Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I started wondering if I might be an ISTJ, since I relate to Si a bit more than Se.

For ISTJ:
-Creature of habit
I establish routines that fulfil their purpose and have no problem sticking to them for years without deviation. I dislike being taken out of this routine since I know it is 'safe'. I have optimized it to suit my purposes (fighting acne and staying healthy) and see no reason to change it. I don't care about time though, so my routine is more like steps (B always comes after A, but when this is doesn't really matter). I always eat a pear after 2 kiwis in the evening. The time differs, but this order does not.

EDIT: I've been told this is Enneagram 6 stuff, just ignore it

-Extremely cautious
I only take risks when you know that it is safe to do so. I have a "No loose ends" mentality, in that everything left open is a danger to succes and should be dealt with. I'm the kind of person who would get rid of witnesses just to be sure they don't spill the beans.

I always think about the other person before I speak. This is not out of kindness, but out of caution. If I make enemies by saying whatever is on my mind, them I am making things unnecessarily difficult for myself. By being friendly and minding your words, I can make sure people see no reason to target me, so that I can stay unnoticed.

-Planning
I like to have a plan as to what happens next. I don't just jump into things, I run a simulation in my head as to what is likely going to happen next so that I have a response ready. If something happens I didn't anticipate, I'll have no idea what I should do. I do remember these encounters so that I don't fall for them a second time. Catching me off guard has to be done with a different tactic every time.

If, for instance, me and a group would go to a theme park, I'd be the one checking: How many people? How many vehicles? What date? How is traffic? Time of arrival? Time of departure? Where do we eat? Total cost?
I have no problem doing this and I prefer it over casual conversation (I like to have an important role in the group).

Against ISTJ:
EDIT: I've been told this is not an ISTJ trait, so ignore this one too

-Unproductive
I have problems being productive during the day. My time management is rather poor and I procrastinate far more than I should. I have great trouble doing something I'm not interested in, which made high school such a pain in the ass. They only time I'm productive is when I'm in a public area such as school, where I'll act like I'm a serious hard worker (while in reality I'm rather lazy).

-No regard for established rules
I will follow whatever rule there is to make sure I don't get into trouble. But as soon as I see a crack in the system I can maneuver through without consequences, I will have no second thoughts about it, as long as it doesn't conflict with my view of justice.

Same thing with laws. For some stupid reason alchohol is legal and marijuana is not. Rules that are foolish/inconsistent are just plain wrong in my eyes. I will follow them because of the consequences if you don't (I'm not risking my future for momentary pleasure), but I don't really support them. If anything, alcohol should be made illegal since it causes far more trouble than marijuana does. Then again, making alcohol illegal would be an immense blow to the economy, so that might not be such a good idea.

-Short attention span
I have extreme difficulty focussing on anything I do not find interesting. Even 5 minutes of reading material is torture to me and I will just starting moving through the house so that I don't have to focuss on it.

What do you guys think? Is ISTJ a good possibility, or do you have better suggestions? Please, throw them my way!
Ask me anything to make it more clear.

EDIT: A questionaire for some extra information

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
/ (all types are possible)

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
Happiness, I guess. I don't desire a lot, a few good friends, a sweet wife, a nice house.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
When I've just accomplished something people look up to. This makes me feel really good. I really light up when I'm getting compliments and am being told I did something well.

Also, when the atmosphere is very positive and I'm having a lot of fun with friends. Those moments feel magical.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
Failure. Being shunned. Seeing others have fun while I'm alone.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
Pros and cons, usually. People are just an extra factor in this equation (pro: 20 live, con: 10 die, etc). I'm generally focussed on the end result, a "means to an end" kind of thing. When killing one person averts a crisis in a television program I am always complaining to myself that the person with the gun is hesitating. This is the thing that has to be done for succes of the mission, forget about right and wrong.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
I tend to make sure things stay on track. I don't particularly like playing babysitter, but most people are slackers so I have no choice.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
Back in elementary school with my best friend. We were at my house sitting behind the playstation playing Ratchet and Clank 3 while eating pizza. Great times. :)

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
I suck at memorizing, I like to do it myself. So hands on.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
Pretty meh. I have my video games lined up in accordance with their release date (old to new ->). But yeah. I guess pretty average.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
Idea person - "What if we went to New Zealand this summer?"

Me - "That would be cool, how much will it cost? Where are we going to stay? Etc, etc."

I will need a good example to answer this question properly.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
I like it when there is a good atmosphere in a group. It makes me feel safe. However, if the group harmony revolves around activities such as damaging other people's property, I will not join in.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
I think before I speak. One-on-one.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I like to know where I am going beforehand. Words are easy to produce, results are not.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
I don't like parties, so I'll stay home.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
I withdraw. I become extremely nervous I need to fall back before I am ready to face it again. If it's just mild stress I become more assertive because I want the problem to go away.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
Self-centered behaviour (not thinking about others), narcissism, picking on others.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
Hobbies.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life?
Keeping in touch with people.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
They think I'm a hardass, because that is how I present myself in public. I dislike showing weakness, so I act as productive and useful as possible.

In truth I'm not serious at all, but only people really close to me get to see my goofy side.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
Gaming, watching some anime/series.

Questionaire 2 (taken from one of my older threads)

0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

I have social anxiety and can relate to many symptoms of a lot of disorders. So yeah. ^^
I am working towards my entry exam into college so I'm pretty stressed, but that's pretty much my natural mode of functioning (there is always something that has to be done, isn't there *sigh*)

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/saffro...ore-2015-04-28
A stunning picture. The trees look beautiful and the water looks clear. I wouldn't mind walking there, just as long as there aren't many bugs (which there most likely aren't considering it is taking in Autumn)

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?

"Oh for fucks sake! Can't anything ever go right?!"
If the people are strangers to me I'll only think it, but if they are friends I'm a bit more vocal.
I don't dwell on this though, Within a minute I'll be coming up with fixes to the situation, since whining and moaning is not going to help anyone.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?

They can assure me of all kinds of things, that doesn't mean they will keep their promises. I will be annoyed considering I don't like parties. Now I will have to hang around a place I don't want to be just waiting for that stupid driver. I can't really do much about it, so I'll just bite my tongue and go with them (probably staying outside for more of the duration of the party)

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?

If it is just a matter of opinion, like "I like this band better than your favourite band", then I don't care about it. Everyone has their own opinion and it's not my place to go against that. If it is a different thing, like "A parent should decide their child's faith", then I will go against it because I believe you should never force a child into anything without their own consent. With friends I'm extremely opinionated, so I will definitely speak up about it (if I care enough, that is).

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?

Like a parent being unreasonable with their child (blaming him/her while the parent is at fault)? I would be tempted to go say something about it, but my Enneagram 6-ness would vote against it saying that the potential problems that arise from such an act are not worth it. The parents won't change their ways simply because I pointed something out.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?

Freedom of choice for everyone. Don't ever force your opinions and ways of doing things upon another. Let them decide for themselves. Experience is a far better way to learn than through being told what is right and wrong to do.
I will never change these values unless I see them having a deeply negative effect.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?

I'm deeply private around people I'm not fully comfortable with (I'm only comfortable with like 5 people). I'm also deeply distrusting of others, assuming their intentions will be out of selfinterest. I've been betrayed and used quite a few times in my life, so I guess this could be an act of selfdefense against the outside world.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?

When I'm observing interactions I can often deduce how they will end. When someone starts speaking to me, I instantly ask myself "What could this person want?", this question usually gets answered when you screen through all the fluff and cut right to the core of what they are saying.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

Energize:
Good music
Playing games with friends
Finally completing the 'thing' I have been working on for a long time (be it a program I've written or a city I've built in a game)

Drains:
Being surrounded by people (this most likely comes from my paranoia that everyone could harm me, so I'm vigilant at all time)
Really loud music/people
Having to think really hard (Physics used to give me constant mental fatigue)

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?

Because I'm weary of everyone, I repress all my true feelings about things. I'm also afraid I appear weak which would get me targeted, so I keep up a front that makes me look tougher than I actually am. Putting on this 'mask' is extremely exhausting, so I'm happy when I get home where I can act normal again. (except from around my father, I still appear 'productive' around him so he won't get fed up with me. (he has a short temper and deeply values people who work all the time, so I try to appear like that when he is around))

Questionaire 3

SCENARIO 1

FOCUS ON YOUR FEELING PROCESS HERE

Your significant other just ended your 2 year relationship quite suddenly and with no apparent explanation. Up until this point you had both been talking about marriage and last week you even went to look at rings together. Now he/she won't even return your phone calls or texts. After talking with his/her family you find out that he/she has just been diagnosed with terminal stage 4 cancer.

- Describe how this scenario would make you feel as well as what sort of influences and motivations lie behind those feelings. Why do you feel the way you do?

- In this scenario what would you honestly say the primary focus of your feelings would be?
I would feel devastated, since I had finally met the love of my life and then she gets taken away from me. It's like a cruel joke. I'd ask myself "Why her, of all the people in the world?".

SCENARIO 2

FOCUS ON YOUR FEELING PROCESS HERE

You are in college and this semester both you and your roommate end up in the same class together. You and your roommate get along fairly well and the living situation works but you aren't particularly close. You both typically do your own thing and are rather indifferent to each other. As the semester progresses you excel and become one of the top students in the class whereas your roommate is struggling significantly to grasp the material. The professor assigns a fairly challenging take home test that is a significant portion of your grade. He/she makes it clear that while it is open book, students are to work alone. Later your roommate comes to you begging for help after struggling with the test most of the weekend. You have already completed the assignment and he/she isn't asking to copy your answers, just to help tutor and mentor them as they struggle to complete the test, so there is no way your professor would ever know. However, this is the first time your room-mate has asked you for help this semester. He/she makes it clear that how they do on this test could mean the difference between passing and failing this class.

- How do you respond to your roommate’s request and why?

- What sort of things in this scenario stand out to you as far as having a strong influence on your decision making and why?

- Describe the flow of your decision making process.
It all depends on my roommate's attitude. If he/she is a hard worker and didn't manage I'll help out. If he/she was screwing around all the time and now suddenly wants my help, he/she can forget it. I only help those who deserve it.

SCENARIO 3

FOCUS ON YOUR LOGIC AND THINKING PROCESS HERE

Your boss calls you into his/her office in order to assign you to a new project. He/she gives you a choice between two.

Project 1 is a rather broad, expansive project covering multiple areas of company operations. It has the potential to have a very significant impact on company operations but it would require a collective effort and an extensive amount of group work where you would be logically thinking through the project together with the group of individuals your boss has also assigned to it.

Project 2 has a much more specific and narrow focus and would require a significant amount of in depth individual analysis to work through the problem. You would be working alone and the completion of the project may or may not have much impact on company operations. However, after complete the process and problem you were working on will be streamlined and fundamentally understood.

- Which project appeals to you the most, as it relates to the way you prefer to logically process information? Why?

- What sort of things in this scenario, across either project, stood out to you as having a strong influence on your decision? Why?
It all depends on the subject. If it is something I do not find interesting, then neither would be something I enjoy. If it is something that is interesting to me, like making a video game, then I want to work with the team that produces a result. I like making things, so results are needed to keep me interested.

SCENARIO 4

FOCUS ON YOUR LOGIC AND THINKING PROCESS HERE

Your college professor has assigned you to a group project with 3 other individuals. All 3 of these individuals have a good strong work ethic and desire to contribute to the overall success of this project. You are at the first meeting of your group and the other members are tossing around valuable ideas as to the nature and direction of this project.

- Describe your behavior in this situation as you process and think about the ideas they are presenting.

- Describe what major influences drive this behavior.
I would counter every idea with constructive critism until only the best remain. Things I take into consideration are cost, work load, difficulty to implement, etc. I am open to everything they say, because if i am too harsh they will not want to share their ideas anymore.

SCENARIO 5

FOCUS ON THE SOURCES YOU DRAW NON-PHYSICAL ENERGY FROM HERE

It has been a very long week and you feel mentally and emotionally drained, but good news! It is Saturday and you have nothing significant that needs to be done. You FINALLY have some free time to yourself to recharge your batteries and do whatever you want.

- Describe what sort of activities would help you to recharge. What would you enjoy doing after a long week and why?

- What sort of things do you feel you draw non-physical energy from doing?
Gaming, watching anime/series, etc. Watching anime/series allows my mind to rest while only having to focus on what is on the screen. It allows me to stop thinking for a moment.

SCENARIO 6

FOCUS ON THINKING VS FEELING HERE

You have a meeting with your college career counselor to discuss potential careers that interest you. He/she offers you a list of the following careers and asks you to pick your TOP 3. He/she asks you to take money out of the equation. Imagine all of these careers received equal compensation. Focus instead on where you would truly feel most happy and fulfilled.

Artist, Scientist, Actor, Engineer, Musician, Lawyer, Counselor, Entrepreneur, Teacher, Manager, Psychologist, Computer Programmer / Analyst, Clergy, Child Care, Medical Doctor

- What were your top 3 choices and what aspects of these careers appeal to you?

- Was it difficult or easy to pick only 3 and why?

- Prioritize the aspects of your career choices that influenced your decision, what things mattered most to you, where do you imagine finding the most fulfillment and why?
Councelor, Psychologist, Computer programmer.

These were easy to pick, since I have done a lot of reseach as to what I might enjoy studying.

It's mainly about interest. If I don't find it interesting it doesn't matter if it pays 200k a year, I will not be able to do it.

SCENARIO 7

Click on the image below and pay close attention to the things that jump out to you, objects, thoughts, feelings, impressions, ideas etc. What do you see?

Short Effective Scenario Questionnaire 2.0 (Self-Type)-paintedcanyon1fb.jpg

- Describe the main things that stand out to you in this picture.

- Why do you think/feel you focused on those things?

- Describe the strength with which this photo did or did not appeal to you and why?
The sunlight on the rocks is the thing I focus on. It looks warm and the smooth rocks look comfortable to touch.
The warmth makes me like this picture, so I'd give it an 8 if I had to rate it.

I bet you guys are getting reaaaally sick of me right now. ^^"
@alittlebear, @Oswin, @Living dead, @TelepathicGoose, @angelcat, @To_august, @Schizoid, @Greyhart, @fair phantom, @shinynotshiny

·
Banned
1,536 Posts
-Extreme cautious
I only take risks when you know that it is safe to do so. I have a "No loose ends" mentality, in that everything left open is a danger to succes and should be dealt with. I'm the kind of person who would get rid of witnesses just to be sure they don't spill the beans.

I always think about the other person before I speak. This is not out of kindness, but out of caution. If I make enemies by saying whatever is on my mind, them I am making things unnecessarily difficult for myself. By being friendly and minding your words, I can make sure people see no reason to target me, so that I can stay unnoticed.
This one is a feature of phobic 6s, and mainly SP. This subtype is called "Warmth". I'm like you, avoiding having enemies. And being friendly to everyone make you feel more secure.

-Planning
I like to have a plan as to what happens next. I don't just jump into things, I run a simulation in my head as to what is likely going to happen next so that I have a response ready. If something happens I didn't anticipate, I'll have no idea what I should do. I do remember these encounters so that I don't fall for them a second time. Catching me off guard has to be done with a different tactic every time.

If, for instance, me and a group would go to a theme park, I'd be the one checking: How many people? How many vehicles? What date? How is traffic? Time of arrival? Time of departure? Where do we eat? Total cost?
I have no problem doing this and I prefer it over casual conversation (I like to have an important role in the group).
Te maybe ?

-Unproductive
I have problems being productive during the day. My time management is rather poor and I procrastinate far more than I should. I have great trouble doing something I'm not interested in, which made high school such a pain in the ass. They only time I'm productive is when I'm in a public area such as school, where I'll act like I'm a serious hard worker (while in reality I'm rather lazy).
Don't fall into stereotypes, ISTJs aren't always hardworkers. They have the IP temperament, so they will often procrastinate, and are really lazy. I have an ISTJ friend, he makes his best to assure his comfort, but nothing else. You know, they are Si users, their priority is to live in a state of comfort. So they will work enough for this, but they will not push themselves more (like ESTJs could do).

That's all I got. I can't type you with those data, there aren't enough. But you are probably an introvert.

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This one is a feature of phobic 6s, and mainly SP. This subtype is called "Warmth". I'm like you, avoiding having enemies. And being friendly to everyone make you feel more secure.
Good point. I should have looked at my enneagram as well.

Don't fall into stereotypes, ISTJs aren't always hardworkers. They have the IP temperament, so they will often procrastinate, and are really lazy. I have an ISTJ friend, he makes his best to assure his comfort, but nothing else. You know, they are Si users, their priority is to live in a state of comfort. So they will work enough for this, but they will not push themselves more (like ESTJs could do).
This is useful information, thank you. I did my best to move around stereotypes, but I always thought this was a defining characteristic. Guess it's not. :p

I will add a questionaire to give some more information.

·
Banned
1,536 Posts
Good point. I should have looked at my enneagram as well.

This is useful information, thank you. I did my best to move around stereotypes, but I always thought this was a defining characteristic. Guess it's not. :p

I will add a questionaire to give some more information.
Yeah, no problem. I'll be here to analyze it.

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Yeah, no problem. I'll be here to analyze it.
I added one, I'll add all of them that seem to have some value, it never hurts to give a bit more info. ;)

EDIT: Added 3 questionaires, that should help a little.

·
Registered
187 Posts
@Ninjaws You typed yourself as ISFP so there's probably more to this but ISTJ seems quite likely based on your OP. ISTP and INTJ are possibilities too but things like "absolute certainty" in the way you describe it don't really seem like Ni/Se to me.

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@Ninjaws You typed yourself as ISFP so there's probably more to this but ISTJ seems quite likely based on your OP. ISTP and INTJ are possibilities too but things like "absolute certainty" in the way you describe it don't really seem like Ni/Se to me.
Typewise I've been going around the globe (INTJ>INTP>INTJ>ENTJ>ISFP), so at this point I'm just grasping at straws.
ISFP was recommended to me in another typing thread, but I am not easily satisfied. :p

·
Registered
187 Posts
Typewise I've been going around the globe (INTJ>INTP>INTJ>ENTJ>ISFP), so at this point I'm just grasping at straws.
ISFP was recommended to me in another typing thread, but I am not easily satisfied. :p
Well, I can see why things like your extreme caution paragraph(s) might be mistaken for inferior Te but to me it doesn't seem precipitous in nature.

·
Registered
9,085 Posts
Commenting to subscribe. I'm not good at deciding type but I will hang around to ask thought provoking questions to aid you and those who are good at deciding type.

Reactions: Ninjaws

·
Registered
7,779 Posts

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

Pros and cons, usually. People are just an extra factor in this equation (pro: 20 live, con: 10 die, etc). I'm generally focussed on the end result, a "means to an end" kind of thing. When killing one person averts a crisis in a television program I am always complaining to myself that the person with the gun is hesitating. This is the thing that has to be done for success of the mission, forget about right and wrong.
This answer strongly suggests T over F, and considering I see Fi in many of your answers, in your case it is Te over Fi. Therefore I think you are a TJ. I need to think the rest of this over but I wanted to comment to subscribe. :)

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
@Ninjaws,

ISTJ is very probable, however not certain...

Question, do you have a fear of the future? As in, do you fear the unknown?

(I realize this could be also attributed to E6, however we're focusing on MBTI right now)

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
-Unproductive
I'm ISTJ and I despise working. I can be lazy as hell sometimes. Don't pay so much attention to the stereotypes , just think about the functions.

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
@Ninjaws,

ISTJ is very probable, however not certain...

Question, do you have a fear of the future? As in, do you fear the unknown?

(I realize this could be also attributed to E6, however we're focusing on MBTI right now)
Difficult to say. I read up a lot on inferior Ne (which I assume is what you are referring to) and I'm not completely sure.
I'll prepare for possible events, but it's not like thinking about these events makes me nervous.

For instance, if clothes are hanging to dry outside and nobody is going to be home for a few hours, I'll say "Are you sure you want to leave them hanging like that? If it starts raining, everything will be completely wet again. Do you have a way to prevent them from getting wet outside? If not, I recommend that you take them inside before we leave."

I have a tendency to say "even if". So say it is storming outside and we (my mother and I) are walking with the dog in the forest. (This really happened)
She said "We should wait, it is dangerous". I replied "It is raining, so even if lightning strikes the forest, the fire will not spread. And since we are surrounded by large trees, the chance of getting hit is nearly zero."

Or say we are in an amusement park, looking at a rollercoaster. She says "Something might go wrong". I'll say "It's under constant maintenance and has been tested extensively. Fearing that such an accident happens is about as useful as fearing going on the road because of the possibility of a car accident."

If this didn't answer the question, I'll give some more examples later. Gotta eat now! ^^

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
I am still going with ISFP as your type. Reading the answers in your questionnaire is like seeing a twin version of myself. :p

As an INFP I relate a lot to what you wrote in your questionnaire. Whether it's your love of being recognized for your accomplishment or your fear of failure (inferior Te types tend to be a perfectionist at times) or your yearning for happiness in life (a hallmark of being an Fi dom), I can relate to all of that.

Even your way of making decisions through weighing pros and cons is also how I usually make decisions.

Despite having inferior Te, I have leadership quality and I am often assigned the leader role in group projects and I also have this tendency to plan 10 ahead into the future ;) Now IxFP can actually look a lot like Te dom/aux when we are in our inferior Te mode, don't underestimate our inferior Te :p

I also noticed that you have this tendency to be suspicious of people's intentions and thinking that they might want something from you, I think that part actually seems rather Fi dom to me. Reading between the lines and seeing into the core of people's soul is pretty much an Fi trait. And your answer to scenario 7 seems more like Se than Si. For example, you focus on the sunlight on the rocks and how the rocks looked like, and you even mentioned that it looks comfortable to touch. Se types usually have this tendency to focus a lot on how something looked like and feels like, the physical sensations of things etc. And also, your response to the car breaking down, that part again sounds very Fi. ISTJs with auxiliary Te would have some backup plans in action. For example, if the car suddenly break down, the ISTJ would start thinking of back-up plans immediately, they would get everyone out of the car, and then took a cab or something. I doubt that an ISTJ would just sit inside the car and complain about the situation and do nothing about it, that's not how their auxiliary Te is supposed to work! :p Despite seeing quite a bit of Te in your questionnaire, what makes me choose ISFP over ISTJ as your type is your reaction to emergency situations, you actually lacked that quick and savy response that is usually found in strong Te types, which indicates that you probably have a weak Te.

So I'm pretty sure you're on the Ni/Se axis and you also use lots of Fi with weak Te, so I think ISFP fits.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Difficult to say. I read up a lot on inferior Ne (which I assume is what you are referring to) and I'm not completely sure.
I'll prepare for possible events, but it's not like thinking about these events makes me nervous.

For instance, if clothes are hanging to dry outside and nobody is going to be home for a few hours, I'll say "Are you sure you want to leave them hanging like that? If it starts raining, everything will be completely wet again. Do you have a way to prevent them from getting wet outside? If not, I recommend that you take them inside before we leave."

I have a tendency to say "even if". So say it is storming outside and we (my mother and I) are walking with the dog in the forest. (This really happened)
She said "We should wait, it is dangerous". I replied "It is raining, so even if lightning strikes the forest, the fire will not spread. And since we are surrounded by large trees, the chance of getting hit is nearly zero."

Or say we are in an amusement park, looking at a rollercoaster. She says "Something might go wrong". I'll say "It's under constant maintenance and has been tested extensively. Fearing that such an accident happens is about as useful as fearing going on the road because of the possibility of a car accident."

If this didn't answer the question, I'll give some more examples later. Gotta eat now! ^^
Oh no, you did a good job.

That honestly sounds like something my ISTJ friend would say, he's very exacting and attempting to predict everything.
I'm not completely sure about Si dominance, however definitely a TJ and it seems like you have low-ranking Ne over Se. Not sure on this, however, but it seems the most likely circumstance.

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm ISTJ and I despise working. I can be lazy as hell sometimes. Don't pay so much attention to the stereotypes , just think about the functions.
I have removed that point since multiple people have pointed out that this is wrong. Thanks. :)
I thought it was one of the defining characteristics of ISTJs, my apologies for buying into that stereotype.

·
Banned
1,536 Posts
Pros and cons, usually. People are just an extra factor in this equation (pro: 20 live, con: 10 die, etc). I'm generally focussed on the end result, a "means to an end" kind of thing. When killing one person averts a crisis in a television program I am always complaining to myself that the person with the gun is hesitating. This is the thing that has to be done for succes of the mission, forget about right and wrong.
This answer makes me think of Te/Fi with egoic Te.

Idea person - "What if we went to New Zealand this summer?"

Me - "That would be cool, how much will it cost? Where are we going to stay? Etc, etc."

I will need a good example to answer this question properly.
Your pragmatism makes me think of Te again. At this point I'm pretty sure that you are a Te user. But it's hard to say if you are Ni or Si.

I don't like parties, so I'll stay home.
Why ?

A stunning picture. The trees look beautiful and the water looks clear. I wouldn't mind walking there, just as long as there aren't many bugs (which there most likely aren't considering it is taking in Autumn)
Hmm... Si description, not Se. If I don't look at the picture, I don't know what you are describing. You are talking about the impression you get of the picture, so this is quite subjective. Seems like you are aware of you internal states, and comfort (bugs are annoying).

Freedom of choice for everyone. Don't ever force your opinions and ways of doing things upon another. Let them decide for themselves. Experience is a far better way to learn than through being told what is right and wrong to do.
I will never change these values unless I see them having a deeply negative effect.
Clear Fi.

Because I'm weary of everyone, I repress all my true feelings about things. I'm also afraid I appear weak which would get me targeted, so I keep up a front that makes me look tougher than I actually am. Putting on this 'mask' is extremely exhausting, so I'm happy when I get home where I can act normal again. (except from around my father, I still appear 'productive' around him so he won't get fed up with me. (he has a short temper and deeply values people who work all the time, so I try to appear like that when he is around))
Fi again

It all depends on the subject. If it is something I do not find interesting, then neither would be something I enjoy. If it is something that is interesting to me, like making a video game, then I want to work with the team that produces a result. I like making things, so results are needed to keep me interested.
I would lean more toward ISTJ than INTJ. Because ISTJ are result type, and INTJ process. But nothing sure. We don't have enough evidence.

It's hard to be sure. Your answers are quite short. I can confirm the Te/Fi axis but nothing more. Even if you typed yourself as a Gamma type (INTJ, ENTJ and now ISFP), I don't see any Se in your answer (nor Ni). I would say probably INFP or ISTJ. Because your first function is an introverted one (your Te seem creative and not dominant).

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
I have removed that point since multiple people have pointed out that this is wrong. Thanks. :)
I thought it was one of the defining characteristics of ISTJs, my apologies for buying into that stereotype.
My ISTJ friend is quite lazy, sometimes I have to force him to work. The thing with him is that he can organize and plan to do his work for ages, but sometimes it's hard for him to actually do the work. Does this resonate at all?

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I am still going with ISFP as your type. Reading the answers in your questionnaire is like seeing a twin version of myself. :p

As an INFP I relate a lot to what you wrote in your questionnaire. Whether it's your love of being recognized for your accomplishment or your fear of failure (inferior Te types tend to be a perfectionist at times) or your yearning for happiness in life (a hallmark of being an Fi dom), I can relate to all of that.

Even your way of making decisions through weighing pros and cons is also how I usually make decisions.

Despite having inferior Te, I have leadership quality and I am often assigned the leader role in group projects and I also have this tendency to plan 10 ahead into the future ;) Now IxFP can actually look a lot like Te dom/aux when we are in our inferior Te mode, don't underestimate our inferior Te :p

I also noticed that you have this tendency to be suspicious of people's intentions and thinking that they might want something from you, I think that part actually seems rather Fi dom to me. Reading between the lines and seeing into the core of people's soul is pretty much an Fi trait. And your answer to scenario 7 seems more like Se than Si. For example, you focus on the sunlight on the rocks and how the rocks looked like, and you even mentioned that it looks comfortable to touch. Se types usually have this tendency to focus a lot on how something looked like and feels like, the physical sensations of things etc. And also, your response to the car breaking down, that part again sounds very Fi. ISTJs with auxiliary Te would have some backup plans in action. For example, if the car suddenly break down, the ISTJ would start thinking of back-up plans immediately, they would get everyone out of the car, and then took a cab or something. I doubt that an ISTJ would just sit inside the car and complain about the situation and do nothing about it, that's not how their auxiliary Te is supposed to work! :p Despite seeing quite a bit of Te in your questionnaire, what makes me choose ISFP over ISTJ as your type is your reaction to emergency situations, you actually lacked that quick and savy response that is usually found in strong Te types, which indicates that you probably have a weak Te.

So I'm pretty sure you're on the Ni/Se axis and you also use lots of Fi with weak Te, so I think ISFP fits.
About that car thing, don't get me wrong, I'd come up with fixes instantly. But it says "initial thoughts", and that's the very first thing that goes through my mind. Immediately afterwards I'll think "Okay, how do we get out of this situation?"
I added that to the answer to not confuse people further.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
About that car thing, don't get me wrong, I'd come up with fixes instantly. But it says "initial thoughts", and that's the very first thing that goes through my mind. Immediately afterwards I'll think "Okay, how do we get out of this situation?"
I added that answer to not confuse people further.

Hmm if that's the case, then I think ISTJ fits quite well :p

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.