Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure, honestly..I still feel myself strongly as INFP, but hey that might change *shrugs*

I've been researching on ENTP, and one of the links is this:

ENTP: The Inventor | PersonalityDesk

In leadership positions, ENTPs are imaginative and enterprising..... When they do focus on personal concerns, their strength lies in strategy, rather than diplomacy and they often use their understanding of human behavior to engineer and influence social systems.
When I read this article.. I think,'' can strategy be separated from diplomacy? How is it possible to be effective in strategy without diplomacy?..Wait..That kind of thinking is situational based, not absolutist, so.... But yes, I do make use of subjective leaps and concerns on feeling level to understand the possible solutions that might arise in further improving social systems.''

I can feel a bit bored when people don't see the strategies I have in my head.

''ENTPs are inspired innovators, motivated to find new solutions to intellectually challenging problems. They are curious and clever, and seek to understand the people, systems, and principles that surround them. Open-minded and easygoing, ENTPs want to understand other people: their motivations, behavior, and ideas without applying judgment. ENTPs enjoy engaging others in debate, and can be perceived as argumentative due to their love of critical analysis. They like to maintain the upper hand, and often do, thanks to their ability to quickly respond to another's ideas and behavior.''
I use my N to understand the meanings and principles that drive the established philosophical knowledge and political based systems today.

Another aspect about me, I am extremely passionate about politics. I like to find common grounds and connections that relate to human nature as a whole (although human nature itself is diverse) within different political policies and situations.

When I study subjective aspects of human nature on an unusually deep level, it is not because I disregard thinking aspects. It is because I want to study how the changing nature of human nature impacts culture and politics.

Apologies for the ramble. I may still be highly NF though because several of my concerns have to do with people ethics.

Don't criticize potential language barrier here please, I was not brought up in the West :dry:

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You hate arrogant people.

No.
How is hating arrogant people un-ENTP like? Isn't that a rather broad generalization?

Plus, I might have a different view of 'arrogance'. It could be that a few times I accidentally mistaken it in the P versus J clash

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Ugh, I hate how that's the first thing EVERYone on this site says. "Generalization, there are always exceptions, blah, blah, blah".

I was joking. I didn't read your post at all, but I've seen you post before and based on what you say/the way you say, I wouldn't think so. But I'd probably listen to someone who actually read your post over me.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ugh, I hate how that's the first thing EVERYone on this site says. "Generalization, there are always exceptions, blah, blah, blah".

I was joking. I didn't read your post at all, but I've seen you post before and based on what you say/the way you say, I wouldn't think so. But I'd probably listen to someone who actually read your post over me.
Just wanted to see if I could provoke you ahahaha.

And generalizations are lame. I want to break out of them if I could.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh, a few other things about me:

• I can research about completely random topics for hours and try to find connections instead of being organized enough haha
  • I dream of someday making a mega huge philosophical change
I'm still not sure whether those things qualify enough though.

·
Registered
7,384 Posts
Oh, a few other things about me:

• I can research about completely random topics for hours and try to find connections instead of being organized enough haha
  • I dream of someday making a mega huge philosophical change
I'm still not sure whether those things qualify enough though.
That seems INTPish to me.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Also, I get a thrill and a high from exploring the unprovable things in life...

And whenever people dismiss exploring the unseen, instead of thinking,''they don't understand me'' I tend to think (if I'm not careful) ''they're a little bit stupid'' Heh :crazy:

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Erm... Read up on some function descriptions. :) The strength of your preferences may vary, it's mostly the attitude that matters. If you're an ENTP, you use Ti/Fe, and INFPs use Fi/Te. The differences are quite noticeable. This is a good place to start. I wasn't sure about my type either, but then I realised I just use craploads of Te to deal with people I don't like/respect. :p

Good luck! :)

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Erm... Read up on some function descriptions. :) The strength of your preferences may vary, it's mostly the attitude that matters. If you're an ENTP, you use Ti/Fe, and INFPs use Fi/Te. The differences are quite noticeable. This is a good place to start. I wasn't sure about my type either, but then I realised I just use craploads of Te to deal with people I don't like/respect. :p

Good luck! :)
Thanks for the insight :)

I have very INFP-like qualities, but I also have a few un INFP like ones such as;

• I like to provoke people and piss them off if it means taking them off their high horses
  • In conflict, I can add even more to it IF the person has pushed over my boundaries multiple times. However, still, it's situational based..so it highly depends.
I am still extremely empathetic though, as hypocritical as it sounds. Gah.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Gahhhhh.....

After some thinking, I think that I am mainly INFP. I just have E and T tendencies in some other ways.

I am sorry if it seems like I'm going in circles :confused:

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I frequently use reasoning based on ideals, but I always seek to understand how those ideals apply to principles, meanings, human behavior that drive systems. Thus I think I am a Feeler, just with a huge curious capacity.

Plus I might be too inconsistent to be an NT anyway :crazy: Sorry, random rambles again.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Sounds like you're developing your Te. Would you say that feelings/values are strictly personal and unaffected by external influence (fitting in isn't important), but logic and objective reasoning apply to everyone equally?

Still, I am no expert (far from it, really), just speaking from experience (which may or may not be correct at all).

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sounds like you're developing your Te. Would you say that feelings/values are strictly personal and unaffected by external influence (fitting in isn't important), but logic and objective reasoning apply to everyone equally?

Still, I am no expert (far from it, really), just speaking from experience (which may or may not be correct at all).
I think my Te is developing in a way, yeah. It's like I keep facing some situations which call for me to pick either T or F... And I'm trying to find balance/connections.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
So you are not a stereotypical INFP - good for you. You post lots of threads seemingly looking for people to agree with you though, not arguing, so you aren't a stereotypical ENTP either.

I second reading about the functions, either you use lots of Fi and might be an INFP or you value Fe, but it isn't second nature, and might be an ENTP.

I know I might sound overly idealistic, weird, blah blah whatever. I know I might get a lot of grief for this, and I might be called mindless/childish but here goes.

..Let us encourage each other to take better care of peace inside ourselves and in reality..Even if it starts with working in small steps..

• [*]Let's avoid/overcome unnecessary conflicts and drama that will end in nothing but damaging consequences

[*]Let's be more aware and be more compassionate towards people who are less fortunate than us

[*]Let's believe in self moderation, believe in ourselves more that we need more harmony in our lives everyday.

Changes start at home. Small changes are small steps to inspiration and success.

Simple but often overlooked.
If you want to argue that you're an ENTP please inform us what drugs you were on when writing this...

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So you are not a stereotypical INFP - good for you. You post lots of threads seemingly looking for people to agree with you though, not arguing, so you aren't a stereotypical ENTP either.

I second reading about the functions, either you use lots of Fi and might be an INFP or you value Fe, but it isn't second nature, and might be an ENTP.

If you want to argue that you're an ENTP please inform us what drugs you were on when writing this...
I do not take drugs, thank you very much. And I don't even see the point of recreational drugs, but nevermind that.

I don't think I'm ENTP..I'm not sure..My mind went in circles, hah. I still feel like I am INFP.

# Let's avoid/overcome unnecessary conflicts and drama that will end in nothing but damaging consequences

'Unnecessary' is very vague of a term in this context, I am aware of that. Unnecessary meaning emotional exploits over nothing, to be honest. And it highly depends, so in other cases, conflict can actually be functional. As a personal individual, I suppose I have my own views on unnecessary, I think I was trying to inspire other people when I wrote that.

# Let's be more aware and be more compassionate towards people who are less fortunate than us

Uhm..Yeah :dry:

How does being more compassionate take away from being able to be strategic? Weird.

# Let's believe in self moderation, believe in ourselves more that we need more harmony in our lives everyday.

Hmm maybe this last point proves I'm un-ENTP. I prefer stability in being moderate about certain things, rather than overly competitive.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
izzie said:
And I don't even see the point of recreational drugs, but nevermind that.
What's wrong with drugs? I mean so long as you don't go paying dodgy importers who do wholesale involving slaves and amimal slaughter where's the harm?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.