Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, everyone! :)
So it's been more than two months since I've taken my first MBTI test and I got INFP as a result. However, when I tried to know more about my personality type, I stumbled upon a website which spoke about the signs to "know you're an INFP", but others spotted that these were signs for INFJs. I felt quite near to the things said in that website, though, and thus near the INFJ's type as well, even after I read about INFJs, so my trust issues began. My doubts were amplified when both my best friend and my mother typed me as more of an INFJ... I know for sure that my enneagram type is 4w5, but whose type, it's still an elusive information to me.

1. I try to be both truthful and tactful. If someone asks me to say something I don't feel, I'm likely to think "Why on Earth should I say that?!" and I'll categorically refuse. However, if someone asks me "Am I bad at (that)?" I tend to soften up the truth by saying "No, don't think that way," or "I'm bad at it too." Unless I'm talking to my dearest ones. Then I want to be entirely honest, even if they don't always take it well.
2. I feel a need to be with people, to connect with them. At the same time, though, I want to stay true to myself. I prefer to be alone than to be with willingly ignorant and obtuse human beings, or to show my sweet and caring side and risk being hurt.
3. I'm likely to know someone's personality and way of thinking in a few minutes since the first meeting. Even though I don't know everything about them and their life, I can get an hunch of what their true self is behind the mask of appearance.
4. I often see people as mean and willing to do bad acts without regretting it, so I may be reticent to open up to most.
5. If there's someone who's a special snowflake, I feel an innate sense of protection towards them and I want to shield them from the ugliness of the world. I may describe them as "rays of sunshine".
6. If someone talks badly about another person, I may not intervene to preserve the peace.
7. I sometimes think other people (but mostly my closest ones) should be like this or that, should do this or that, and I get annoyed when they don't do/be what they're supposed to do/be. However, I value individuality and I look for someone who has his/her act together and can be perfectly indipendent.
8. The same attitude I give to strangers: if someone can't compare to my mental image of "The friend", I'll likely not become friends with them because I don't want to spend energies uselessly and don't want to get hurt. However, if someone shows interest in me, I'll talk to them even if I don't feel like they can be trusted.
9. I am insecure. I don't want to be a burden to people and oftentimes I won't talk to others because I believe I'm not clever/nice/good at small talks enough.
10. Speaking of the latter. Small talks. I can listen to people rantle, but I can't find anything useful to say. As if my mind went utterly blank. I know they're simple topics, but I don't know why, I just can't seem to figure out how they work.
11. I'm always tired. And lazy. My mind is in a constant haze, especially when I'm at home. Always there, buzzing in the background, waiting for me with thoughts to analyze and scenarios to imagine.
12. I daydream a lot. Especially when I ain't enjoying the reality outside of my mind. Or when I want to speak to/know someone. If I want to hang out with someone, I'm most likely to think about it and to imagine how would it be than to act upon it.
13. When I talk, oftentimes I say things so incomprehensible to others that they ask me if I'm on drugs, even if in my mind they make perfect sense.
14. I hate when people can't seem to use logic. Like, I've just told you, why can't you put the information I told you with your database of informations? I usually roll my eyes at such displays.
15. I see into the future. I don't predict things logically, I litterally see: when I'm dreaming, or when I'm awake, it may happen that I get images of situations that will surely happen, with all the baggage of the context and the situation, how I'm feeling and what I'm thinking in the future.
16. People has told me my entire life that I seem older than my age.
17. I can get hunches. Always in the way of feelings. For instance, when a teacher asks me a question I don't know the answer to, I sometimes formulate that question in my mind and I receive the correct answer, even if I have no clue where it's coming from. I like to joke and say it's the Universe's act, but the truth is I don't know.
18. I'm a procrastinator, but I strive for perfection. I want nothing less than the best. Also because I fear otherwise I won't get a good grade. This brings me to fulltime anxious studying a few days before the deadline. And I won't get satisfied until I know everything of everything. And even then I may not be fully satisfied.
19. I see through images. I can't understand things unless I see them in my mind. Thus, rational facts without images backup seem incomprehensible to me.
20. I tend to suppress my emotions. I don't want to feel the bad ones and I've got a hard time letting myself go and enjoy the positive ones, so I just create this shield which protects me from feelings, makes me feel numb. I can only seem to bring myself to tears, and, even if I feel better once I've cried, I still feel ashamed because I did and, no, I know, that's not good. Once or twice I've experienced others' pain too, but I try not to feel emotions AT ALL, so, yeah. Not so many times.
21. People say I'm mean, when I'm actually just being cynic and realistic.
21. I can spend days caught up in my own mind only to then realize my presence's been missing in my relationships with my friends; or I can talk only once or twice a day with the few friends I have, and that's okay by me. I may do it, but I need to know I've got someone to return to, or I'll feel utterly demotivated and worthless.

Sorry for the long list, by the way.
And for my English, it's not my native language ;_;

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
I'll go by feeble hunches for the most part. It's really tough to tell INFP 4s and INFJ 4s from each other, since they'll likely look very similar on the outside.

Edit: I'm also only going to assume INFP and INFJ as the possible types here. :smile:

1. INFP. I believe the average INFJ would have been all "Why would this person ask me to say something like that? What's their angle here?". Your comment highlights sternness and truth to personal views which isn't as pronounced in an INFJ 4.

2. ‎INFP more than INFJ, although could be both.

3. ‎Slightly more INFJ than INFP here, although this is something at which Fours are especially adept.

4. INFP more than INFJ, although, again, mostly Fourish.

5. Just Fours being Fours with each other. :tongue:

6. Depends. Tilting towards INFJ.

7. INFJ, maybe? If you do this often, it's more likely INFJ's auxiliary Fe than INFP's inferior Te at work.

8. 4w5.

9. Four.

10. Unsure, but I sympathise. Four.

11. 4w5 - God, it's hard to spot defining differences here!

12. Sounds more like INFP, but mostly Four.

13. Heh, this sounds NFP as hell! Especially the part about seeming as if on drugs. Most Ne users (NFP, NTP) report being incomprehensible at times, but I don't find that to be something INFJs struggle with a lot.

14. Sounds like INFP's tertiary Si and inferior Te at work here, although I wouldn't rule out INFJ either.

15. This is stereotypical of how the INFJ's introverted intuition (Ni) sometimes works, but all people get premonitions at times.

16. Not telling of either type, imo.

17. This sounds a lot like Ni. This immediately clicked with how I operate on a daily basis. It happens in the background and you have no idea where it's coming from - it's likely Ni over the INFP's Ne.

18. Enneagram One in the tritype or self-preserving (sp) Four. I'm going to go with the latter. Sounds like INFP to me, since you want to know (memorise?) everything. INFJs deal more with huge concepts than lots of detail.

19. Eh, probably INFP.

20. Welcome to 4w5 (sp) club, please find a seat. Also, not feeling others, that's either an INFJ persistently not using Feeling or not an INFJ.

21. 4w5.

Overall I'd tilt towards INFP - with a somewhat developed Ni - with a probability of 75%.

·
Registered
10,454 Posts
Hmm I think INTP is also a possibility so look into that.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll go by feeble hunches for the most part. It's really tough to tell INFP 4s and INFJ 4s from each other, since they'll likely look very similar on the outside.

Edit: I'm also only going to assume INFP and INFJ as the possible types here.

1. INFP. I believe the average INFJ would have been all "Why would this person ask me to say something like that? What's their angle here?". Your comment highlights sternness and truth to personal views which isn't as pronounced in an INFJ 4.

2. ‎INFP more than INFJ, although could be both.

3. ‎Slightly more INFJ than INFP here, although this is something at which Fours are especially adept.

4. INFP more than INFJ, although, again, mostly Fourish.

5. Just Fours being Fours with each other.

6. Depends. Tilting towards INFJ.

7. INFJ, maybe? If you do this often, it's more likely INFJ's auxiliary Fe than INFP's inferior Te at work.

8. 4w5.

9. Four.

10. Unsure, but I sympathise. Four.

11. 4w5 - God, it's hard to spot defining differences here!

12. Sounds more like INFP, but mostly Four.

13. Heh, this sounds NFP as hell! Especially the part about seeming as if on drugs. Most Ne users (NFP, NTP) report being incomprehensible at times, but I don't find that to be something INFJs struggle with a lot.

14. Sounds like INFP's tertiary Si and inferior Te at work here, although I wouldn't rule out INFJ either.

15. This is stereotypical of how the INFJ's introverted intuition (Ni) sometimes works, but all people get premonitions at times.

16. Not telling of either type, imo.

17. This sounds a lot like Ni. This immediately clicked with how I operate on a daily basis. It happens in the background and you have no idea where it's coming from - it's likely Ni over the INFP's Ne.

18. Enneagram One in the tritype or self-preserving (sp) Four. I'm going to go with the latter. Sounds like INFP to me, since you want to know (memorise?) everything. INFJs deal more with huge concepts than lots of detail.

19. Eh, probably INFP.

20. Welcome to 4w5 (sp) club, please find a seat. Also, not feeling others, that's either an INFJ persistently not using Feeling or not an INFJ.

21. 4w5.

Overall I'd tilt towards INFP - with a somewhat developed Ni - with a probability of 75%.

Wow, thank you for taking all of that time to answer! I really appreciate it :)
I hadn't noticed how many things were just "4w5" things, so thank you for making me notice them too!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts