Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everybody! First post here, think im in the right place. Im gonna cut to the chase, because me overthinking on stuff doesn't help right now. So the very first time I ever took the test I came up to be an INTJ, but when I read it did not sounded like me at all. Then I did several other tests, I did SO many that I managed to manipulate the results I wanted to get xD. I said to myself "this is not working" so I went and start digging into the cognitive functions and start comparing it to my real life. SO.

The reasons why I think I'm an ISTP
- I was never very girly. I dont use make up, I dont do my hair, I dress sporty. I use cremes only if I have to/ there is a reason for it.
- When guys are flirting with me I can see straight thru them.
-I don't like the cheesy, romantic stuff. I do like affection but only from my partner.
- I was a rebel.. awful,awful rebel when I was at school.
- I was into sports. Running, cycling, volleyball, racing cars.
- I trouble shoot stuff. If somebody has technology problem I do everything I can and.. I usually succeed.
- I met my ESTJ ex with which I had great communications (straight forward, we just .. placed ourselves out there and we were honest to each other, because I told myself this is the guy I want) and we both like cars. But I like cars for the adrenaline (altho im scared of it) and the esthetics of the car. And altho I understand very little from cars I am always able to help my boyfriend around the car problems, viewing the engine. I ask him how it should actually look and I use all my capacity to figure it out.
- I find out very quickly what works and what doesn't with people or tech stuff.
- People tell me I overthink and that I shouldn't, but I find it useful so I continue doing it.
- I hate dishonesty, just say what its the problem, don't passive aggressive me, tell me where I did wrong and we can think it/work it out.
- People tell me I make them "think" on stuff. I ask questions, I give theories and data (anything that I know)
- Very private.
- I don't stick with stuff. My ISFJ mum and my ESTJ boyfriend have to remind me to do stuff. To drink water, to put a medical creme.
- I am great at making names. We found out about that with my ESTJ when I start playing WoW, I was always coming up with original names, they always followed logic too.
- If I try hard I can figure out complicated data from the boring conventional institutions. Their bureaucracy.
- If somebody tells me to do something and it makes sense I will do it, but I will also attend the needs of my loved ones.
- I came up with my own theory about aliens.

Why I think im an ISFP

- I can get emotional from movies or when I see unfairness in the world.
- I have strong personal values (do follow some logic.. sometimes)
- I block completely when somebody is emotional. If my mother is talking to me normally I will listen to her, but in the moment her voice changes and she stars flapping her hands around I just block.
- I love beautiful things, I know what looks good and what doesn't.
- I have strong connection with my dog (is that even a good reason....)
- I am curious
- My confidence is 0. Im very competitive and when I dont get the result I wanted then I failed in my eyes. Im very impatient and that is why I dont get good results. Vicious circle.
- When there is a stress situation I would cry a little bit or will want to smash, but I will get my shit together and act.
- I myself use passive aggressive (learned it from my mum, she does it constantly)
- When I have emotions I hold them and then after some time I explode.
- I have finished Art School and I was interested in drawing and painting.
- I love dancing, singing and I feel great emotions when I do those stuff.
- I am better with actions than with words.
- I sucked at math, I just did not wanted to learn it. But if I pushed myself I would get avrage/decent results.
- I can get emotionally attach but only to my dog or that special someone.
- I use the words "I feel" "I felt" "I have a feeling"
- I dont know how to use words properly, in their proper definition.
- I listen to the music mostly because of the rhythm not the words
- when somebody tells me they are okay but i see it on their face or hear it on their voice I can tell if they really are okay or not.
Im sorry for the long info.. I hope we can figure this out. Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
ISFP
cuz Fi, that is personal feeling judgment, not in touch with others and being fine with it
you should fill out a questionnaire tho

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi everybody! First post here, think im in the right place. Im gonna cut to the chase, because me overthinking on stuff doesn't help right now. So the very first time I ever took the test I came up to be an INTJ, but when I read it did not sounded like me at all. Then I did several other tests, I did SO many that I managed to manipulate the results I wanted to get xD. I said to myself "this is not working" so I went and start digging into the cognitive functions and start comparing it to my real life. SO.

The reasons why I think I'm an ISTP
- I was never very girly. I dont use make up, I dont do my hair, I dress sporty. I use cremes only if I have to/ there is a reason for it.
- When guys are flirting with me I can see straight thru them.
-I don't like the cheesy, romantic stuff. I do like affection but only from my partner.
- I was a rebel.. awful,awful rebel when I was at school.
- I was into sports. Running, cycling, volleyball, racing cars.
- I trouble shoot stuff. If somebody has technology problem I do everything I can and.. I usually succeed.
- I met my ESTJ ex with which I had great communications (straight forward, we just .. placed ourselves out there and we were honest to each other, because I told myself this is the guy I want) and we both like cars. But I like cars for the adrenaline (altho im scared of it) and the esthetics of the car. And altho I understand very little from cars I am always able to help my boyfriend around the car problems, viewing the engine. I ask him how it should actually look and I use all my capacity to figure it out.
- I find out very quickly what works and what doesn't with people or tech stuff.
- People tell me I overthink and that I shouldn't, but I find it useful so I continue doing it.
- I hate dishonesty, just say what its the problem, don't passive aggressive me, tell me where I did wrong and we can think it/work it out.
- People tell me I make them "think" on stuff. I ask questions, I give theories and data (anything that I know)
- Very private.
- I don't stick with stuff. My ISFJ mum and my ESTJ boyfriend have to remind me to do stuff. To drink water, to put a medical creme.
- I am great at making names. We found out about that with my ESTJ when I start playing WoW, I was always coming up with original names, they always followed logic too.
- If I try hard I can figure out complicated data from the boring conventional institutions. Their bureaucracy.
- If somebody tells me to do something and it makes sense I will do it, but I will also attend the needs of my loved ones.
- I came up with my own theory about aliens.

Why I think im an ISFP

- I can get emotional from movies or when I see unfairness in the world.
- I have strong personal values (do follow some logic.. sometimes)
- I block completely when somebody is emotional. If my mother is talking to me normally I will listen to her, but in the moment her voice changes and she stars flapping her hands around I just block.
- I love beautiful things, I know what looks good and what doesn't.
- I have strong connection with my dog (is that even a good reason....)
- I am curious
- My confidence is 0. Im very competitive and when I dont get the result I wanted then I failed in my eyes. Im very impatient and that is why I dont get good results. Vicious circle.
- When there is a stress situation I would cry a little bit or will want to smash, but I will get my shit together and act.
- I myself use passive aggressive (learned it from my mum, she does it constantly)
- When I have emotions I hold them and then after some time I explode.
- I have finished Art School and I was interested in drawing and painting.
- I love dancing, singing and I feel great emotions when I do those stuff.
- I am better with actions than with words.
- I sucked at math, I just did not wanted to learn it. But if I pushed myself I would get avrage/decent results.
- I can get emotionally attach but only to my dog or that special someone.
- I use the words "I feel" "I felt" "I have a feeling"
- I dont know how to use words properly, in their proper definition.
- I listen to the music mostly because of the rhythm not the words
- when somebody tells me they are okay but i see it on their face or hear it on their voice I can tell if they really are okay or not.
Im sorry for the long info.. I hope we can figure this out. Thank you in advance!
The moment you said you'd typed as INTJ, I figured you were ISTP.
My reason is this: INTJ is majorly Melancholy in temperament with a mix of Choleric and phlegmatic, while ISTP is also primarily Melancholy with sanguine as secondary temperament type.
ISFP, on the other hand, is Phlegmatic-sanguine.

Secondly, some of the information you gave as your reasons for being ISFP could also fall into the category of ISTP.

·
Registered
104 Posts
If you don't know about cognitive function then its hard for me to explain. Your type is ISFP. I wouldn't think myself as an ISTP just because I love mechanics and hates girly stuff. If you're aware that you're thinking logically, its likely you're an ISFP. Thinking is something ISTP do it spontaneously, out of their awareness.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts