Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
15,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never thought that 3w2 was a possibility because I don't relate to type 2 at all while I share some things in common with type 4. But the more I read, the more I relate.

I'm interested in figuring out the general differences between a 3w4 and an introverted 3w2. Can an sp/sx 3w2 exist? It seems like all internet descriptions of a 3w2 have them as extroverted, charming people with great social skills.

I don't feel like typing out a questionnaire just for this question, so I'll just write out some things I relate to from both wings. Sorry if this is stereotypical or whatever. I'm sure I have 3 in my tritype, I just want to figure out which wing.

3w2
~ I'm more driven by other people than myself. While I do compete against myself sometimes, I prefer and am more compelled to compete against others, even when it's not necessary.
~ I'm not very career-driven. Most of my 3 concerns revolve around how other people see me rather than how successful I am job-wise. I'm not very hardworking although I try to appear that way.
~ I don't think people would consider me to seem very "professional" nor do people seem to be particularly intimidated by me.
~ I want to be admired by everyone if possible, even if they don't really matter to me. I'd rather be liked for who I am (or how I present myself I guess) than what I do.

3w4
~ I've mistyped as a 4 before, and I find great importance in making sure I stand out from others with my uniqueness rather than following trends, I'm definitely an individualist.
~ I am very self-aware and I take a lot of alone time to sort things out and plan my courses of action. I'm pretty aloof and do put myself over my relationships with other people.
~ I don't relate to 2 at all, I'm not very helpful unless I consider you a friend or want to be closer to you (which is extremely rare).

Not sure which wing
~ I constantly feel the need to compare myself to others.
~ I'm not particularly flashy, however I don't like to keep quiet about my successes. I tend to humblebrag.

·
Registered
ENTP 3w4 so/sx
2,889 Posts
3w4s are typically not intimidating. They’re focused on being outstanding in a 4-ish unique sort of way. 3w2 is 3 with a dash of 2. More of an indiscriminate desire to help others. 3w2 sp/sx is rare but possible. Think R Kelly and Paul McCartney as examples of 3w2 sp/sx. 3w4 sp/sx is more like Kobe Bryant, Kanye West, or Christian Bale.

·
Registered
ISFJ 6w7 sp/so
27,953 Posts
3w4s are typically not intimidating. They’re focused on being outstanding in a 4-ish unique sort of way. 3w2 is 3 with a dash of 2. More of an indiscriminate desire to help others. 3w2 sp/sx is rare but possible. Think R Kelly and Paul McCartney as examples of 3w2 sp/sx. 3w4 sp/sx is more like Kobe Bryant, Kanye West, or Christian Bale.
Yeah, Christian Bale :yeah:

okay sorry, I'm just a fan :tongue:

Reactions: Jaune

·
Banned
1,812 Posts
Frankly, you've always come across sort of 4-esque. When you typed 4w3 briefly, you made a really decent argument for being a 4 in my thread talking about nature and nurture. I'd put my bets on 3w4 because of that. Outside of that though, I have little information to really back up this conclusion so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

·
Registered
Infp 6w5
2,771 Posts
I agree on 3w4.
2 is more about helping people and seeing oneself as selfless. 4's can also be very driven by envy which causes them to view others as competition. The 4 here is very strong to say the least, lol.

Reactions: Jaune
1 - 6 of 6 Posts