTP.

Then - you said your sensing didn't come up highly.

I also wondered if you were INFJ because of your distaste of two-facedness (combined with some other characteristics). Then again - they're not usually disorganized (even if they can be procrastinators). I think NT's in general prefer justice and straight shooting communication.

You're a walking contradiction. ;) Perhaps you do not have strong traits, which is why there appears to be a mix here.

About your results - I'm not sure how there are so many. Perhaps a good test to take is on similar minds. The dude who made the site is apparently an INTP, so if you're an INTP the questions will sit fairly well with you.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for your responses. I don't think my choice of username is appropriate for deciding my personality type. The reason why it was chosen is because a lot of people assume that I'm a typical girl, which perhaps in terms of aesthetics is true, but I do not have the qualities which a 'Barbie' (supposedly) has in terms of actual personality, likes and dislikes, etc. What is an INTP nickname? lol

·
Registered
190 Posts
You seem to prefer the company of a smaller group of friends and if you have to be alone after a lot of socializing then I'm going to say I for sure. A lot of the disorganization you mention sounds very much like a P to me. Your intuition seems to be extroverted, which would make you always be looking at different possibilities to things around you. The feeling vs thinking is something you have to be very honest with yourself about, sometimes we want to be "Thinkers" because it sounds like you are smart, but remember this has nothing to do with being smart, an INTP can be as much an idiot as anyone. Do you make most of your decisions based on logic or do you follow your heart most of the time?

But overall none of us can really tell you what you are, you need to study the functions and decide which ones best describe you. Are you an Introverted feeler who mostly thinks about your own feelings and doing things that please you? Or are you an extroverted feeler that is always thinking about the feelings of others and trying to do things for others? Are you an introverted thinker who thinks everything in your brain and then communicate it or are you an extroverted thinker that kind of needs to either talk or write things down to think?

I'm still learning about all this stuff and I know I have a lot to learn yet so take everything I say with a grain of salt. . . or 2. . . or 3.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You seem to prefer the company of a smaller group of friends and if you have to be alone after a lot of socializing then I'm going to say I for sure. A lot of the disorganization you mention sounds very much like a P to me. Your intuition seems to be extroverted, which would make you always be looking at different possibilities to things around you. The feeling vs thinking is something you have to be very honest with yourself about, sometimes we want to be "Thinkers" because it sounds like you are smart, but remember this has nothing to do with being smart, an INTP can be as much an idiot as anyone. Do you make most of your decisions based on logic or do you follow your heart most of the time?

But overall none of us can really tell you what you are, you need to study the functions and decide which ones best describe you. Are you an Introverted feeler who mostly thinks about your own feelings and doing things that please you? Or are you an extroverted feeler that is always thinking about the feelings of others and trying to do things for others? Are you an introverted thinker who thinks everything in your brain and then communicate it or are you an extroverted thinker that kind of needs to either talk or write things down to think?

I'm still learning about all this stuff and I know I have a lot to learn yet so take everything I say with a grain of salt. . . or 2. . . or 3.
That post was actually very helpful, thank you. Yes, I'm definitely a perceiver. In fact, the results said I was 89% perceiving (I think that's quite high?). Decision making depends on the situation in which a decision has to be made. I find logic to be helpful because I cannot always trust my feelings and making decisions only on feelings isn't always best. At the same time, I do use my feelings to indicate decisions a lot. I usually base my decisions with consideration for others. I'm not comfortable with doing things for the purpose of myself and myself only. I like to think within my mind but I also like to talk about it. If I'm thinking something, I usually want to share it (especially if I have an idea or just want/need to express my emotions).

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think NT's in general prefer justice and straight shooting communication.

You're a walking contradiction. ;) Perhaps you do not have strong traits, which is why there appears to be a mix here.

About your results - I'm not sure how there are so many. Perhaps a good test to take is on similar minds. The dude who made the site is apparently an INTP, so if you're an INTP the questions will sit fairly well with you.
I do prefer justice and dislike 'small talk' but I also believe in mercy and forgiveness.

Maybe so. Is it just called 'similarminds'?

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Well I wouldn't call that a problem, I'd call it the best of all worlds.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
How old are you (approx.)?

Reactions: qingdom
1 - 20 of 33 Posts