Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I made a thread yesterday about ISTJ's and a lot of people tell me that I am somewhat insensitive and extremely undiplomatic. It's true, I am not diplomatic at all. I hate diplomacy in any way what-so-ever. In addition, I either have Fi or I have Ti and use a lot of Fe. In addition, many ENFP's tell me that I need to be more diplomatic and have more "couth". I absolutely hate people that tell me to use more diplomacy. I just enjoy saying whatever comes to mind. I also don't seem to get along with INFP's very much which would seem odd for an Fi user. So what do you guys think am I an ENTP that has been mistyped as an ENFP? Also, state your cases why you think this.

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
I would think that having lots of Fe would make you a bit more tactful/diplomatic.

Wow, I think that poor girl's gonna kill herself before this thread is over.
That kinds struck me as Fi-ish in that context. And it was also your overall reaction to what I had posted.

Plus, the idea that people didn't like your threads seemed to bother you a little bit. That kinda seems a little Fi-ish to me.

But don't take my word for it. I could be wrong. Plus I don't have a lot of patience, so I can't really explain anything in depth right now...Maybe you're not an ENFP or an ENTP.

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would think that having lots of Fe would make you a bit more tactful/diplomatic.

That kinds struck me as Fi-ish in that context. And it was also your overall reaction to what I had posted.

Plus, the idea that people didn't like your threads seemed to bother you a little bit. That kinda seems a little Fi-ish to me.

But don't take my word for it. I could be wrong. Plus I don't have a lot of patience, so I can't really explain anything in depth right now...Maybe you're not an ENFP or an ENTP.
What the hell else could I be then? I know that I use Ne as a lead function.

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
I would say you are not an ENFP (Ne Fi Te Si) because they are diplomatic and tactful. That doesn't mean that they don't sometimes make a social mistake, but that they are truly sorry if they do so. Your posting style is definitely not that of an ENFP.

I would suspect that you are an ENTP (Ne Ti Fe Si) and that you possibly reverse your preference of Ti and Fe, creating a loop that makes it harder to know your type. Your posting style, devil-may-care, prankster attitude tends to remind me of ENTPs I've known.

Whatever type you are, I am very confident that you are not an ENFP.

Good luck with your search.

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would say you are not an ENFP (Ne Fi Te Si) because they are diplomatic and tactful. That doesn't mean that they don't sometimes make a social mistake, but that they are truly sorry if they do so. Your posting style is definitely not that of an ENFP.

I would suspect that you are an ENTP (Ne Ti Fe Si) and that you possibly reverse your preference of Ti and Fe, creating a loop that makes it harder to know your type. Your posting style, devil-may-care, prankster attitude tends to remind me of ENTPs I've known.

Whatever type you are, I am very confident that you are not an ENFP.
Good luck with your search.
What do you mean my devil-may-care prankster attitude? Also, you are THAT confident that I am not an ENFP?

·
Banned
557 Posts
Okay, so I made a thread yesterday about ISTJ's and a lot of people tell me that I am somewhat insensitive and extremely undiplomatic. It's true, I am not diplomatic at all. I hate diplomacy in any way what-so-ever. In addition, I either have Fi or I have Ti and use a lot of Fe. In addition, many ENFP's tell me that I need to be more diplomatic and have more "couth". I absolutely hate people that tell me to use more diplomacy. I just enjoy saying whatever comes to mind. I also don't seem to get along with INFP's very much which would seem odd for an Fi user. So what do you guys think am I an ENTP that has been mistyped as an ENFP? Also, state your cases why you think this.
Alright time to rip you a new asshole in your own thread:

ENTP Cognitive Functions: Ne>Ti>Fe>Si>Ni>Te>Fi>Se
ENFP Cognitive Functions: Ne>Fi>Te>Si>Ni>Fe>Ti>Se

As you can see here both the ENFP and ENTP share the same lead function-Ne, so it's very possible to wonder if you are an ENTP based on your aforementioned life experiences. However, as you continue to look through these functions and take a closer look at ENTPs personalities, you'll notice that these types have some key differences.

1) ENTPs use their Fi a lot less than ENFPs. You continually berate me and scott for our views and thoughts, saying "That's terrible" or "Oh God!, that awful", thus, you use a shitload of Fi like an ENFP does. That is an earmark of an ENFP.

2) ENTPs use Ti a lot and what is Ti like? It is an analystic function. You don't analyze shit as far as I can tell, you just act on feelings and emotion for the most part like an ENFP does.

3) ENTPs are usually calm people. You are neurotic as hell. It's like you can't stop worrying.

So in conclusion, you defenitely lean more towards ENFP. You're just a special case of it. Also, stop giving a damn about what MBTI type you are, just go with who you are on the inside. Anybody who dislikes you can kiss your ass.

·
11,928 Posts
I like ENTJs...

What the hell else could I be then? I know that I use Ne as a lead function.
In reference to that quote I posted of yours, why did my post bother you?

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alright time to rip you a new asshole in your own thread:

ENTP Cognitive Functions: Ne>Ti>Fe>Si>Ni>Te>Fi>Se
ENFP Cognitive Functions: Ne>Fi>Te>Si>Ni>Fe>Ti>Se

As you can see here both the ENFP and ENTP share the same lead function-Ne, so it's very possible to wonder if you are an ENTP based on your aforementioned life experiences. However, as you continue to look through these functions and take a closer look at ENTPs personalities, you'll notice that these types have some key differences.

1) ENTPs use their Fi a lot less than ENFPs. You continually berate me and scott for our views and thoughts, saying "That's terrible" or "Oh God!, that awful", thus, you use a shitload of Fi like an ENFP does. That is an earmark of an ENFP.

2) ENTPs use Ti a lot and what is Ti like? It is an analystic function. You don't analyze shit as far as I can tell, you just act on feelings and emotion for the most part like an ENFP does.

3) ENTPs are usually calm people. You are neurotic as hell. It's like you can't stop worrying.

So in conclusion, you defenitely lean more towards ENFP. You're just a special case of it. Also, stop giving a damn about what MBTI type you are, just go with who you are on the inside. Anybody who dislikes you can kiss your ass.
Ladies and gentlemen of the PerC, you just have to love my enneagram 8 ENTJ little brother. He definitely has some credability typing me though, since he's known me all of my life.

I would argue with you though Spencer. I analyze the absolute hell out of everything in life. You are wrong that I don't analyze things. Also, not all NT's are calm. I made a thread about that...

http://personalitycafe.com/nts-temperament-forum-intellects/27991-im-not-buying-kiersey-theory-all-nt-s-calm.html

You are right though, I do tend to act on impulse and a lot on feelings and emotions as well, but you have to also take in consideration that I have ADHD, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, and possibly even bipolar disorder.

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like ENTJs...

In reference to that quote I posted of yours, why did my post bother you?
I don't know why the post offended me. I mean, what if she had self esteem issues? I wouldn't want her to feel like shit about herself because everyone was harassing her.

·
11,928 Posts
I don't know why the post offended me. I mean, what if she had self esteem issues? I wouldn't want her to feel like shit about herself because everyone was harassing her.
In the way of 'ENTPs who use lots of Fe', I'd consider myself to be one of those. I wouldn't even worry about that kinda thing, though. If I kept myself from posting something or atleast changed my format/sentencing a bit for the sake of tact, those are not the kinda things I would take into consideration. Just general social rules like...'This' may sound bad to someone and thus cause a negative reaction.

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
In the way of 'ENTPs who use lots of Fe', I'd consider myself to be one of those. I wouldn't even worry about that kinda thing, though. If I kept myself from posting something or atleast changed my format/sentencing a bit for the sake of tact, those are not the kinda things I would take into consideration. Just general social rules like...'This' may sound bad to someone and thus cause a negative reaction.
No I'm more individualized and so group oriented. I mean, self expression is probably the most important thing to me in life. My thoughts, beliefs, opinions, and emotions must be expressed or I feel uneasy. In fact, people that tell me that I am undiplomatic or "stop you may offend people" piss me off. However, if I found someone who just generally had a low self esteem or a group of down trotted people, I would feel terribly bad about furtherly offending them. I'm just a very weird and complicated individual. It's like I can just reach out to that individual and know personally how they are feeling without even trying to. I hate this about me.

·
11,928 Posts
No I'm more individualized and so group oriented. I mean, self expression is probably the most important thing to me in life. My thoughts, beliefs, opinions, and emotions must be expressed or I feel uneasy. In fact, people that tell me that I am undiplomatic or "stop you may offend people" piss me off. However, if I found someone who just generally had a low self esteem or a group of down trotted people, I would feel terribly bad about furtherly offending them. I'm just a very weird and complicated individual. It's like I can just reach out to that individual and know personally how they are feeling without even trying to. I hate this about me.
From what I've heard from some INFPs, Fi pushes a person to be very...analytical about certain things. And when you express certain things, you want them to be expressed as clearly and perfectly as possible. I suppose that may coincide with personal thoughts, likes, dislikes, feelings, beliefs, emotions, etc. I think that's where the importance of self-expression comes in for an Fi-user. And if I remember correctly, Fi pushes a person to want to understand people and their perspectives clearly.
Can you relate to that?

down trotted people
Downtrodden...

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
From what I've heard from some INFPs, Fi pushes a person to be very...analytical about certain things. And when you express certain things, you want them to be expressed as clearly and perfectly as possible. I suppose that may coincide with personal thoughts, likes, dislikes, feelings, beliefs, emotions, etc. I think that's where the importance of self-expression comes in for an Fi-user. And if I remember correctly, Fi pushes a person to want to understand people and their perspectives clearly.
Can you relate to that?

Downtrodden...
Why else would I be a behavioral social science major if that didn't relate to me?

·
11,928 Posts
Why else would I be a behavioral social science major if that didn't relate to me?
Can you relate to the rest of what I posted there?
It might be better if an NFP came in here, though...

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Can you relate to the rest of what I posted there?
It might be better if an NFP came in here, though...
Yes, I related to all of it perfectly. It appears that I am an ENFP, just a really wierd one.

·
Banned
557 Posts
Ladies and gentlemen of the PerC, you just have to love my enneagram 8 ENTJ little brother. He definitely has some credability typing me though, since he's known me all of my life.

I would argue with you though Spencer. I analyze the absolute hell out of everything in life. You are wrong that I don't analyze things. Also, not all NT's are calm. I made a thread about that...

http://personalitycafe.com/nts-temperament-forum-intellects/27991-im-not-buying-kiersey-theory-all-nt-s-calm.html

You are right though, I do tend to act on impulse and a lot on feelings and emotions as well, but you have to also take in consideration that I have ADHD, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, and possibly even bipolar disorder.
Here's a profile of an ENTP:

Extraverted iNtuitive Thinking Perceiving
by Marina Margaret Heiss
Profile: ENTP
Revision: 3.0
Date of Revision: 26 Feb 2005

"Clever" is the word that perhaps describes ENTPs best. The professor who juggles half a dozen ideas for research papers and grant proposals in his mind while giving a highly entertaining lecture on an abstruse subject is a classic example of the type. So is the stand-up comedian whose lampoons are not only funny, but incisively accurate.

ENTPs are usually verbally as well as cerebrally quick, and generally love to argue--both for its own sake, and to show off their often-impressive skills. They tend to have a perverse sense of humor as well, and enjoy playing devil's advocate. They sometimes confuse, even inadvertently hurt, those who don't understand or accept the concept of argument as a sport.

ENTPs are as innovative and ingenious at problem-solving as they are at verbal gymnastics; on occasion, however, they manage to outsmart themselves. This can take the form of getting found out at "sharp practice"--ENTPs have been known to cut corners without regard to the rules if it's expedient -- or simply in the collapse of an over-ambitious juggling act. Both at work and at home, ENTPs are very fond of "toys"--physical or intellectual, the more sophisticated the better. They tend to tire of these quickly, however, and move on to new ones.

ENTPs are basically optimists, but in spite of this (perhaps because of it?), they tend to become extremely petulant about small setbacks and inconveniences. (Major setbacks they tend to regard as challenges, and tackle with determin- ation.) ENTPs have little patience with those they consider wrongheaded or unintelligent, and show little restraint in demonstrating this. However, they do tend to be extremely genial, if not charming, when not being harassed by life in general.

In terms of their relationships with others, ENTPs are capable of bonding very closely and, initially, suddenly, with their loved ones. Some appear to be deceptively offhand with their nearest and dearest; others are so demonstrative that they succeed in shocking co-workers who've only seen their professional side. ENTPs are also good at acquiring friends who are as clever and entertaining as they are. Aside from those two areas, ENTPs tend to be oblivious of the rest of humanity, except as an audience -- good, bad, or potential."

And an ENFP's profile:

Extraverted iNtuitive Feeling Perceiving
by Joe Butt

ENFPs are friendly folks. Most are really enjoyable people. Some of the most soft-hearted people are ENFPs.

ENFPs have what some call a "silly switch." They can be intellectual, serious, all business for a while, but whenever they get the chance, they flip that switch and become CAPTAIN WILDCHILD, the scourge of the swimming pool, ticklers par excellence. Som etimes they may even appear intoxicated when the "switch" is flipped.

One study has shown that ENFPs are significantly overrepresented in psychodrama. Most have a natural propensity for role-playing and acting.

ENFPs like to tell funny stories, especially about their friends. This penchant may be why many are attracted to journalism. I kid one of my ENFP friends that if I want the sixth fleet to know something, I'll just tell him.

ENFPs are global learners. Close enough is satisfactory to the ENFP, which may unnerve more precise thinking types, especially with such things as piano practice ("three quarter notes or four ... what's the difference?") Amazingly, some ENFPs are adept at exacting disciplines such as mathematics.

Friends are what life is about to ENFPs, moreso even than the other NFs. They hold up their end of the relationship, sometimes being victimized by less caring individuals. ENFPs are energized by being around people. Some have real difficulty being alone , especially on a regular basis.

One ENFP colleague, a social worker, had such tremendous interpersonal skills that she put her interviewers at ease during her own job interview. She had the ability to make strangers feel like old friends.

ENFPs sometimes can be blindsided by their secondary Feeling function. Hasty decisions based on deeply felt values may boil over with unpredictable results. More than one ENFP has abruptly quit a job in such a moment.

Now of course the statements I made in bold were to emphasize my P.O.V which is that you are NOT AN ENTP! However, there are more tidbits in there that could point to you being an ENTP. Nonetheless, no way in hell is that true!

What's the main thing that seperates the NFs from NTs? The fact that NTs are more of Thinkers not Feelers! You are consistently letting your feelings guide your actions as opposed to using logic and rational thought. What's the name of the NTs personality group? The "Rationalists"! Further, there's no way in hell that your dominant function is T over F. You use your Feeling side way too much for that to happen!

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Here's a profile of an ENTP:

Extraverted iNtuitive Thinking Perceiving
by Marina Margaret Heiss
Profile: ENTP
Revision: 3.0
Date of Revision: 26 Feb 2005

"Clever" is the word that perhaps describes ENTPs best. The professor who juggles half a dozen ideas for research papers and grant proposals in his mind while giving a highly entertaining lecture on an abstruse subject is a classic example of the type. So is the stand-up comedian whose lampoons are not only funny, but incisively accurate.

ENTPs are usually verbally as well as cerebrally quick, and generally love to argue--both for its own sake, and to show off their often-impressive skills. They tend to have a perverse sense of humor as well, and enjoy playing devil's advocate. They sometimes confuse, even inadvertently hurt, those who don't understand or accept the concept of argument as a sport.

ENTPs are as innovative and ingenious at problem-solving as they are at verbal gymnastics; on occasion, however, they manage to outsmart themselves. This can take the form of getting found out at "sharp practice"--ENTPs have been known to cut corners without regard to the rules if it's expedient -- or simply in the collapse of an over-ambitious juggling act. Both at work and at home, ENTPs are very fond of "toys"--physical or intellectual, the more sophisticated the better. They tend to tire of these quickly, however, and move on to new ones.

ENTPs are basically optimists, but in spite of this (perhaps because of it?), they tend to become extremely petulant about small setbacks and inconveniences. (Major setbacks they tend to regard as challenges, and tackle with determin- ation.) ENTPs have little patience with those they consider wrongheaded or unintelligent, and show little restraint in demonstrating this. However, they do tend to be extremely genial, if not charming, when not being harassed by life in general.

In terms of their relationships with others, ENTPs are capable of bonding very closely and, initially, suddenly, with their loved ones. Some appear to be deceptively offhand with their nearest and dearest; others are so demonstrative that they succeed in shocking co-workers who've only seen their professional side. ENTPs are also good at acquiring friends who are as clever and entertaining as they are. Aside from those two areas, ENTPs tend to be oblivious of the rest of humanity, except as an audience -- good, bad, or potential."

And an ENFP's profile:

Extraverted iNtuitive Feeling Perceiving
by Joe Butt

ENFPs are friendly folks. Most are really enjoyable people. Some of the most soft-hearted people are ENFPs.

ENFPs have what some call a "silly switch." They can be intellectual, serious, all business for a while, but whenever they get the chance, they flip that switch and become CAPTAIN WILDCHILD, the scourge of the swimming pool, ticklers par excellence. Som etimes they may even appear intoxicated when the "switch" is flipped.

One study has shown that ENFPs are significantly overrepresented in psychodrama. Most have a natural propensity for role-playing and acting.

ENFPs like to tell funny stories, especially about their friends. This penchant may be why many are attracted to journalism. I kid one of my ENFP friends that if I want the sixth fleet to know something, I'll just tell him.

ENFPs are global learners. Close enough is satisfactory to the ENFP, which may unnerve more precise thinking types, especially with such things as piano practice ("three quarter notes or four ... what's the difference?") Amazingly, some ENFPs are adept at exacting disciplines such as mathematics.

Friends are what life is about to ENFPs, moreso even than the other NFs. They hold up their end of the relationship, sometimes being victimized by less caring individuals. ENFPs are energized by being around people. Some have real difficulty being alone , especially on a regular basis.

One ENFP colleague, a social worker, had such tremendous interpersonal skills that she put her interviewers at ease during her own job interview. She had the ability to make strangers feel like old friends.

ENFPs sometimes can be blindsided by their secondary Feeling function. Hasty decisions based on deeply felt values may boil over with unpredictable results. More than one ENFP has abruptly quit a job in such a moment.

Now of course the statements I made in bold were to emphasize my P.O.V which is that you are NOT AN ENTP! However, there are more tidbits in there that could point to you being an ENTP. Nonetheless, no way in hell is that true!

What's the main thing that seperates the NFs from NTs? The fact that NTs are more of Thinkers not Feelers! You are consistently letting your feelings guide your actions as opposed to using logic and rational thought. What's the name of the NTs personality group? The "Rationalists"! Further, there's no way in hell that your dominant function is T over F. You use your Feeling side way too much for that to happen!
I could relate to the ENFP description a lot. I could barely relate to the ENTP description at all.

·
Banned
557 Posts
I could relate to the ENFP description a lot. I could barely relate to the ENTP description at all.
See! You're fucking with me, you're fucking with the best! You're gonna need a whole fucking army if you think you can take me! I can outwit you time and time again! >=)

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
See! You're fucking with me, you're fucking with the best! You're gonna need a whole fucking army if you think you can take me! I can outwit you time and time again! >=)
I never fucked anybody over in my life didn't have it coming to them. You got that? All I have in this world is my balls and my word and I don't break them for no one. Do you understand? That piece of shit up there, I never liked him, I never trusted him. For all I know he had me set up and had my friend Angel Fernandez killed. But that's history. I'm here, he's not. Do you wanna go on with me, you say it. You don't, then you make a move.

1 - 20 of 104 Posts