Personality Cafe banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, a bit of history..well I have been doing a psychological self work..had a troubled childhood so developed more of extroverted side..lot of volatile and impulsive decisions primarily Ne driven have resulted in contemplation and introspection..but confused as to what should I work on Fi or Ti as unable to use the past as effectively to form a blueprint for the future.
I am quite empathic and morally ambiguous always had difficulty maintaining healthy relationships. Fight or flight reaction sounds about right for me. Unable to focus on professional achievements more focus on unhealthy relationships.
Anger is predominant driving force for me.so difficult to see whether I use it for values or principles. Lot of feedback from near and dear ones is that function solely on gut without much thought to consequences or affect. Urgent need for a why in everything whether relationships or impersonal things..it's important for me for people I love to be happy.
As for conflict I feel if I convey my point across properly maybe I can resolve the conflict. In that need to resolve the conflict either within or out I sort of cross emotional boundaries of people. Been trying to come up with a subjective blueprint for future actions. And I feel if I took decisions more consciously rather than a spinal level I would be more at peace.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
As an afterthought, I think that I don't want to do wrong by people and myself sort of being unethical would be more of a problem than being immoral. But I often get stuck in situations where I have to take a decision between my mental peace and the social way of Fe. Plus I think that it's ok to follow social norms as long as they don't disrupt your basic functioning. I feel when I no longer can relate to a person is it not better to just go your own way. So is this Fi or Ti. Would love a new insight

·
King of Seduction
ENTJ
7,535 Posts
You come off more like Se than an intuitive to me.
You mentioned an inability to think future and it sounds like you live in the present.
Not putting a ton of thought into you decisions but making them more on a whim sees much more Se to me.

You sound like you're out of touch with your emotions and where they spurn from so you might more on the T-spectrum.
But I'd guess that your T/F dichotomy isn't very polarized and is more neutral.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You mentioned an inability to think future and it sounds like you live in the present.
Not putting a ton of thought into you decisions but making them more on a whim sees much more Se to me.

You sound like you're out of touch with your emotions and where they spurn from so you might more on the T-spectrum.

Thanks for the reply.
It's an interesting take..in my grip states I tend to go more past oriented where I constantly use imagination to change the past and the future..like an in inferior Si. And I like talking about interesting ideas and theories, stories rather than actually doing it. And I am a lot into sci Fi and fantasy so I always feel restless that the reality is just too limited. I am Not at all detail oriented. I keep forgetting them. And I think I was directed to a practical field early on in childhood as opposed to the one I started to develop interest in.so probably never put much thought or worked hard in it and by extension the rest of lof as well. Any idea on how to figure out T/F predominance. Thanks

·
King of Seduction
ENTJ
7,535 Posts
Thanks for the reply.
It's an interesting take..in my grip states I tend to go more past oriented where I constantly use imagination to change the past and the future..like an in inferior Si. And I like talking about interesting ideas and theories, stories rather than actually doing it. And I am a lot into sci Fi and fantasy so I always feel restless that the reality is just too limited. I am Not at all detail oriented. I keep forgetting them. And I think I was directed to a practical field early on in childhood as opposed to the one I started to develop interest in.so probably never put much thought or worked hard in it and by extension the rest of lof as well. Any idea on how to figure out T/F predominance. Thanks
I think being detail oriented or not is really hard to judge on your own.
We experience things throughout our life and that stuff sticks some doesn't - I think most have a pretty selective memory.
Being able to remember what color someones shirt was, their name, or details in a movie isn't really a sign of being more S-oriented or not it depends on our level of interest in said subject.

I am with an ISFP and she is not really great at remembering all these details either, it's quite selective.

I don't think that interest in fantasy or sci-fi is strongly related to type either.

What practical field were you placed in and and what are you drawn to?

If your T/F is really close it's going to be hard. We're not all polarized on a dichotomy enough that it matters ie; considering yourself ENFP or ENTP would have about the same value for you, if that were your type.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think being detail oriented or not is really hard to judge on your own.
We experience things throughout our life and that stuff sticks some doesn't - I think most have a pretty selective memory.
Being able to remember what color someones shirt was, their name, or details in a movie isn't really a sign of being more S-oriented or not it depends on our level of interest in said subject.

I am with an ISFP and she is not really great at remembering all these details either, it's quite selective.

I don't think that interest in fantasy or sci-fi is strongly related to type either.

What practical field were you placed in and and what are you drawn to?

If your T/F is really close it's going to be hard. We're not all polarized on a dichotomy enough that it matters ie; considering yourself ENFP or ENTP would have about the same value for you, if that were your type.
I guess then I haven't really understood the functions that well. Any real life examples of NeSi vs SeNi. As for the field well I was directed towards medical profession very early on but never quite developed a lasting interest in it as opposed to theoretical physics or maths which I gravitated towards and still have a lot of curiosity and interest towards. I am very good at patterns. And usually when I think of something I tend to connect it to some other similar looking object. But I have functioned a lot on subconscious level with minimal introspection. I have recently started an active thought about my cognitive patterns so maybe with time I'll have a better idea of which functions I naturally use and which ones puts me in mental fix. I took a lot of tests most of them result in ENFP/ENTP. INFJ/INFP. I took a cognitive function test as well showed Fe, Ne, Ni, Fi, Ti, Se, Si, Te in that order. Thanks for you insights

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I guess then I haven't really understood the functions that well. Any real life examples of NeSi vs SeNi. As for the field well I was directed towards medical profession very early on but never quite developed a lasting interest in it as opposed to theoretical physics or maths which I gravitated towards and still have a lot of curiosity and interest towards. I am very good at patterns. And usually when I think of something I tend to connect it to some other similar looking object. But I have functioned a lot on subconscious level with minimal introspection. I have recently started an active thought about my cognitive patterns so maybe with time I'll have a better idea of which functions I naturally use and which ones puts me in mental fix. I took a lot of tests most of them result in ENFP/ENTP. INFJ/INFP. I took a cognitive function test as well showed Fe, Ne, Ni, Fi, Ti, Se, Si, Te in that order. Thanks for you insights
And during stress i have a lot of inferior Ni and inferior Si characteristics as well. And I rarely take things and people as they are. I am usually looking for a deeper meaning or context or an analogy.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
And during stress i have a lot of inferior Ni and inferior Si characteristics as well. And I rarely take things and people as they are. I am usually looking for a deeper meaning or context or an analogy.
I'd like to hear more about how you clearly see and experience inferior? :) Those things aren't concious, thus are hard if not impossible, to see and experience and make actual use out of them. People even struggle to understand and see what Ni/Si is even if it's conciously observable - can't even imagine actually seeing and experiencing them as inferior. No, inferior SI doesn't mean your desk is messed up and such - mine is too as it's not my personal preference to have it cleaned up on regular basis - nothing to do with any inferior, it's just preference and optimization of tasks :)

It's a false assumption that inferior is actually usable tool to be experienced conciously. It'd be much more efficient to type yourself from the dom/aux side. I barely believe any of us is able to conciously observe the rest of roles and how they actually work - and there's a reason for that - our preference experiencing the world doesn't change like weather outside :) Inferior doesn't mean you're bad at it and struggle with it - it means more like it's not your main preference.

But otherwise, unable to help you to tell your type based on available information. May I ask why you're sure that you're NP at all (not that I'm saying you can't be, just asking for reasoning)? There are so many mistypings around, due to typing based on stereotypes and external behaviours that I can't stand it :D

·
Registered
784 7w6 sx/sp ENFP
567 Posts
my knee jerk reaction is not enfp--because your posts just don't read enfp. or entp actually. i have been on forums long enough that i have just noticed how we sound.

i would suggest looking into other types.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
It's an interesting take..in my grip states I tend to go more past oriented where I constantly use imagination to change the past and the future..like an in inferior Si.
Naah, don't believe that pseudo-concept that we're actually aware of inferior and able to make any use out of it :) And nope, the above is not how actual introverted sensing works (mbti Si isn't actual introverted sensing but a mix of some behavioral traits put together - same for other mbti funcs). Forget that "past" thing, it's not about that ;)

And I like talking about interesting ideas and theories, stories rather than actually doing it. And I am a lot into sci Fi and fantasy so I always feel restless that the reality is just too limited. I am Not at all detail oriented. I keep forgetting them. And I think I was directed to a practical field early on in childhood as opposed to the one I started to develop interest in.so probably never put much thought or worked hard in it and by extension the rest of lof as well. Any idea on how to figure out T/F predominance. Thanks
Any type can think of ideas and theories, it's not very good type indicator. I'm too into sci-fi, fantasy, horror and so on - it's personal preference not type related. Another person of same type might have totally different interests. Not detail oriented at all and details can mean pretty different things for different people in general - again not a type indicator.

I'd suggest to first try to determine if you're perception dom or judging dom. I'm not expert at explaining this but it's a certain preference for information take-in. Do you have rather preference to take information in by analysing and concluding something out of it (judging) or just by receiving state of information without reaching there by concious conclusions (perceiving)? Ofc we all do both ways but one of them has usually higher preference than other and this doesn't seem to change with time. If you look carefully, you should be able to see which option applies more to you.

You could determine T/F preference by figuring out if your judging style is more likely based on guts, feel and interpersonal connections to objects to be judged (F) or more like impersonal connection to the judged objects (T).

Once you've figured out the 2 aspects above, it'd be time to figure out which is your main perception. Consider other options too instead of sticking to that it has to be necessarily NE - but in the end you know yourself the best :) And once you know if you're judging or perception dom and know your perception plus judging style, your type is pretty much clear - saves you from wasting time and effort to type from tert/inferior end of the scale as those are pretty unconcious and hard to see.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Totally agree with this opinion: You could determine T/F preference by figuring out if your judging style is more likely based on guts, feel and interpersonal connections to objects to be judged (F) or more like impersonal connection to the judged objects (T).

happy wheels

1 - 11 of 11 Posts