Personality Cafe banner

41 - 60 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
6,850 Posts
A good example of an Ni-dom director is Darren Aronofsky. The end of "The Fountain" is pure Ni.
YES.

That entire movie is so Ni. (Who was I discussing that with lately?? Was it you? LOL)

The entire Hannibal series is Ni -- Ni characters, Ni conversations, Ni/Se aesthetics throughout. Loved their conversations about well tailored person suits. I laughed when one reviewer said it was basically snotty intellectualism / had no substance -- it did, but they didn't understand the weight and gravity of the conversations.

Idk. In my head? I dont know what Ni is and you said that we can't explain it so how would you know what it is and how would anyone know except Ni users? But i want to be SEI so thanks :)
I know what it is. I know it when I see it. I'm just not sure how to translate years of research / exploration of what Ni is and what it does into written words.

You strike me as low level TiNe -- wanting to bounce ideas about your type off other people and get their input on it. I think the suggestions of INTP for you are a bit ridiculous considering your prioritize relationship dynamics (romance!!) over impartial systems.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
YES.

That entire movie is so Ni. (Who was I discussing that with lately?? Was it you? LOL)

The entire Hannibal series is Ni -- Ni characters, Ni conversations, Ni/Se aesthetics throughout. Loved their conversations about well tailored person suits. I laughed when one reviewer said it was basically snotty intellectualism / had no substance -- it did, but they didn't understand the weight and gravity of the conversations.

I know what it is. I know it when I see it. I'm just not sure how to translate years of research / exploration of what Ni is and what it does into written words.

You strike me as low level TiNe -- wanting to bounce ideas about your type off other people and get their input on it. I think the suggestions of INTP for you are a bit ridiculous considering your prioritize relationship dynamics (romance!!) over impartial systems.
Whenever im around my boyfriend who is entp i feel like he brings the Ne out of me so that makes sense. And yeah I used to think i was a thinker for a while since i don't really fit in with the girls i know, and im terribly bad at making deep( not superficial) connections with friends (and i consider myself smarter than most of them, i know that being a thinker doesnt equal being smart but that's how i thought atm :))
And if im isfj that makes us duals aw

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Funky MBTI in Fiction, I ADORE that blog. It's what finally helped me understand cognitive functions.
Sorry but most of the things on that blog just make me cringe XD (most of the typings that I've read are very wrong)
I don't find the description really accurate. It doesn't describe the functions but rather just different mindsets that don't have anything to do with MBTI -> you can prove me wrong if you want, I'm open for discussions
The thing about my memory is this: I can remember impressions and imagery and feeling a well but not specifics. Example, when I brought my dog home. I love my dog dearly and I remember how she reacted when she first got home. I remember a vision of being in my brother's truck sitting in the back with my dad driving and my brother in the passenger seat and it was sunny when we traveled to pick her up. But that's about it. I remember when I laid eyes on her for the first time, how I cried because we bonded so instantly. But for the life of me, I don't remember what year it was or what day or anything. I know it was in August because I have a memory of asking my father when we did. My dad was an ISFJ, his memory was impeccable. But I can't tell you more than that.
What's even worse? I don't even remember what day it was that my father passed. I know it was around the 20th of July? I have no concept of time. I think it's only been three years since he passed. My mom and sister however know exactly how long it has been and what day it was. I can't remember dates to save my life and I can literally do things like forget where I set my keys. I swear I had them in my hand just five minutes ago.....

Lol!
These two statements really scream Si to me. You always have to remember that an INFJ also has this inferior Se-thing going on. They'll still have a very selective attention span and their Se isn't really developed but it's one of the valued functions and that's what counts. Se is actually really good at remembering sensory details. When I went on a seaside stroll in Malta with an ISFP-friend, he started to talk about how interesting it is that there are little stickers with christian symbols everywhere on lamp posts and cars. Up to that point, I hadn't seen a single one.

As a person who values Si on the other hand, I have no idea about the stickers anymore, a veeeery faint idea about the order in which we visited places but mostly the impressions that I had. I remember that we were in the old capital and there was a stand where a guy sold sweets. It was a really hot day and I was kind of hungry but the atmosphere was still very pleasant. It's really hard to describe Si-experiences. I basically understand it as "the feeling that you get when you think about an event in the past". That's an impression. And Si creates those.

Ni also takes in information and processes it but the results are different. You also get some kind of "impression" but it's not of a concrete thing but about the future. Basically, if we compare Ne and Ni, Ne takes in all the possibilities as raw data and explores each of them with a judging function. Ni takes in only the impression of these present possibilities and you get a feeling about which possibility will really be relevant.

Another thing for the time-thingy: I've heard an interesting thing about that. "Ni has a timeline. It can go chronologically from the big bang, to the dinosaurs, to the modern age, to the future, just in a person's head. Ne can zoom out. It goes from the room, to the planet, to the solar system with all its moving parts, to the galaxy, just in the person's head"

Now a bit more for the concrete typing:
Now, I'm NOT one to take off without any sort of planning (which tells me I'm not IxFP like I used to think I was.)
I'm an ENTP, plan many things that I do and hate being unprepared. Percievers aren't always running into the unknown with open arms.

Number 3 could maaaybe be a bit Ni-ish but not really.

Eeeeeh, I don't know. Some parts really seem Ni-ish, some seem Si-ish, but I see no clear evidence for any of the types.

Another thing is that ISFJs can quite often be not really introverted at all. They tend to like people and don't have much trouble in social interaction while some INFJs are extremely hesitant to even talk to other people.

ISFJs also really love to use their Ne. so they can easily come off as INxPs. They are also easy to spont when they are in the grip of their inferior functions since they see a lot of dangers and bad things around them and get very pessimistic about the future.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Si is not what most people think it is, nor what most people attribute it to.

And again, I offer you a way to start abstracting, I invite you to show me Intuitive -- and you don't.

I'm thinking... sensor.

Do you start abstracting / conceptually-driven conversations or do others pull you into them?

When and if you do so, what are these conceptually driven conversations about?

You talk about loving abstract things, but what IS abstraction to you?
Yeah, you're probably right. Last night, I had a friend, I'm uncertain of his type, started RANDOMLY talking to me in what I deem as abstractions. "Are you a flowing, changing being or one who encourages self suffering by resisting with a set of patterns and restricted beliefs?" Then he sputtered some stuff along the lines of Buddhism. I understood him, but it was irritating to me. That goes deeper though, as he proceeded to tell me about how I was living my life all wrong because I haven't converted to Veganism yet and I started to get pissed which has nothing to do with much. But yeah, that would likely indicate Sensing as I have zero tolerance for nonsense sometimes.

But, I can lead conversations about those strange things that I aforementioned, but as you stated, they're not exactly specifically abstract concepts.

As far as what abstractions mean to me, isn't abstraction itself subjective? Can one truly say what's an abstract concept and what's not? Because that's what abstraction is, something entirely unknown, unseen, and therefore can change form depending on the eyes that see it and the mouth that speaks it. In a very basic definition, abstraction is what cannot be seen. Someone may deem, say, the subject of dragons as an abstract, whereas someone might say gravity is abstract because it can't be seen. Another might be, "Why are humans so drawn to create something, only to see it destroyed when it becomes useless?" The answer to this is unclear, open for debate, and has no real answer. It is unseen and non-tangible.. That, my friend, is an abstraction in my opinion. My sister thinks I'm abstract because I think deeply about things like the afterlife, but you think that this is not an abstract concept. Once again, I repeat, abstract is just that and it will change depending on the person.
It's almost funny, really, how the definition of abstract is abstract. Can even lean on being a paradox. Heheheh...

Bolded is Fe. Fi doesn't really care that much if other people aren't interested when it gets excited about talking about its interests. (Cue me not listening to FP friend going on for hours about stuff she loves and I don't, and her literally not noticing that I'm zoned out.)
See, now, I used to be really bad at this. I once recall trying to get a friend to be as into my new video game as I was. But she was not having it. I saw she wasn't interested. But I didn't give a shit until she ratted me out to my sister who made me quit and do what she wanted which angered me beyond all measure. I would get told I needed to do what my friend wanted when they were over, but ugh, I didn't want to. I'm somewhat better about this now obviously, because I don't want to be a rude person, but it still irritates me. I can see when a person is zoning out to me but I don't quit because it disinterests them, but rather because they've offended me. And I probably won't be hanging out with that person again :) :) :) :) Bye Felicia.

She's a Heart Enneagram. 2 maybe. I know an ISFJ just like her. I also know some cold, withdrawn, do not touch me ISFJs.
That's more me. It depends. I may want a hug, or I may stab you if you touch me when I'm upset. Depends on my mood flux :) :) :) :)

Thomas Cromwell in WOLF HALL is most likely an Enneagram 9 INTJ. You can be a 9 and be a feeler, or you can be a 9 and be a thinker. Enneagram doesn't indicate Feeler or Thinker in MBTI.

Again, I relate. I tap in much easier to entertainment than real people, although I do admit that when a friend told he she had to put her dog to sleep, I cried. Because it was sad. I imagined how she felt. I know what it's like to lose a pet. But knowing how to comfort her with more than just hand-patting and I'm sorry? That is not my area of expertise, I'm afraid.

That last line encompasses me in a nutshell.

(For the record, I type as ISFJ... but a few friends are convinced I'm INTP. =P)
My best friend's father actually just passed away and I've lost my father very unexpectedly too. But I didn't cry with her. She called me on the phone, on the verge of tears (she's a very hardened person, but this did her in obviously)
I mostly just listened to her, and I briefly mentioned that I know what it was like to lose a father. Especially since both of us were very close to our dads, I almost suspect that's why she came to me. She knew I'd understand. But, I didn't want to be selfish or pretend like I knew exactly what she was feeling, because I don't. Her dad died of cancer, mine of sudden heart attack. He died in a hospital right before her eyes, I found mine dead on the floor in my home. While close, our relationships with our fathers were still different. I cried with my family when my dad died, because they all were going through the same thing as me and had the same perception/relationship with him as I did. My friend? No. I also didn't know her father very well and I felt it would be selfish of me to cry over him.
While on the subject of my dad, the funeral was hell for me for this reason: people coddling me and those who barely knew my dad crying when they looked at me. I knew I shouldn't have been like that, but it felt fake. Now, when my dad's coworkers cried I cried with them because they actually DID know my dad well. When they talked about him I would cry, because yup, they spot-on described my father.
I can strongly relate to Fi in the sense that if I haven't been through something, it's hard for me to relate. I'm more sympathetic to those who have lost pets now, because I had to see three put down in the last couple of years.

Also, this is totally unrelated to MBTI most likely, or it could be a key, I hate kids. Why? I can't relate to them and have no experience with them because I was basically an only child (siblings are 20+ years older than me) I was also very mature for my age. I wasn't like most kids. Animals, though? Love them. This bewilders my sister, who literally can't grasp how I can't be sensitive to them (or anyone for that fact.)

I'm inclined to say Sensor, overall. ISFX. There were a few times I got a sense of Se from you, but I don't know.
If you don't mind my asking, in what ways specifically did you see Se (Hehehe.. "see Se")

Also, I do appreciate you taking the time to deal with my exhaustible nature and helping me. I'm persistent persistent. :p

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Again, where's the Ni in anything you say?
I can 100% relate to you, Angel, in the fact I grow tired of seeing all these people say they're INFJ and they're not. THAT'S why I'm here. I refuse to be one of those people AND I don't want to be living a lie in anyway.

But I won't take guesswork either. I want proof of my type with no bullshit. I am really about fed up with it in general because I have gotten to where I don't know what's stereotype and what's actually typical of a function. I can't even trust some books on the subject. I'll read some source and have one person say it's credible and the next say it's full of shit. Gah....

Like Ni being super mystical in the sense that it can reveal to you the meaning of life or looking at someone and seeing where their future will be in 20 years. Or Si holding onto everything it's taught and accepts it stupidly. Makes me want to rip my hair out sometimes.

·
Registered
6,850 Posts
Yeah, you're probably right. Last night, I had a friend, I'm uncertain of his type, started RANDOMLY talking to me in what I deem as abstractions. "Are you a flowing, changing being or one who encourages self suffering by resisting with a set of patterns and restricted beliefs?" Then he sputtered some stuff along the lines of Buddhism. I understood him, but it was irritating to me. That goes deeper though, as he proceeded to tell me about how I was living my life all wrong because I haven't converted to Veganism yet and I started to get pissed which has nothing to do with much. But yeah, that would likely indicate Sensing as I have zero tolerance for nonsense sometimes.

But, I can lead conversations about those strange things that I aforementioned, but as you stated, they're not exactly specifically abstract concepts.

As far as what abstractions mean to me, isn't abstraction itself subjective? Can one truly say what's an abstract concept and what's not? Because that's what abstraction is, something entirely unknown, unseen, and therefore can change form depending on the eyes that see it and the mouth that speaks it. In a very basic definition, abstraction is what cannot be seen. Someone may deem, say, the subject of dragons as an abstract, whereas someone might say gravity is abstract because it can't be seen. Another might be, "Why are humans so drawn to create something, only to see it destroyed when it becomes useless?" The answer to this is unclear, open for debate, and has no real answer. It is unseen and non-tangible.. That, my friend, is an abstraction in my opinion. My sister thinks I'm abstract because I think deeply about things like the afterlife, but you think that this is not an abstract concept. Once again, I repeat, abstract is just that and it will change depending on the person.
It's almost funny, really, how the definition of abstract is abstract. Can even lean on being a paradox. Heheheh...
Abstract to me is something intangible -- a concept. Transformation, for example. Transcendence of self into the holistic unity of the universe in order to aspire to a higher plain. Etc.

Like... have you ever seen Hannibal or Game of Thrones?

Hannibal's conversations with his female therapist are completely Ni -- about person suits, and concepts, rarely about facts. Stuff like "You wear a very well tailored person suit," and "You and I speak to one another from behind the veil." That, to me, is Ni-abstraction.

Like:

Bedelia: What have you done, Hannibal?
Hannibal: I've taken off my person suit.
Bedelia: You let them see you.
Hannibal: I let them see enough.

"You cannot function as an agent of friendship for a man who is disconnected from the concept ...as a man who is disconnected from the concept."

"I've had to draw a conclusion based on what I glimpsed through the stitching of the person suit that you wear. And the conclusion I've drawn is that you are dangerous."

Game of Thrones has several Ni's in it -- Melisandre is one, Littlefinger is another, Lord Varys is a third. They too engage in these Ni-concept debates -- talking about the nuances of power, the shifting of the proverbial wind. It's almost never sensory, or personal, or tangible, but they're dealing in high concepts.

Like:
Melisandre: [to Gendry] Death is coming for everyone and everything. The darkness will swallow the dawn.

“Sleep is a little death, dreams the whisperings of the Other, who would drag us all into his eternal night.”

"Death by fire is the purest death."
―Melisandre[src]

"Look to your sins Lord Renly, the night is dark and full of terrors."
―Melisandre to Renly Baratheon[src]

Oh, and my personal favorite Ni-conversation:

Petyr Baelish: "Do you know what the realm is? It's the thousand blades of Aegon's enemies, a story we agree to tell each other over and over until we forget that it's a lie."

Varys: "But what do we have left once we abandon the lie? Chaos, a gaping pit, waiting to swallow us all."

Petyr Baelish: "Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some are given a chance to climb; they cling to the realm or the gods or love. Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is."

See, now, I used to be really bad at this. I once recall trying to get a friend to be as into my new video game as I was. But she was not having it. I saw she wasn't interested. But I didn't give a shit until she ratted me out to my sister who made me quit and do what she wanted which angered me beyond all measure. I would get told I needed to do what my friend wanted when they were over, but ugh, I didn't want to. I'm somewhat better about this now obviously, because I don't want to be a rude person, but it still irritates me. I can see when a person is zoning out to me but I don't quit because it disinterests them, but rather because they've offended me. And I probably won't be hanging out with that person again :) :) :) :) Bye Felicia.

That's more me. It depends. I may want a hug, or I may stab you if you touch me when I'm upset. Depends on my mood flux :) :) :) :)

My best friend's father actually just passed away and I've lost my father very unexpectedly too. But I didn't cry with her. She called me on the phone, on the verge of tears (she's a very hardened person, but this did her in obviously)
I mostly just listened to her, and I briefly mentioned that I know what it was like to lose a father. Especially since both of us were very close to our dads, I almost suspect that's why she came to me. She knew I'd understand. But, I didn't want to be selfish or pretend like I knew exactly what she was feeling, because I don't. Her dad died of cancer, mine of sudden heart attack. He died in a hospital right before her eyes, I found mine dead on the floor in my home. While close, our relationships with our fathers were still different. I cried with my family when my dad died, because they all were going through the same thing as me and had the same perception/relationship with him as I did. My friend? No. I also didn't know her father very well and I felt it would be selfish of me to cry over him.
While on the subject of my dad, the funeral was hell for me for this reason: people coddling me and those who barely knew my dad crying when they looked at me. I knew I shouldn't have been like that, but it felt fake. Now, when my dad's coworkers cried I cried with them because they actually DID know my dad well. When they talked about him I would cry, because yup, they spot-on described my father.
I can strongly relate to Fi in the sense that if I haven't been through something, it's hard for me to relate. I'm more sympathetic to those who have lost pets now, because I had to see three put down in the last couple of years.
Is TeFi off the table?

This sounds Fi, but not necessarily high Fi. More like lower Fi.

Also, this is totally unrelated to MBTI most likely, or it could be a key, I hate kids. Why? I can't relate to them and have no experience with them because I was basically an only child (siblings are 20+ years older than me) I was also very mature for my age. I wasn't like most kids. Animals, though? Love them. This bewilders my sister, who literally can't grasp how I can't be sensitive to them (or anyone for that fact.)
ISTJ?

If you don't mind my asking, in what ways specifically did you see Se (Hehehe.. "see Se")

Also, I do appreciate you taking the time to deal with my exhaustible nature and helping me. I'm persistent persistent. :p
Vague impressions, which are gone now. Too many secondary conversations happening while I procrastinate about working. :p

I dont know. I dont know what Si is and I don't know what Ni is. Because of that i tend to trust outsiders opinions too much (not kitty tho because she doesnt seem like she knows her shit) and now im confused. lol
Confusion is normal. Just calm down and give it time. Learn as you go.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Another thing is that ISFJs can quite often be not really introverted at all. They tend to like people and don't have much trouble in social interaction while some INFJs are extremely hesitant to even talk to other people.
Nope. This is something that I think can be chalked up to the individual. My sister is definitely an ISFJ, but she doesn't give a rat's patootie about hanging out with friends and having fun like I do. I've heard the opposite about INFJ's, they can be masked as an extrovert. This seems like minutia that shouldn't account for type.

I'm an ENTP, plan many things that I do and hate being unprepared. Percievers aren't always running into the unknown with open arms.
Apparently J and P weren't even in Jung's original typology, so....

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
@angelcat apparerently i got IEI from this blind reinin dichotomies (i have no idea what that is) quiz too: http://personalitycafe.com/socionics-forum/747081-reinin-dichotomies-blind-description-test-6.html#post24856658

ill just post it here
IEI, with:

CAREFREE (rather than Farsighted) = Found in normative ENxx's as well, so indicative of a possible "CONTACT" pole of the Contact/Ignoring dichotomy of the DCNH subtype system.
STRATEGIC (rather than Tactical) = Found in normative xNxj's as well, so indicative of a possible "TERMINATING" pole of the Initiating/Terminating dichotomy of the DCNH subtype system.

An introvert with a Contact pole is usually a bit more social than the typical introvert.
An irrational with a Terminating pole is usually a bit more organized than the typical irrational.

Possible DCNH Subtype:

DOMINANT subtype.
A larger “capacity” (and inclination) to emulate-- meaning, larger capacity to make something that looks like a higher-dimensionality version of a certain function that you're emulating-- one of the following:
(1) Larger capacity to emulate a pseudo-4D (and in the case of an IEI, Producing) Fe: You'll "add a little kick of Fe information to 'flavor' some of your expressions... with a little tiny tiny extra influence from your (IEI, PoLR) Te: it'd pull your PoLR Te more toward being expressed, despite how insecure you may feel about how unsuccessful its usage can be.
(2) Larger capacity to emulate a pseudo-2D (and in the case of an IEI, Producing) Te: You'll "add a little kick of more well-rounded Te information to 'flavor' some of your expressions... with a little tiny tiny extra influence from your (IEI, PoLR) Te: it'd pull your Creative Fe more toward being expressed, making you a bit more sociable or gregarious.

Variations (1 and 2) of the Dominant subtype are known as:

(1) Dominant-IEI-Fe: “Dominant-emotional subtype”
(2) Dominant-IEI-Te: “Dominant-executive subtype”

·
Registered
6,850 Posts
I just want to know my type 100% NOW and be over with it. I'm more of a result person than a process person.
I relate to the IEI descriptions. Idk what else to go from.
IEI = MBTI INFJ, correct?

Ni-doms are... what I posted earlier. If you can't communicate on that level and do not think in that manner of conceptual abstraction, you are not a Ni-dom.

Anyone can relate to any description. Hell, I relate to the IEI and EII descriptions too, but I'm no INF anything. (I'm a highly creative artist type, which correlates with most Ni descriptions.)

In my experience, Ni-doms are the most ruthlessly pushing types there are in terms of aggressive fronting of ideas. Also, they will spend YEARS pondering things. For as long as I have known him, my INTJ still brings up the same conversations over and over... it's because he literally cannot and will not stop thinking about it until he reaches an absolute truth on the topic -- which comes from no external source, but his own perceptions.

I, being Ne meanwhile, gave that topic a decent brush-over, reached a conclusion, and moved on to the next exciting idea.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Game of Thrones has several Ni's in it -- Melisandre is one, Littlefinger is another, Lord Varys is a third. They too engage in these Ni-concept debates -- talking about the nuances of power, the shifting of the proverbial wind. It's almost never sensory, or personal, or tangible, but they're dealing in high concepts.
I have a tendency to speak in metaphors sometimes. Not to the extent the Ni-doms in Game of Thrones do though. I once held an entire conversation with my friend about how, "I am like rose. I seem inviting and vibrant, but when you go to pluck me, my thorns will cut you and you'll never want to touch me again. Then, I will have to live with the fact that my thorns have your blood stained on them."

I do this so very often. I took note of how last night even I explained to a friend that I was like "A bird with clipped wings. I look to the sky where I belong, but I cannot take off. But here on Earth, I am awkward, as my feet were not meant to tread ground but rather skip about it. How long before I am swallowed by a cat because I cannot fly away?"

Ugh. Maybe. I resent most of the Te-users as I've had many bad interactions with them over the internet of course. They view me as irrational. Especially INTJ's. God they piss me off sometimes. But ya know, I could be one very special ISTJ.

Vague impressions, which are gone now. Too many secondary conversations happening while I procrastinate about working. :p
Bahahaha. Yeah, this thread took a nosedive to the darkest bowels of MBTI hell in 0-100 real quick :') SORRY!

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
I have a tendency to speak in metaphors sometimes. Not to the extent the Ni-doms in Game of Thrones do though. I once held an entire conversation with my friend about how, "I am like rose. I seem inviting and vibrant, but when you go to pluck me, my thorns will cut you and you'll never want to touch me again. Then, I will have to live with the fact that my thorns have your blood stained on them."

I do this so very often. I took note of how last night even I explained to a friend that I was like "A bird with clipped wings. I look to the sky where I belong, but I cannot take off. But here on Earth, I am awkward, as my feet were not meant to tread ground but rather skip about it. How long before I am swallowed by a cat because I cannot fly away?"

Ugh. Maybe. I resent most of the Te-users as I've had many bad interactions with them over the internet of course. They view me as irrational. Especially INTJ's. God they piss me off sometimes. But ya know, I could be one very special ISTJ.

Bahahaha. Yeah, this thread took a nosedive to the darkest bowels of MBTI hell in 0-100 real quick :') SORRY!

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
IEI = MBTI INFJ, correct?
In terms of functions, yeah pretty much

In my experience, Ni-doms are the most ruthlessly pushing types there are in terms of aggressive fronting of ideas. Also, they will spend YEARS pondering things. For as long as I have known him, my INTJ still brings up the same conversations over and over... it's because he literally cannot and will not stop thinking about it until he reaches an absolute truth on the topic -- which comes from no external source, but his own perceptions.
hahaha thats EXACTLY what i do and I annoy the shit out of family members when I do that. And it annoys me when theyre like "can we please talk about something else".
I get OBSESSED with ideas, like this one about my type, ive been thinking about it for over a year constantly, and never being satisfied with what i came up with(or others), except for maybe like a day. But then the next day im like "but wait, what about this thing? nah that cant be my type."
I can talk about the same subject for months.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
What i just said may be a little contradictory to the "result type person" but i i want to find the truth and be sure of it because i think 1 year is a bit too much to contemplate about something like this, and im driving the people around me a little insane, + i could be doing other, more useful stuff but i dont because im too caught up in this topic.

·
Registered
6,850 Posts
hahaha thats EXACTLY what i do and I annoy the shit out of family members when I do that. And it annoys me when theyre like "can we please talk about something else".
I get OBSESSED with ideas, like this one about my type, ive been thinking about it for over a year constantly, and never being satisfied with what i came up with(or others), except for maybe like a day. But then the next day im like "but wait, what about this thing? nah that cant be my type."
I can talk about the same subject for months.
So do Si-doms.

But Ni is searching for something Si is not. Si merely enjoys whatever it is; Ni is taking in an insane amount of conceptualized information and slowly filtering through it to find one conclusion that will forever define their life.

I guess what I'm beating around the bush to say is -- you have not ruthlessly shaken me down for my suggestions and ideas the way I'm accustomed to interrogations by Ni's. :p

41 - 60 of 159 Posts