1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am recently doubting my I,:unsure:
as in every examination period,
the preparation period (doing revision),
I could hardly stay long with the book for a long time.
Then, I would have a great desire to find someone,
fb msg, or phone, or face-to-face,
gotta find someone to talk something,
even few sentences,
I would gain motivation to study forward...
(of coz, if he/she actually show no interest to talk with me, then it does not work and even make me feeling bad)
It seems that, energy comes from the peers/friends,
am I really introverted?
or actually extraverted?
or it's nothing to do with MBTI?

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Nothing to do with your type. I was exactly the same when i was in school. Whenever i had to read revision books i would almsot instantly try get my friends attention so i could talk and have a laugh with them. I hated having to revise, so i rarely did it.(suffered for it a bit though)

I hear that ISFPs are the most extroverted introvert.

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
In MBTI, it's part of it, in JCF it's nothing to do with it. JCF is truly superior but it takes a lot of patience and study to get vs MBTI because you really have to dig deep if you've never read anything (or remember, if you did) Jung-related whatsoever. In short it depends on what you want to use typology for to decide which system to go with. MBTI is a good start, but if you really want to dig in, you'll probably end up in JCF in some way or another. I didn't exactly start with either but here I am picking up Jung books and reading them.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Just because we're introverted doesn't mean that being social doesn't give us satisfaction or motivate us, or that we don't love showing things to friends just because they're there. That's what having friends is all about- count yourself lucky! And like @Wendixy said, your Se is bound to make you restless and impulsive sometimes. I mean, who wouldn't get restless and start to seek social interaction during a revision session?

This sort of thing is better defined when you are in your element. The desire to message people or talk to friends isn't really a measure of your introversion or extroversion. It's a better idea to compare how you deal with large groups with how you deal with free time alone. An introvert will typically tire easily at a party; an extravert will bore easily alone. Consider your environment and hobbies- do you most often prefer to be stimulated by many things at once, or do you focus on specific things for extended periods?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just because we're introverted doesn't mean that being social doesn't give us satisfaction or motivate us, or that we don't love showing things to friends just because they're there. That's what having friends is all about- count yourself lucky! And like @Wendixy said, your Se is bound to make you restless and impulsive sometimes. I mean, who wouldn't get restless and start to seek social interaction during a revision session?

This sort of thing is better defined when you are in your element. The desire to message people or talk to friends isn't really a measure of your introversion or extroversion. It's a better idea to compare how you deal with large groups with how you deal with free time alone. An introvert will typically tire easily at a party; an extravert will bore easily alone. Consider your environment and hobbies- do you most often prefer to be stimulated by many things at once, or do you focus on specific things for extended periods?
Actually, I have some ISFP friends, but they seem to able to study alone, don't have that need of finding people...
even when we study together, they could just keeping study...with headphone...very quietly...in many many hours...
but I just can't do that, I really want to talk sth with others, it seems gaining support from others...
btw, I can't stay long for one thing, I'm easy distracted...
but actually, it quite depends on how it takes my attention or sth....
I could sit there doing nothing, thinking nothing for a period of time, but I would be easily get tired when reading books, playing computer games...
actually... may not be tired...could just leave from it doing other thing, maybe walk around, or sth...
I'm sure I couldn't paint sth as I don't have this patient and ability...
I'm sure I couldn't keep on singing tho I love it, I would get tired...
But actually, I could not handle several things at one time, but I like to switch thing for a period of time...

·
Registered
864 Posts
Actually, I have some ISFP friends, but they seem to able to study alone, don't have that need of finding people...
even when we study together, they could just keeping study...with headphone...very quietly...in many many hours...
but I just can't do that, I really want to talk sth with others, it seems gaining support from others...
btw, I can't stay long for one thing, I'm easy distracted...
but actually, it quite depends on how it takes my attention or sth....
I could sit there doing nothing, thinking nothing for a period of time, but I would be easily get tired when reading books, playing computer games...
actually... may not be tired...could just leave from it doing other thing, maybe walk around, or sth...
I'm sure I couldn't paint sth as I don't have this patient and ability...
I'm sure I couldn't keep on singing tho I love it, I would get tired...
But actually, I could not handle several things at one time, but I like to switch thing for a period of time...
Work ethics has something to do with it. I've built my work ethics over time. I do have the urge to talk to people as well, but I would end up distracting them. I'd be better off studying quietly. lol

I can distracted too. That's why I use headphones when I study. That way, I don't have to listen to people's chatters and become distracted.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts