Personality Cafe banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I've tested ISFP, INFP, ISFJ, INTJ (definitely not accurate, haha) and ENFP. I've never gotten ESFP. I've mostly gotten ISFP.

I think I'm probably an ISFP, but the whole artist stereotype attributed to ISFP is something I can't relate to. Here's a description of myself. I didn't feel like filling out the questionnaire.

I'm a very emotional person and I have no problems expressing my emotions, nor do I feel embarrassed to cry in front of people - I'm not sure why people do. I cried in front of a bunch of people just today.

I am extremely opinionated about everything, though I will not express my opinions if it will anger or offend people.
I'm afraid of offending people to some extent, but mostly I'm afraid of angering people and getting hurt in any way. I'm extremely passive and hate confrontation of any kind.
However, I'm the kind of person who'll burst out innocent observations and thoughts out of the blue.

I am very flighty and will change my mind about things (i.e. where I want to live in the future, etc.) every five seconds. However, my values and beliefs will remain the same 24/7.

I'm extremely disorganized, messy, have piles of stuff everywhere. I'm a procrastinator. People who dislike me (or even like me) call me a flake, though I don't think I'm one - I think I'm just free-spirited. I'm unambitious, but I'll keep peddling just to keep everyone happy and not mad.

I love anything beautiful, except shoes: makeup, sparkles, perfume, etc. I love beautiful things more than most people seem to, or at least I'm more honest about it. I love junk food and I overeat regularly. I do not like exercise and I am not an active person. I have dyspraxia as well.

When I am upset, I won't get openly angry, but I'll go on loud, rambling rants about my moral superiority and why exactly I am a better person than them. I have been accused of being mentally ill while doing this. (I have anxiety and take medication for that, but I am not mentally ill).

I am naturally a relaxed, calm person, but only when trapped in my own little world. I freak out a lot when people do stuff. I am so placid in my own world, though.

I NEED LOTS OF ME TIME. LOTS OF IT. I'll run into someone I know at Target, say hi, and that will be my social interaction for the day. I dislike school mainly because of being around people so long.

In case this has any influence on my type, I'll add that I'm going to get my degree in elementary education, and want to be an elementary school teacher, obviously. Kindergarten-4th grade would be ideal to me.

Registered
if you deleted your whole post and replaced it with: ISFP-screenshot.jpg

it would be the same exact post.

Registered
I don't doubt that I use Fi-Te, but can you tell me what parts sound Te? I want to develop my Te.

What sounds Se-Ni? Is it the loving pretty things?

your Te is inferior so it's not the same Te as an ESTJ or INTJ etc..

your inferior Te shows in the lack of organization and procrastination. also the fact that you want to get better at Te is another sign that you are an IxFP because you are inspired by your lowest function.

Also yes the loving pretty things is a sign of Se. Se users love pretty things. I'm inferior Se and I love pretty things still.

Se love pretty things because they just LOOK pretty -- its very objective. Si loves pretty things because it makes them feel good or reminds them of something pleasant -- subjective.

Registered
I think it seems very fitting, but I can't relate to it, so I am probably a mistype, but I think yours is right.

Registered
Of course you wrote things that you think show you are ISFP, and so we can check if there are errors.

I therefore encourage you to fill in the questionnaire, and then, let's see.

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
Of course you wrote things that you think show you are ISFP, and so we can check if there are errors.

I therefore encourage you to fill in the questionnaire, and then, let's see.
Fine. But I'm filling out the old one, not the new one.

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
I don't know. Uncertainty?

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
Right now, I'm studying to become an elementary school teacher. I want to become a teacher, live up in the mountains, and have 4 kids fathered by a husband with a killer beard and a dad bod. I would also like to have a small farm for pigs because they're my favorite animals.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
When I helped make a choice about where to move, moved there, and it went the way I wanted it to...because I was happy with how it all ended up.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
People accusing me of wrongdoing.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
How I feel about it and what I think is right.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
I sit back and let others do the work.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
When I was little, I used to blow bubbles and dance in cemeteries, and then my mom and I would go get Slushies.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
I'm more hands on. I'm not a theory person and I have a shit memory.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
Not very.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
Try to understand the principles behind it.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
I'm non confrontational and more of a caregiver, so I do the first option.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
Speak before thinking. One-on-one communication.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
Jump into action right away and it depends.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
Stay in.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
I cry.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
Aggressiveness, abrasiveness.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
Sure, I can be really chatty.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life
Details. I'm NOT a perfectionist or a Type A person.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
Overemotional, unorganized, unique, naive, has good intentions. I think they're right. Nobody would call me snarky or edgy.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
Sleeping and shopping.

Registered
ISTP 5w6
Actually, wait. I started questioning it because I have no problem crying in public.
Well, there probably are more ISFPs on this world who have no problem crying in public. I don't think that just that statement would make you a different type. From the answers I've read, you still seem ISFP to me.
What other type do you think you might be?

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
Well, there probably are more ISFPs on this world who have no problem crying in public. I don't think that just that statement would make you a different type. From the answers I've read, you still seem ISFP to me.
What other type do you think you might be?
I do think I'm probably ISFP but I was wondering about xSFJ. I'm at the very least sure of being a xSFx.

Registered
Fine. But I'm filling out the old one, not the new one.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
Right now, I'm studying to become an elementary school teacher. I want to become a teacher, live up in the mountains, and have 4 kids fathered by a husband with a killer beard and a dad bod. I would also like to have a small farm for pigs because they're my favorite animals.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
When I helped make a choice about where to move, moved there, and it went the way I wanted it to...because I was happy with how it all ended up.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
I sit back and let others do the work.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
I'm more hands on. I'm not a theory person and I have a shit memory.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
Not very.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
Jump into action right away and it depends.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life
Details. I'm NOT a perfectionist or a Type A person.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
Sleeping and shopping.
2. Would you say you have an underlying vision in your life? As an ISFP you would have Ni, an aspect of you would be thinking about the future, goals, and having a clear vision you work towards. Obviously as as a tert user it's not going to be the most developed aspect of your personality but it would still be there.

3. Really not individacate of type but probrably comes from a perciving function of some sort - I'm inclinded to say Se because your other answers don't seem indiciacative of Ne. What was the reason you decided to move would be a better question to ask yourself.

6. I can't imagine ISFJs feeling ok with someone doing all the work. As an INFP I'm often the one headlining group projects and picking up other people's slack. I don't think INFPs would feel ok with letting someone do all the work (unless there's a reason). I'm an idealist, I want things to be perfect. I need to contribute to those things because I value my grades and impressions of the group project.

8. I think we can rule out being someone leading with intuition. I love theories; I couldn't live without discussing theories. Life would be a sad place for me if that was the case. From my experience we can rule out ISFJ and INFP and probrably most anyone who has Si somewhere in their functions. Si users have great memories, Si users remember details. Many Se users I know can't remember specific details whereas I vividly remember so many things. My boyfriend who is an INTJ (inferior Se) can't remember details to save his life. Me as an INFP (tert Si) have a very clear detailed memory that can remember specific events and often very randomly (many of the details I remember are also random I'm not remembering them because I need to just because I can). Se is all about the here and now, coupled with that future thinking Ni ISFPs aren't known for their crazy detailed memories but rather everything thing they're experiencing in the moment and everything they will experience in the future. I never think about my future in the way an Ni user would, just in general ideas.

9. Si users tend to value organizational skills (even if they aren't good at them). The fact that you jump into action tells me you value Se over Si. Especially since you don't seem to value Si things (good memory, organized, semi-controlling over outcomes of physical things)

13. See above, jumping into things is indicative of Se

18. Doesn't value Si.

20. I love shopping as well, although as an INFP I would have a long list of activities I enjoy. I think an ISFP would be more prone to a simple consisense sentence without much detail. There's no detail in this answer an Si user would probrably provide more specifics about the activities that they love to do (Especially if they are asking people what personality they are). As someone described it ISFPs are directly sensual in their tastes.

Fi dom is obvious to me. Not valuing Si is also obvious to me - you say you aren't about details and don't have the best memory you jump into action and you aren't a perfectionist. I think ISFP is the most likely outcomes.

Crying in public isn't indivicative of anything really. An Fe users emotions can be very reactive, but an Fi users feels things in their own bubble. They don't always harmonize with their environment. Fi users would be prone for crying public because they are feeling things internally and they don't care what anyone else thinks about their crying in public because they value authenticity and to them not displaying their emotions would be a sign of fakery (Fi) an Fe user would cry in public because the atmosphere or people around them is sad and they are harmonizing with their environment and/or conversely their feelings can also be quite reactive and are more comfortable displaying their emotions because they extravert their feelings.

Reactions: Miss Basura

Registered
"I am extremely opinionated about everything, though I will not express my opinions if it will anger or offend people.
I'm afraid of offending people to some extent, but mostly I'm afraid of angering people and getting hurt in any way. I'm extremely passive and hate confrontation of any kind."
Isn't this part very Fe?

Registered
"I am extremely opinionated about everything, though I will not express my opinions if it will anger or offend people.
I'm afraid of offending people to some extent, but mostly I'm afraid of angering people and getting hurt in any way. I'm extremely passive and hate confrontation of any kind."
Isn't this part very Fe?
That is simply more likely a feeling type, and an introvert. The distinction between whether it's Fe or Fi is relatively weak.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts