Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello again,

I had an other topic about this issue but really I don't know if I'm INFJ or INFP...

So I thought if you wanted to check me and tell me your views.
Also please, if you tell me to be INFJ / INFP tell also WHY ! :happy:

So some of my qualities:

- very honest, though I try to be also diplomatic. Also honest with my activities: I won't act against my principles. And I never pretend anything.
- I have very clear moral principles, religion etc. I love discussing about these issues with people, but strictly only on constructive way. I don't like debating if something exists or not. Rather I discuss about: how does it affect our happiness and the way we act, if we think in certain way ? I only like debate when it's constructive.
- I can be poetic and write stories and such, but only spontaneously. I'm not always artistic, it just comes (especially on bad mood, or on extraordinary good mood)... Things just comes from the pen.
And I'm not really creative in other ways: just about writing. I'm terrible in music (though I always listen to sad songs when I'm sad and sing them of course :) )
- I like staying at home, spending time with only very close people. I appear different to my close people and to those I don't know so well: for outsiders I look much more confident, independent etc. than for closest people. They see the emotional, vulnerable, insecure part of me... Also in big groups I don't talk, but when I get to it with someone, I am very talkative, as long as there is interesting issues
- I try not to judge people, but their actions: I think everyone is eventually good. If someone is acting in bad ways I think more like "s/he has some problems and needs help"...
- I have basic "wonder about life" often on my heart; like an innocent child looking at the world about first times... This makes me ask lots of funny sounding questions. And yeah I generally ask lots of all kinds of questions since I wish to learn about things...
- About the talking style: I maybe talk more in a direct way (but not harsh). For example if I want to go to shop, I say "Could we go to shop?/Let's go to shop" rather than "There is very interesting things on the shop".
- I'm not into rituals/outer habits.. I don't care at all if I get roses from my loved one on valentines day; only thing that matters is his real feelings and those should be there equally everyday, not only on valentines day :) Just example.
- I experience my life most of all in mind... I also feel easily people's feelings and that can make me uncomfortable... For example if someone close to me has stress etc I may end up very anxious and crying etc. Also when I read about someone's suffering it has similar effect. I don't really watch tv since I can't take the amount on humane suffering there is shown (realistic things are worst)... But also when I'm with happy people, I feel happy.
- I always plan about future... Already in the childhood I have always had quite detailed plans about what I will be when I grow up, where I live and so on... I always have an general idea about what I want from my life etc. but in everyday life I don't have a specific schedule: 7AM wake up, eat porridge, do this, do this =) Maybe I live a little in my future plans/dreams
- I feel need to write. I feel like writing arranges my thoughts. It's essential for keeping my mind clear :)
- I most of time have certain lonely/yearning feeling in my heart. I wish to do something important and meaningful that would help to relieve other people's suffering etc...
- I don't like outer orders. I want to choose myself what I do.
- I feel very vulnerable about showing my creative and emotional side (thus I don't show it often)
- I can be socially clumsy, I don't always understand norms...
- I tend to see the world/existence as a very wide and full of possibilities.
- I believe in unconditional, impartial love towards all beings.

I don't know if these helps you at all. Personally I find it very hard to put myself on INFJ or INFP box. If someone out there managed to read this all, you can also ask me more specific questions if it helps.
Anyway, if you are going to tell me which one I am, please give me the reasons :unsure: Otherwise I can't think anything of it...

Thanks !

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I tried to read something from your post, but to me most of that seems to be common for both INFJs and INFPs.

I'd suggest you check out these definitions (ENFP Wiki) and see if you can group them into three groups.

1. Very much you
2. Maybe you or a somewhat you
3. Not you

Also note if there is any function in particular that you wished you had more of or less of.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1. Very much me
Introverted Intuition (this is just completely me)

2. Maybe me or a somewhat me
Introverted Thinking (just little bit me, surely not main thing on me; I think I have this side and can use it when I intentionally will so; for example when having discussion about intellectual issue)
Introverted Feeling (moral, empathy and devotion parts = me. Others no comments)
Extroverted Feeling (I'm not that perfect; always positive etc... I have some of these qualities. Often in real life I anyway don't know how to express things etc. But I feel other's feelings easily and I wish I could make people happy)

3. Not me
Extroverted Sensing
Extroverted Intuition
Introverted Sensing
Extroverted Thinking

I wished to be more:
Extroverted Intuition (would be handy to understand things immediately, rather than think afterwards...)
Introverted Sensing (would help to getting things done etc)

I wished to be less:
Nothing.

---

Conclusion is INFJ quite clearly ? Is it normal for INFJ to have little weak Fe? I'm not really even sure is it weak. It's hard to know by myself :)

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
You seem to know fairly well where you stand in relation to the functions... :happy:

If you note that INFJ is Ni>Fe>Ti>Se and INFP is Fi>Ne>Si>Te, it is clear (as you say) that INFJ fits better.

Was there anything in particular (besides the test results) that made you feel that you might be an INFP or that you might not be an INFJ?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The only reason I was thinking about INFP was the test results. I get INFP result from most tests.

But I guess I'll just ignore it :)

Thanks for helping me to clear this out.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
The only reason I was thinking about INFP was the test results. I get INFP result from most tests.
It appears to be common for tests to incorrectly return INFP for INFJ or vice versa. Many of the tests use orderliness and need for structure as a way to determine P or J, and that is not the best way to distinguish between INFP and INFJ. So standardized tests only go so far...

But I guess I'll just ignore it :)
Yep, go for INFJ unless you sense something is not right. Staying with us here on the forum for a while, would probably make you feel more certain about your type. :happy:

Thanks for helping me to clear this out.
My pleasure! :happy:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts