Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So for some time now I had trouble deciding if I'm INTP or ISTP.

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

I've had mixed results on personality tests. Also, although I am a thinker and can be philosophical (INTP), I am easily bored and am the type of person that has a TON of trouble sitting still and need something to distract me (ISTP). Also, while I can get theoretical, I also have a practical side, as I prefer my birthday/Christmas presents to have a practical purpose (for example, a watch, card games to make dorm life interesting, clothes that I need, etc.).

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

I'm not sure what I yearn for in life. I guess getting a job that doesn't require me to sit behind a
desk ALL THE TIME, or at least one that grabs my attention.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

I'm not entirely sure but I guess when I was making things like LEGO stuff or the mini-ballista I made for tech class.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

The fact that I am unable to sit around long enough to completely focus on homework and the likes.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

Pro-cons, gut feelings

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

My emphasis is usually to get my portion of the project done as well as possible if it's a group project. Otherwise, I try my best to finish it on time in the best quality.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

Prom was a lot of fun. The memory is very vivid and one of my favorite events in my life.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

I LOVE hands-on learning. Whether it's lab assignments in science class or building stuff in tech class, I prefer hands-on learning to keep me engaged. Even when I'm reading a textbook I take notes from the textbook so I can use the notes as a study guide. However, I also incorporate a lot of memorization into learning as well.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?

Very, very disorganized. Even my mind is a mess half the time.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

I generally do a little bit of both.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

I like to follow what I believe and being myself, but I'm not that assertive towards other people.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

I speak before thinking most of the time and I prefer one-on-one communication.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

It really depends on the situation.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

I would hang out with my friends.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

I pace around the room and seldom sit down for more than 10 minutes.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

I dislike arrogance, bigotry, and/or ignorance from other people because it just seems as though the person is trying way to hard to seem superior or politically correct, yet they are being incredibly shallow.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

I'm generally very flexible with what I talk about, as long as it's not about very personal things.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life

Things that aren't of utmost importance to me.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

One of my friends did say that I was witty and had a good sense of humor. Generally I'm perceived as laid-back. What my friends never would say about my personality would be that I'm soft or sensitive.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

Going for long walks, playing computer games, hanging out with friends and eat a lot, playing tennis, baseball, and ultimate frisbee.

·
Registered
367 Posts
You sound very ESTP-ish to me. Have you ever considered that type? But if you're really set on being ISTP or INTP, you are more ISTP than INTP. I'd suggest you look into ESTP, though. The need to keep doing things is VERY ESTP.

This guy's an ESTP and has very astute observations on being that type. Check 'em out.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
ISTP over INTP definitely. Your first four questions all lean that way lol. Could be an ESTP, but definitely a strong Ti - Se user. Welcome to PerC :)

·
Registered
6,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess it is possible that I'm an ESTP, but usually I'm not inclined to be outgoing like most Exxx people. One thing to note is that whenever I've taken Myers-Briggs tests, although I leaned towards I, I was very close towards E as well.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I agree you sound more ISTP. I've read that along with ISFPs, ISTPs are the most 'intuitive' like of all the Sensors. So that could be a reason why you are confused.

You could also have well developed Ni (ISTPs tertiary cognitive function) which could be a reason why you sometimes score INTP. Just a thought :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts