Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Breifly about myself:
-I'm an INFP female, with strong Fe, Ne, and borderline Perceiver
-Came from a family from an ENTP dad and an ISFJ mom. I'm close to my ENTP dad.

I've been hanging out with this ENTP guy (he 26 years-old and me, 27 years-old). We hit it off right away. But I can't tell if I'm just going to be a phase for him or if he's pursuing me for the long haul. I wish he can be more affectionate but I don't even go there with him because I know ENTP's get weirded out by that stuff- unless they initiate such affection themselves.

I really like him, a lot. Everything with him is so easy. After being with so many Sensor men, and an ENTJ guy (that one didn't work out at all, I felt like that ENTJ was so damn judgmental), this ENTP and I have zero conflict. We understand each other really well. He "gets" me perfectly, I never met a guy who understood AND appreciated my complexity. He enjoys talking to me a lot. What I like about him is that he's not "forward" with me (ie, tries to get in my pants) like most of the Sensor men I've been involved with in the past. Every Sensor guy I've hung out with, BOOM, he wants to make out right away. This ENTP isn't like that. He gives me physical affection, hugs, and rubs, but doesn't try to get it on or anything (I think it's also because he heard my stance on not having sex with someone unless you're in a relationship with them).

But here's what bothers me. He has lots of female friends. I act like I'm not jealous at all. In fact when we hung out on Saturday night, his ex who was in town for Mardi Gras kept calling him and he kept ignoring her calls. I told him that I didn't want to keep him from getting laid and he is welcome to buzz her, I didn't mind. He told me that he'd rather stay and talk to me for hours than call up his ex. After we parted ways at 3 am, he kept sending me a string of text messages just to keep on talking. He kept saying for some reason that he's afraid I'm going to get "shy" on him and that he'll never hear from me again. I told him don't be foolish.. not true at all!! Every time we hang out, after we part ways and go home, he keeps texting me to keep on talking, then he'll text me the morning after to follow-up (which I think is hysterical). His text messages are always welcoming and incredibly humorous. When we hang out together we just laugh the entire time and engage in deep talking. He told me he thinks I'm such a "deep" person.

The last time we hung out, as he was leaving my car, he embraced me in a very long affectionate hug, was about to kiss me but changed his mind. That bothered me a little. He also held my hand for less than a second and let it go right away -- that also kind of hurt me inside. Of course I don't tell him these things because I think they're private feelings of mine.

So with all these female friends he has, I can't tell if I'm just one of them and hence just a "phase" for this ENTP, or if I'm potentially the real deal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
From what I understand, he is very much into you. The fact he embraced you for a long time means exactly that. This is similar to what happened to me in the past. We both were Perceivers (P) and both wants the other person to make the move. He hugged you, but didnt get a response whether you loved it or not. Then when he is about to kiss, he got confused how u will take it. Both are moving in parellel tracks without anything happening. One of you have to bring that gentle pushy character of J but dont overdo it. Try reciprocating his moves and things will start to happen.

Being a P myself, I felt more happening with a J than with a P. Bonding happens with P, but difficult to take it to the next level as both of us don't take the initiative.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts