Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've always believed I'm introverted, but I asked a friend and she said she always assumed I was an extravert... here's a bit about me, feel free to ask anything else you want to :)

Things that make me believe I'm introverted:
I enjoy spending my time alone- reading and stuff, but if I spend too much time alone I get restless and irritated.
I don't like going to parties, I think they're boring.
I've always had amazing focus and attention for one subject at a time
I hate small talk
I always think before talking
I don't really contribute to "group" projects- I'm the one sitting there listening to everyone else's ideas and in the meanwhile coming up with my own idea that is complete and wait for the right time to sneak it into the conversation.
I'm rather untrusting of other people
I like discussions with depth and meaning

Things that make other people think I'm extraverted:
I'm usually pretty happy and always smiling
I'm generally open with my feelings BUT only the feelings I feel like sharing with others, if that makes sense. If I'm tired or sad and I want other people to know that, then I'll allow others to see it. But if I"m tired or sad and really don't want to be questioned I'm really good at putting on a fake face.
I talk really, really fast
I can be distracted quite easily
I will strike up conversations with people I don't know, but only if I'm in an atmosphere that I know. Like, I wont talk to the stranger standing behind me at the checkout line at the grocery store.
I laugh a lot
I like spending time with people, just not ALL the time.

That's all I could come up with right now. What do you think? Am I I or E?

·
Registered
ESFJ
642 Posts
You sound introverted to me. Introverts can act outgoing and such, but they can't sustain it like Extroverts can (if I understand properly). You are an Introvert if you need to recover or rest from being around people.

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
Just determine whether your dominant function is Ni or Fe. An INFJ leads with Ni and an ENFJ leads with Fe. With my understanding of Fe, I'd lean toward INFJ for you, but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Usually, I'd say that if you were asking, you're probably an extrovert, but in this case it seems like you're probably an introvert. Do you know about functions?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I guess most people have a little of each actually. I myself have wondered whether i am an Introvert or Extrovert. It is funny because I am a rather shy person, when people first meet me they think I am an introvert but after knowing me a while they say I am extroverted. I like going to parties, dancing, clubbing, but at the same time I am afraid of public speaking. I am like the most talkative person in the group, but the moment I have to give a speech or presentation I start to freeze. And unlike most extroverts I do not crave attention, you'll never see me posting a video of myself on Youtube rambling some nonsense or something like that. At the same time, I get bored very easily, if I am alone at home typing some work on the computer I need to be connected with my friends with IM. Otherwise I'd die of boredom.

So I guess I am a bit of both, much like yourself!:happy:

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Extroverts feel energized when the center of attention or when interacting in groups. Introverts feel like being in social situations drain them and they need alone time to recharge.

For example, I, an extrovert, thoroughly enjoy giving speeches and/or being interviewed. Very few opportunities in life give you such an opportunity to just talk about yourself or give an opinion to an audience. My heart races like I'm having an adrenaline rush - it flips a confidence switch on in me. For the rest of the day, I'll be super talkative and outgoing. I'll start out slow and shy, but every person I'll talk to fires me up more and more.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm like 100% sure or at least 90% sure your an introvert. I say this because extroverts don't really think before talking because it comes so naturally. Also they seem to, or at least to me, to always want to be with a person. For example my sister can't stand a single second of not being or talking to a person, otherwise she becomes a whimpering dog waiting for her human companion. Also I too am an introvert, and I'm quite friendly and can even talk when comfortable and choose to, but not when I don't want to. It takes a little extra effort for introverts, even this now what I'm doing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts