Personality Cafe banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Lotus Jester
8,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to type as an SP/SX 5 and (before that an SO/SX 5) and the main reason I typed as an SP 5 is that I was told that my need to control the flow of information would be a clear indicator of being an SP 5 but on reading Maitri and Chesnut; that definition sound exactly like SX 5. So, am I an SX 5 (as opposed to either an SP or SO one) and if so; then what is my second stacking. Truth be told, the instinctual variants has always been the hardest part about typing myself.

So, I welcome any opinions about stacking but I honestly view SX 5 as a perfect fit but I lot of people think I'm either and SO first or an SP; so I am open to suggestions.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
section INSTINCTUAL VARIANTS The Enneagram Blogspot: Type 5: Knowledge-Seeker

section Overview of Instinctual Stackingsthe16types.info - Instinctual Stackings

It's a lot of reading, I know, I've read it several times over while re-assessing myself as objectively as possible, the whole while refuting, and confirming, and refuting, then re-affirming. I just think back on incidents, or relations, or habits in my life and ask if they align with what I've read. I list the YES and the NO mentally in my mind until I can dismiss a possibility with a lot of confidence. Process of elimination. Takes me days or weeks to feel confident, and even then I challenge and re-test my conclusion by looking at my behavior from yet another perspective or situation. I just whittle away at each possibility, challenging my perception, testing it logically from many angles.

·
Lotus Jester
8,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
http://similarminds.com/variant.html
Instinctual Variant Test Results

Instinctual variant theory holds that your instinctual drives can be divided into three forces. The Sexual force drives you to seek closeness, like you would experience in a strong romantic relationship or a close friendship. The Social force drives you to consider the wider community, where you and others stand, what everyone thinks/feels/needs of you and what you think/feel/need of them. The Self Preservation force drives you to maintain individual concerns - security, health, comfort, etc.. Each person will have a different mix of these three variants. Your results suggest the following mix:​

Sexual||||||||||||||||||||||||74%
Social||||||||||||38%
Self Preservation|||||||||||||||||||||66%

Woohoo! I guess I'm right then.

·
Registered
INTJ 1w9 154 Sp/Sx LSI
521 Posts
Instinctual variant theory holds that your instinctual drives can be divided into three forces. The Sexual force drives you to seek closeness, like you would experience in a strong romantic relationship or a close friendship. The Social force drives you to consider the wider community, where you and others stand, what everyone thinks/feels/needs of you and what you think/feel/need of them. The Self Preservation force drives you to maintain individual concerns - security, health, comfort, etc.. Each person will have a different mix of these three variants. Your results suggest the following mix:​

Sexual||||||||||||||||||||||||||||82%
Social||||||||||||||||||58%
Self Preservation||||||||||||||||||54%

This is depressing.

·
Registered
Not Like Other Boys™
112 Posts
why are you sure you're a 5?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.