Personality Cafe banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem, I'm confused with my MBTI results. First, I got INTP, But when I took another test in another website, I got INFP, when I read both descriptions, both of the results really looks like me. I can be a thinker (T), but I also can be emotional (F). Can someone help me? :frustrating:

·
Registered
275 Posts
all depends on how you make decisions, Imagine a problem to be solved hurting the feelings of others, would you do ?? or you would look for a more difficult way but where people harmony is not damaged?,Whether you're an emo who cries all the time, if you act objectively and can make decisions on facts and not feelings, you're thinking type

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, for example, I will be think like this :
"There's no bad guy in this world, they just need the existence of love, with love we can make peace" or, "this is irrational. Feelings are weird and un understandable. Why all of these people are so emotional?"
Still confused

·
Registered
275 Posts
Well, for example, I will be think like this :
"There's no bad guy in this world, they just need the existence of love, with love we can make peace" or, "this is irrational. Feelings are weird and un understandable. Why all of these people are so emotional?"
Still confused
then you are intp, because your thinking about the world, despite being idealistic, you say like a system, I know many intp seeking a better world, but remain intp because they think objectively.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
then you are intp, because your thinking about the world, despite being idealistic, you say like a system, I know many intp seeking a better world, but remain intp because they think objectively.
I see.. Thanks for your answer :kitteh:

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
The facts that

1) Nobody is at the 100% extreme of any MyersBriggs spectrum (even though the descriptions you'll find on the internet are generally written about the hypothetical 100% extremes)

2) different tests are biased in different directions (some make you look more F than you really are, some make you look more J, some make you look more N...)

mean that it's generally best to take 3-4 different tests and then average the results rather than just trying to pick one or the other. Do you still have the specific numbers from the tests you took?

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
The facts that

1) Nobody is at the 100% extreme of any MyersBriggs spectrum (even though the descriptions you'll find on the internet are generally written about the hypothetical 100% extremes)

2) different tests are biased in different directions (some make you look more F than you really are, some make you look more J, some make you look more N...)

mean that it's generally best to take 3-4 different tests and then average the results rather than just trying to pick one or the other. Do you still have the specific numbers from the tests you took?
You should include that into your signature.
Simple "." would be enough then.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Try more sites and research yourself a little (See if you like something from the other etc.)

You may have a lot of potential, you don't know about yourself yet!~

Keep up the good work~

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
All of the responses at the start of this thread remind me of the time when I was stuck between ENTP and INTP; and when from a dichotomy point of view I didn't strongly fit either side, I was branded an ambivert. Isn't basically everyone in the world an ambivert to some degree?

There are questionnaires on this forum; these are generally far more helpful than tests. I agree with the OP's sentiments; you read a type description after a test and it transforms a weak logical preference into a guy who loves theories but vomits at the concept of love. Truth is, the questions on tests are so ambiguous and don't really dig into the way you judge or perceive the world.

I know six people off the bat who've tested as INTJs; I am sure that four of them are Fe-users, possibly five of them. In fact, the one person that leaves, I read as ENTJ.

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
Tests are stupid. I wouldn't rely on them for anything more than as a starting point. You are confident you are an INxP, so look at how Fi and Ti act as a leading function with Ne support. There is also the small chance you could be an Ne dom. I thought I was an INxP until I read Psychological Types and was like that is me when I read about Ne. Then I read a variety of things on the internet about ENTP and ENFP and knew I was one of those types. It constantly and briefly changes because Ne is hyperactive and always looking at new possibilities, but I'm very sure I'm an ENFP when I think about my life. Anyways, just read up on the functions.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The difference between INFP and INTP are vastly different.

INFP's functions are Fi-Ne-Si-Te. Their strong Fi makes them know what makes them feel a certain emotion, and why. They are usually heavily in tune with their feelings. With this, they generate new ways to express their ideas, thus usually being able to be creative in unique ways. However, because of their low Te, they are usually super stubborn and almost are never open in new ideas. They usually don't listen to even proof, and might prove their points with odd facts. They're usually super opinionated unless their Te is developed well, which then they are somewhat reluctant with outside opinions.

INTP's functions Ti-Ne-Si-Fe. Their strong Ti makes them curious about the world, and they're always trying to find out what the behind-the-scene cause is. They know their limits well. They think about all of the ways they could go about a situation and narrow it down to one based on previous experience. They learn more from trail-and-error. However, their low Fe makes them super drained whenever they look at others' emotions. If they have bad Fe, they might think of others' vents as a waste of time or just in general don't seem to understand how others feel.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts