Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, new member here.

I've taken several different tests, and I always get either INTP or INTJ as a result. The description of INTP seems to fit me better, but i'm not entirely sure. I'm starting to think I may just want to be INTJ, because from what I read they're considered "better" than INTP. They can make decisions, are more determined and motivated, are more witty, etc.

About me:
- I'm definately introvert. I enjoy spending time by myself reading, drawing, listening to music or just thinking. I have a select group of people that I care much about. To others I am very hard to reach.
- People often tell me i'm very calm, detached and down to earth, sometimes even too much given the situation.
- I'm confident in my own abilities, but try to keep it to myself in order not to come across as arrogant. I get told by people who don't know me well I shouldn't be so insecure, but i'm really not.
- I don't like to plan ahead, but prefer just taking things as they come. On the other hand, I do obsessively keep my room organized, and i've never been late in my life. I do things last-minute, but always get it done (well) in time.
- I don't work well in groups because I want to do everything my way.
- Most adults like me, most people my age don't.
- I pick up random interests that I spend some time learning everything about, only to forget about them entirely when I find something new.

I hope that's enough information. Any help finding out my type would be great :)

·
Registered
782 Posts
Hey, new member here.

I've taken several different tests, and I always get either INTP or INTJ as a result. The description of INTP seems to fit me better, but i'm not entirely sure. I'm starting to think I may just want to be INTJ, because from what I read they're considered "better" than INTP. They can make decisions, are more determined and motivated, are more witty, etc.

About me:
- I'm definately introvert. I enjoy spending time by myself reading, drawing, listening to music or just thinking. I have a select group of people that I care much about. To others I am very hard to reach.
- People often tell me i'm very calm, detached and down to earth, sometimes even too much given the situation.
- I'm confident in my own abilities, but try to keep it to myself in order not to come across as arrogant. I get told by people who don't know me well I shouldn't be so insecure, but i'm really not.
- I don't like to plan ahead, but prefer just taking things as they come. On the other hand, I do obsessively keep my room organized, and i've never been late in my life. I do things last-minute, but always get it done (well) in time.
- I pick up random interests that I spend some time learning everything about, only to forget about them entirely when I find something new.

I hope that's enough information. Any help finding out my type would be great :)
INTJs are not better than INTPs. you guys have a one-up over us in the sense that you're more open to possibilities:happy: and..i think INTPs are more witty..the whole perception of possibilities thing
and, here is your step by step breakdown of why you are an INTP
1.this is definitely I then
2. this is independent of T or F
3. this is extroverted feeling. "..in order not to come across as.." not saying intjs dont do this, but intps are more likely to. this isn't that strong of a point though.
4. the "prefer taking things as they come" is a P trait. i am an INTJ, and i have a plan for everything. including my career plan, life plan, what i will eat for tomorrow plan...*list goes on* i cannot rest till ive got at least some sort of a plan.
5.lol, welcome to the T club. disclaimer: I enjoy working in groups, but ONLY when the other people have good ideas to contribute. if they don't then ill do it my way
6. ..makes no difference..
7. the last sentence definitely shows a P trait..unless..do you forget about them because you're distracted or because you think it is pointless? and do u work better in short bursts or prefer to work steadily on something till it is completed? that would help

·
Registered
153 Posts
what makes you think N over S? do you follow steps, see big picture, what? are you here and now or future oriented? how do you reach decisions? and since i'm being lazy, can you take the functions test here and list the results? it might help those more knowledgeable with how they work.

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
Hey, new member here.

About me:

You are more INTP.

There are advantages and disadvantages to all types. If there's something about your type you don't like, you can always work on improving it.. improve your decisions making. Ne is quite good at being witty, but it needs to be refined with experience.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
7. the last sentence definitely shows a P trait..unless..do you forget about them because you're distracted or because you think it is pointless? and do u work better in short bursts or prefer to work steadily on something till it is completed? that would help
I forget because i'm simply distracted by something new, and then I lose my interest in the previous thing.

The reason I think i'm N is because I always look towards the future, and try to see all the different possibilities. I'm a pretty abstract thinker too.

I'm actually pretty convinced I am INTP now, thanks for the help :) I was worried that, because of my type, I could never have any real goals and be motivated enough to reach them. I'll just try my best to do it anyways.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I forget because i'm simply distracted by something new, and then I lose my interest in the previous thing.

The reason I think i'm N is because I always look towards the future, and try to see all the different possibilities. I'm a pretty abstract thinker too.

I'm actually pretty convinced I am INTP now, thanks for the help :) I was worried that, because of my type, I could never have any real goals and be motivated enough to reach them. I'll just try my best to do it anyways.
i see. well you do seem like an INTP. have you ever tried a cognitive functions test? i find those to be more reliable than online MBTI tests. i did it and it pegged me as an INTJ. for example, you could be an INTP that likes artsy stuff, so those online tests may type you as INFP, when you're not. i can't find any good links at the moment, but if i do, ill post them =). and yes, INTPs do have real goals and CAN reach them. einstein certainly did.

·
Banned
1,217 Posts
Taking a stab in the dark here, but I'm going to guess INTP.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts