Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This seriously scares the shit out of me, but it dawned on me today that I may in fact be an ENTP. :mellow:

I tend to shy around most people because they are understimulating and often would not understand the way my mind works, but when I do get with people I like I am often the center of attention and leading the discussion. I love to prod others, shock them, and make them think. I am alone most of the time, but when I am online what am I doing? Talking in discussions with other people.

As Lance and some others know, I love to stir things up a bit and get a reaction out of people. I am narcissistic, over-confident, and think very highly of my intellectual capacities. I am very articulate when I am talking with others and they compliment me on my vocabulary, especially for my age (16).

This is frightening to me because I used to be very fearful of social situations because of the intense levels of anxiety that they invoked in me, but the anxiety has faded and I am always looking to connect with others. I am an Aspie, and Aspies often seek social relationships but do not know the rules and expectations of others, in other words: boundaries.

I am much too open and say more than I have to, often to test if the other person can truly handle me.

I am very passionate, enthusiastic, happy, future-looking, eccentric, quirky, and possibly an ENTP...

Help? :blushed:

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
LOL @ your title.

ENTPs aren't all bad. (Aren't bad at all!?) Just like any other PT there are +/- es, things to like and dislike, strengths and yes, weaknesses. Sorry I don't know enough about this stuff to comment on whether or not it's true. Do you test as ENTP? If the profile fits, it fits... idk. Maybe look at PT by function(Ti, Ne, etc) and see if that helps clarify things? Good luck!

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
I think you're an ENTP. But only you would know if you really was.
And that's not a bad thing. ENTPs are the people I can't live with but can't live without, and that's my favourite kind of person.
ENTPs can often really see through people, are you like that?
Are relationships important to you? Are you always looking at opportunities for growth and if there isn't any do you leave the relationship (I also mean friendships) ?
Are you honest, upfront and blunt?
Read this, it may help. It helped me when I looked at the INFJ one.

ENTP - The Innovator

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, yes, and yes. :frustrating:

Damn, I KNEW the Prick sounded familiar..debating is one of my favorite things to do. :shocked:

I'll still be in the denial stage for a bit, but wow. I could never imagine me being an Extrovert, but really, it makes so much sense it's making me queasy. :confused:

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Yes, yes, and yes. :frustrating:

Damn, I KNEW the Prick sounded familiar..debating is one of my favorite things to do. :shocked:

I'll still be in the denial stage for a bit, but wow. I could never imagine me being an Extrovert, but really, it makes so much sense. :confused:
Congratualtions you are an ENTP :)

Anybody who reads this feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. I'm kind of new to MBTI.
Just because somebody is an Extrovert doesn't mean they are mega social and confident, and Introvert can be more extroverted than an Extrovert. It's just that an Extrovert's energy is focused externally and an introvert's energy is focused internally. So you were probably an ENTP all along but just though you were an introvert because you was fearful of social situations.
I hope this makes sense.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Being an ENTP isn't a bad thing, Marino. I've known of a couple ENTP' s that were exceedingly bright, easy to talk to, and very well balanced. you strike me as a more balanced ENTP, and that's a good thing to be. It's not bad to want to debate with people. Bantering with others is one of the best ways to learn. There's benefits to it too, you have nice charm, a sense of humor that's hard to beat, and the type that is very much easy to want to live up to and be like.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Viktoria. I definitely do not want to become too unbalanced and start becoming like my father who is very critical and does not know when to STOP arguing. It is just something I have to work on, I suppose. The only thing to do is embrace myself and stop pretending to be something I'm not.

Profile changed. Farewell INTP. :frustrating:

·
Banned
1,183 Posts
you stated a lot of things towards being smart and a show off but not necessarily an ENTP.

"I am an Aspie, and Aspies often seek social relationships but do not know the rules and expectations of others, in other words: boundaries."

I'm only speak for myself as an ENTP but, i "know" the boundaries, i just push them to the limits.

The INTP and ENTP profile are pretty closely related, you just have to compare and contrast the two profiles. I resemble an ENTP/INTP/ENTJ, i hope that doesn't make me like look like me/myself/and irene.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm only speak for myself as an ENTP but, i "know" the boundaries, i just push them to the limits.
Maybe so, but you are not an Aspie. :wink:

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
You're a Spook !

This seriously scares the shit out of me, but it dawned on me today that I may in fact be an ENTP. :mellow:

I tend to shy around most people because they are understimulating and often would not understand the way my mind works, but when I do get with people I like I am often the center of attention and leading the discussion. I love to prod others, shock them, and make them think. I am alone most of the time, but when I am online what am I doing? Talking in discussions with other people.

As Lance and some others know, I love to stir things up a bit and get a reaction out of people. I am narcissistic, over-confident, and think very highly of my intellectual capacities. I am very articulate when I am talking with others and they compliment me on my vocabulary, especially for my age (16).

This is frightening to me because I used to be very fearful of social situations because of the intense levels of anxiety that they invoked in me, but the anxiety has faded and I am always looking to connect with others. I am an Aspie, and Aspies often seek social relationships but do not know the rules and expectations of others, in other words: boundaries.

I am much too open and say more than I have to, often to test if the other person can truly handle me.

I am very passionate, enthusiastic, happy, future-looking, eccentric, quirky, and possibly an ENTP...

The social movers are Horsemen (ESFJ) and bring home the bacon and jealously guard their sources (boundaries). These people are dangerous to ENTPs. But the connivers might be Wolfmen (ENTJ) and one of their favourite remarks against ENTPs is something about mirrors. This is a Nark put-down when your knowledge and perception threatens his position of authority. However, shock tactics is pure diagnostic ESTP.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Heh, Perseus called me a Spook. I feel much better about being an ENTP now. :laughing:

·
Registered
493 Posts
Dude! I'm on the same boat, except I consider myself to be a really extroverted INTP... if that makes sense. On tests, I usually do 52% I 48%E. So it's a REALLY thin line between me going INTP/ENTP.

Everyone of my friends call me the geek... the nerd... the dork and yeah, you guessed it right, the loser... that's why I thought the INTP profile fitted perfectly (INTP - The Loser)

But then I also read (ENTP - The Prick) and I related myself to SO many things in that... =(. But I really believe that many INTP can relate to that, as INTP love discussions. The only difference is that ENTP get a kick out of discussions, while INTP use them to acquire knowledge

Are you sure you are not like me, where you are an INTP, but can be an ENTP when needed? What do you really feel is your dominant trait? Introverted Thinking or Extroverted Intuition?

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dude! I'm on the same boat, except I consider myself to be a really extroverted INTP... if that makes sense. On tests, I usually do 52% I 48%E. So it's a REALLY thin line between me going INTP/ENTP.

Everyone of my friends call me the geek... the nerd... the dork and yeah, you guessed it right, the loser... that's why I thought the INTP profile fitted perfectly (INTP - The Loser)

But then I also read (ENTP - The Prick) and I related myself to SO many things in that... =(. But I really believe that many INTP can relate to that, as INTP love discussions. The only difference is that ENTP get a kick out of discussions, while INTP use them to acquire knowledge

Are you sure you are not like me, where you are an INTP, but can be an ENTP when needed? What do you really feel is your dominant trait? Introverted Thinking or Extroverted Intuition?
I know my dominant trait is Ne and secondary is Ti, so I fit the functions of an ENTP better. Yeah, I would say I am on the boat as you are - I relate HEAVILY to INTPs, which is why it is hard to accept that I am not one. However, I am always compelled to share my knowledge with others, even if the listener has no interest whatsoever and I love getting a rise out of people for entertainment (aka: the "shock" factor). :proud:

I love to deny that I feel lonely, but I am always trying to reach out to others - its just that sometimes people don't understand me. I am DEFINITELY a Visionary and I get EXTREMELY passionate when I am talking to other people about my interests irl and can be VERY talkative.

I tend to have two modes that I frequently switch between:

INTP - Alone, I absorb and accumulate as much knowledge as is feasibly possible.
ENTP - I passionately share this information with others in debates, discussions, arguments, ect. and work on projects where I can implement what I have learned.

The line is very thin, yeah, I think I am ultimately an ENTP as sharing the information stimulates me more than merely absorbing it and keeping it inside. I don't know if I am TOO passionate and lively for an INTP?

·
Registered
259 Posts

Everyone on my "type" post said I was an INTJ. Yet you described me PERFECTLY! My sister's psychologist believes that I am an Aspies too. I could have been missed typed. However, if I seriously am INTJ; then your description of yourself does not rule out other options.

·
The Doer King
13,680 Posts
Everyone on my "type" post said I was an INTJ. Yet you described me PERFECTLY! My sister's psychologist believes that I am an Aspies too. I could have been missed typed. However, if I seriously am INTJ; then your description of yourself does not rule out other options.
Being and Aspie has nothing to do with personality types. It is a form of autism. Also, you are both NT so a lot of what he will say will sound like you.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I KNOW that I am an XNTP.

The I/E line is where the blur is. When I like the person and feel them intellectually stimulating, I want to talk to them all the time and am extremely talkative, extroverted, rambling, passionate, eccentric, never want to leave them, and I am a typical ENTP. However, I find most people obnoxious and dull so I avoid whenever possible and retreat to seclusion like a typical INTP. However, when I AM alone I always long for people who can understand me. Once I develop friends, I LOVE being around them because we click and "get" each other...its a spiritual experience. Ideally, if I liked most people, there is no doubt that I would behave like an ENTP all the time. The problem is: most people suck.

It's tragic, really. :proud:

·
Registered
259 Posts
I KNOW that I am an XNTP.

The I/E line is where the blur is. When I like the person and feel them intellectually stimulating, I want to talk to them all the time and am extremely talkative, extroverted, ramble, never want to leave them, and I am a typical ENTP. However, I find most people obnoxious and dull so I avoid them at all costs and retreat to seclusion like a typical INTP.

It's tragic, really. :proud:
No one fits into one type perfectly. I do the same as you do.
:laughing:Oh well.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts